NBC's Community

ep 1 was good, ep 2 was kinda meh. didnt really have any high points. overall, it still seems like fun, ive allways watched for jeff, annie, britta and abed, so none of the other characters missing mattered a lot to me. as soon as those stay the same weird people, im gonna watch :D

I only miss Troy in regard to the "Troy and Abed" deal. But even that was waning by the time Glover quit the show...
Chevy Chase had stopped being the 'bad guy' long before he left, so yeah, I don't miss him much anyway.

I watched both of the episodes that first day. I really enjoyed both of them. I think they did a good job establishing a few more recurring cast members while maintaining the identity of the show. It is nice to still have Community around, and I'm really looking forward to the crazy quirky stuff they do throughout this season.

I HATE Yahoo. And I mean REALLY HATE Yahoo, but I will be a loyal follower of Yahoo Screen Community as long as it is there.

I have to keep reminding myself that there'll be a new one each Tuesday morning, clearly not a time anyone would normally think of catching their favorite show...
I HATE Yahoo. And I mean REALLY HATE Yahoo, but I will be a loyal follower of Yahoo Screen Community as long as it is there.
I hear you. I have nothing against Yahoo but hate Facebook with a seething passion and would have to admit I would join facebook if it meant that was the only way I'd get to see new Community episodes.

Today's one was pretty good, I was wondering when we'd hear something about City College... But I'm still waiting for their giant mechanical spider to be used as was shown at the end of - I think - Season 3

Not a spoiler from today's episode but...
Annie Kim is back for a moment. Wow!
Nice to see how Elroy Patashnik and Abed are getting along, I think that character might be paired with Abed more and more as they seem a good balance.
Loved the jokes about IT people, too.

I just saw this week's one. I think they're getting better as they go this season. Annie's reaction to Brita's end-run around her was hilarious. All Hail Annie!

I usually download and watch on Friday, so I JUST watched the Karate Kid ep and loved it.

So far I feel this season is KILLING it.

The parking garage scene this week (the first one) was one of my favorite moments from the whole show.
I agree how funny it was, but am I alone with wondering about a parking garage which has never been mentioned before and seems odd for a school with such a low budget? Remember the days when Jeff had to park in faculty parking (with houses on the other side of the street)?

Holy crap...

Community took three years to set this up for the payoff...

oHqBnRd.gif

zWxAvsN.gif

eAmiUkA.gif

I agree how funny it was, but am I alone with wondering about a parking garage which has never been mentioned before and seems odd for a school with such a low budget? Remember the days when Jeff had to park in faculty parking (with houses on the other side of the street)?
Community's always been expressed partially through the tension between the in-universe settings and the production realities of the show's awkward budget and location constraints. Their callous disregard for geographic continuity is one of the charms for me--Like the fact that the show takes place in a fictionalized Colorado for legal reasons, but the creators admitted they stopped attempting to hide the fact that it was shot in Southern California before they had even finished the first season. They used to make an effort to hide palm trees (wrapping them up in fake evergreen bark) and the characters have Colorado area codes in their phones---but nobody has ever worn a winter coat, for example.

I don't know what the in-universe explanation could be for the parking garage, but I know the real-world production reason because I recognized the area immediately. It's the north parking structure at the CBS Radford Studio lot and it is LITERALLY adjacent to the stage where they shot Community this season--I used to park there all the time when I worked on Parks & Rec. It's a handy location that Community didn't have access to before this season, because they used to shoot at the Paramount lot. It's goofy and I love it---an ominous parking garage that seems to only exist when the narrative demands it.
Greendale.

They used to make an effort to hide palm trees (wrapping them up in fake evergreen bark) and the characters have Colorado area codes in their phones---but nobody has ever worn a winter coat, for example.
A pal of mine in Colorado hates this show for that very reason.
A co-worker argued that in the KFC "Right Stuff - Apollo 13" episode, there wasn't a desert for them to tow it to in Colorado. I argued that there is indeed a desert in that state as I've been in it more than once. He had no idea.
I don't know what the in-universe explanation could be for the parking garage, but I know the real-world production reason because I recognized the area immediately. It's the north parking structure at the CBS Radford Studio lot and it is LITERALLY adjacent to the stage where they shot Community this season--I used to park there all the time when I worked on Parks & Rec. It's a handy location that Community didn't have access to before this season, because they used to shoot at the Paramount lot. It's goofy and I love it---an ominous parking garage that seems to only exist when the narrative demands it.
Greendale.
I think it'd be more funny if Jeff had made a comment about it. "Hey Dean, now that you've acknowledged that I did get attacked by one of your robo-criminals in the parking garage, I have to ask when did we get a parking garage, anyway?" And the Dean could say something like it was actually for an abandoned mall and for Jeff to keep quiet as Greendale isn't paying for it's use.
You gotta admit, that would also be very Greendale!

A pal of mine in Colorado hates this show for that very reason.
Haha, well I was born and raised in Colorado and I love it. Different strokes!

A co-worker argued that in the KFC "Right Stuff - Apollo 13" episode, there wasn't a desert for them to tow it to in Colorado. I argued that there is indeed a desert in that state as I've been in it more than once. He had no idea.
That's very funny. We have loads of desert in Colorado. Somehow people tend to think it's only ski resorts and mountains.

I think it'd be more funny if Jeff had made a comment about it. "Hey Dean, now that you've acknowledged that I did get attacked by one of your robo-criminals in the parking garage, I have to ask when did we get a parking garage, anyway?" And the Dean could say something like it was actually for an abandoned mall and for Jeff to keep quiet as Greendale isn't paying for it's use.
You gotta admit, that would also be very Greendale!

That would be FANTASTIC.

The 3-14-15 episode was really good, lots of fast-paced (and very well written) bickering. I love that Abed even made reference to "the golden era" of the series.
And did Frankie suggest Troy was lost at sea? :confused
I swear this season, it gets better with each episode!

Troy and Levar were captured by pirates. It was displayed on a news ticker on a TV screen last season.
Man, I totally missed that. I have all the DVDs of the previous seasons, would anyone know what episode had that?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back