Cap's Shield!! (Don't look if you don't like spoilers)

Re: Cap's Shield!!

I'll of course take all the reference I can get on this piece. :angel

Re: Cap's Shield!!

How are they even working on this? According to the alternate intro of my "The Hulk" Blu-ray Cap's still frozen in ice :cool

On a similar note, I saw IM2 today, and Thor's hammer doesn't seem to be the plain chunk of metal it looks like in the comics.

There is a definite technological aspect to it. The edges are beveled and engraved with some kind of pattern. As it's only on screen for a moment, it was hard to get more detail, but it is certainly not smooth.

Stark builds Thor's hammer and Cap's shield? That's a big change from the comics, isn't it?
No. Clearly Stark just bought the shield. The Hammer didn't come from Stark either.

And in the Norse tales the hammer was forged by very skilled blacksmiths - it wasn't a simple creation.

Clearly Stark had no clue what the shield was, meaning his Father probably was working on it during the Captain America project and stopped when Cap disappeared.

I didn't mean Stark builds the hammer, just that it had a tech look about it.

As for the shield, it's just weird. Why would the inventor make only half the star?

I dont quite understand it either tbh, why all the electronic components and complicated frame work? In the comics it was just a batch of adamantium poored into a tank hatch mold.

I'm wondering if its not a prototype of the energy shield Cap had after Reborn and USAgent used off and on. But that it was the SHIELD agent recognized it so maybe not.

Could be that Cap is going to use his original shield in the first movie that wasn't round, then switch after the thaw.

Hulk blu-ray had a different intro? Missed that one.

I dont quite understand it either tbh, why all the electronic components and complicated frame work? In the comics it was just a batch of adamantium poored into a tank hatch mold.

I couldn't stop myself from writing that it's a once-in-a-lifetime adamantium/vanadium alloy. At least it was back when I was reading Cap, by Roger Stern and John Byrne.

I'm such a nerd.

I couldn't stop myself from writing that it's a once-in-a-lifetime adamantium/vanadium alloy. At least it was back when I was reading Cap, by Roger Stern and John Byrne.

I'm such a nerd.

(y)thumbsup:thumbsup dang - you beat me to it. It was somehow stronger than adamantium and the vibranium mixed it would dampen inersha

I hate the tech look of this thing - but maybe at this point in the movie (in an unwritten background story) Nick Fury has already asked Stark to rebuild a shield for Cap because the other went missing when cap was frozen - and that leaves it open for Cap to find his real shield in the Avengers movie.

I was told by a good source that Namor is in the Avengers movie as a bad guy (depending on pov) -

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back