MR Falcon

A landing gear ? Who wants that ? This is made for flying .

I love this falcon it looks awesome. I love the lights. Is there any concern of them burning out? Can the bulbs be replaced ? Just curious about how that works.

great job

<div class='quotetop'>(Markimus @ Jul 21 2006, 09:19 PM) [snapback]1285347[/snapback]</div>
A landing gear ? Who wants that ? This is made for flying .

I love this falcon it looks awesome. I love the lights. Is there any concern of them burning out? Can the bulbs be replaced ? Just curious about how that works.

great job
[/b]
They are LED'S...not bulbs...they should last as long as we do.

<div class='quotetop'>(Markimus @ Jul 21 2006, 02:19 PM) [snapback]1285347[/snapback]</div>
I love the lights. Is there any concern of them burning out? Can the bulbs be replaced ? Just curious about how that works.
[/b]
Terrible LEDs can usually last somewhere in the realm of 10 years, constantly lit, as long as they're not overloaded or physically distressed

Good LEDs, like the kind you pay for on a $2000 replica, you'll probably never see burn out :)

I wanted to chime in here. First of all, I just wanted to say that I was COMPLETELY blown away when I walked up to the Falcon at SDCC. It had JUST come out of the Box and I was simply stunned.

The parts, the laser scan, the paint job, all of it came together and just NAILED IT.
I just cant go on enough about how great it looks.

With all the "THANK YOUs for Moe and Frank" I just wanted to emphasis Moe and I had a part in a larger effort that included SO MANY other people.

So thanks for the KUDOS. It's appreciated, HOWEVER...... be sure to tell everyone else involved THANK YOU when you get the opportunity to do so. Hope you all enjoy the replica because it really is something to behold. You would swear they STOLE it from the ARCHIVES and owning a replica of that caliber of quality is the next best thing to ACTUALLY having done so.

MR REALLY Did it right with this one.

My very best,

Frank Cerney

FYI.

Lorne Peterson (one of the builders of the original for those of you who dont know) dropped by the MR booth yesterday and closely examined the falcon.

Ill defer to two other Board members who spoke to him for an hour and a half, but one of his many quotes was...

"...WOW....thats it....you got all of it" He was even amazed the screws holding the engine deck were recreated and positioned with the correct overhang. It seams while building the original they forgot to bevel the deck plate and when they did they had to cut closer to the screw holes than they would have liked.

Funny huh?

He also confirmed the falcon was indeed painted with the colors that Dean used for the master and was amazed the factory did such a superb job recreating everything.

COOL HUH?

Frank Cerney

That's cool. It's a giant kudos to those of you who worked so hard on this.

I would love to hear more of what he said. Wonder if he's in line for one?

Great info Frank. That is so cool to get a stamp of approval from the master model builder himself, Lorne Peterson. I cant wait to get this baby. :) I hope we can get more cool info from Lorne.

Carl

Barry, can you confirm the presale date that a few members have posted from MR emails to CS members? I've been a CS member for some time now, and I haven't seen an email from MR for a couple of weeks. There's nothing in the MR blog, and nothing on the site when I logon to my account.

Thanks for any clarification or info.

Allan

Anyone care to comment on the two fins on the rear half of the underside?

I can't seem to locate these on any ILM MF shots, but they are on the MR...

Sorry, I don't have a pic, but the MR guys and those who have seen the MR MF likely know what I'm referring to.

<div class='quotetop'>(PHArchivist @ Jul 24 2006, 02:48 PM) [snapback]1286620[/snapback]</div>
Anyone care to comment on the two fins on the rear half of the underside?

I can't seem to locate these on any ILM MF shots, but they are on the MR...

Sorry, I don't have a pic, but the MR guys and those who have seen the MR MF likely know what I'm referring to.
[/b]

I know what fins you speak of, Most reference pics dont have em as they have long since been broken off.

However....they did exist. Look close you will see the GLUE lines where they were in some of your photos.

Frank

<div class='quotetop'>(BrundelFly @ Jul 24 2006, 02:52 PM) [snapback]1286623[/snapback]</div>
I know what fins you speak of, Most reference pics dont have em as they have long since been broken off.

However....they did exist. Look close you will see the GLUE lines where they were in some of your photos.

Frank
[/b]

Thanks Frank. Got it (with a little help). Noted the scars on the original model.

Nice work on the bird. The team's efforts and talent are CLEARLY obvious.

<div class='quotetop'>(imaginager @ Jul 24 2006, 02:05 AM) [snapback]1286368[/snapback]</div>
Barry, can you confirm the presale date that a few members have posted from MR emails to CS members? I've been a CS member for some time now, and I haven't seen an email from MR for a couple of weeks. There's nothing in the MR blog, and nothing on the site when I logon to my account.

Thanks for any clarification or info.

Allan
[/b]

Allan,

The email says on sale to Collector's Society members July 25th 9am Pacific time. Onsale to the general public, July 27th 9am Pacific time.

Hope that helps.

And here's a shot of those elusive fins...

FALCONPROPSTORYBOTTOM.jpg

Barry

Barry - sorry to trouble you but do you know if the Falcon will be available to non-U.S. CS members?
I received an email from MR regarding the Enterprise, but I have not received one for the Falcon. :cry

Thanks in advance,

Howard.

<div class='quotetop'>(Howard @ Jul 24 2006, 05:32 PM) [snapback]1286725[/snapback]</div>
Barry - sorry to trouble you but do you know if the Falcon will be available to non-U.S. CS members?
I received an email from MR regarding the Enterprise, but I have not received one for the Falcon. :cry

Thanks in advance,

Howard.
[/b]

Howard,

There are no restrictions on territory or shipping. If you encounter a problem when ordering then you need to call customer service. I just checked with sales and they tell me there should be no problems. The item will be expensive to ship. It's huge and comes suitably (safely) packed.

Barry

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back