Aayla Secura

JediFran

Finishing my Aayla costume this weekend, this is what I was up to this evening with my airbrush ;)

These are of course the wonderful Pam's Twi'leks Lekku :)

Lekku1.jpg

Lekku3.jpg

Lekku4.jpg

Lekku6.jpg

Lekku7.jpg

Will share completed pics once I have them :)

Thanks for looking!

Fran x

Wow. Great paint job. No runs, no drips, no errors.

How much do those run, if you dont mind me asking...and where do you get them?

Hi there,

just google "Pam's twi lek creations" and the site will come up where you can contact Pam :) She will give you all the prices. They come as plain skin coloured latex lekku, the paintjob you have to do yourself!

Also, I am now finished:

P1010021.jpg

Flash has darkened down all the browns alot, they are actually alot more acurate than they seem here :(

Please be kind, have been unwell all day today and feel and look like awfulness -lol :)

Thanks for looking,

Fran x

wow, that color did change, if you look at your previous post where it showed the brown on the lekku...I would imagine the rest of the outfit is about the same, so with my mind doing the color change, it looks fantastic :lol
I really liked the paint job btw. great job!

Looks great! Mind if I ask what body paint you used? I'm always looking for something better than what I started with.

The only suggestion I would have is to add some highlights and shadows to your face and body paint. You shouldn't be solid blue. This is the one thing I think gets overlooked alot on bodypainted characters.

Also... Is that a TriCloudWalker Ki-Adi Mundi I see in your hand?

Costume looks great and you look beautiful. You should feel proud, that's a well done costume. The paint job on the head-tails is very realistic.

Does body paint come off more easily than regular Halloween or theatrical makeup? I want to redo a character I used to dress as, but the thing that makes me hesitate is scrubbing all that makeup off. It didn't remove easily, despite the cold cream I wore underneath. The stuff you used looks great!

Thanks for the great comments guys and gals :)

Right, on to the questions:

I use ben nye magicolor liquid paint in cosmic blue lightened up with a bit of White as well as the colour was too dark for my tastes. I also recommend using ben nye color seal (can't remember what exactly it was called...) before you put on paint to make the paint take better and then a final seal to make it stay on. It doesn't rub off much other than in the creases of the elbow for example. I use a darker blue and lighter blue powder for highlighting as well, but I think the flash destroyed that effect ;)

for application I used sponges this time to apply two layers of paint. Usually I use my airbrush and compressor but I didn't want to ruin the bathroom at my parents house ;)

the lightsaber is borrowed from a friend for now, I have no idea what the make is :) it's solid aluminium through and through.

@Lois the paint came off super easy :) when I got in the shower running water actually did very little but a quick rub down with a rough cloth and soap and it came off straight away no problems :) sounds like you used an alcohol based paint last as that is an absolute pain and needs a special remover!!

X

Those lekku are very well done, as is the rest of the costume. Can we see it in natural light, so the flash does not make the browns come out black?

Those lekku are very well done, as is the rest of the costume. Can we see it in natural light, so the flash does not make the browns come out black?

Yes, but not with me in it as I am not getting all geared up again until I go to an event ;)

If you look at the colour of the brown on the lekku further up (where its just the lekku, not the rest of me ;)) you get a much better idea of the actual colour of the brown.

Am stuck on the sofa and am mightly unwell, but will try and get some pics taken when I am up and at it again!

x

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back