MR Falcon

FalconsFalconsFalcons.jpg

One Factory and two Dymerski Falcons on a kitchen table.

The 32" miniature never had landing gear attached to it. The bays do not open. The model was built for all of the aerial acrobatics the Falcon had to perform in ESB. The Falcon that lands on Cloud City (after the inital CG model approach in the Special Editions) is the 5 footer with the added landing gear footwells that were missing in A New Hope.

The 5 footer was again used for the close-ups in the asteroid worm's belly, but the 32" was used for the close-ups when the ship was hanging from the underside of the medical frigate at the movie's end.

The 32" is used throughout Jedi and appears in A New Hope Special Edition where it depicts the Falcon in all of the matte paintings of her parked onboard the Death Star.

Hope that helps clear up some things.

Barry

<div class='quotetop'>(moes1 @ Jul 20 2006, 08:33 PM) [snapback]1284684[/snapback]</div>
Cool.... :)
Nice to see that my efford has paid off. (Just hope they don't forget to ship one here)
As far as kit parts,... I would say it's 99% accurate, there are some of the parts that has not yet been ID'ed and therefore had to be scratched. Also, some area's of the ship is very hard to take a decent picture of, so minor details might not be there. BUT, it's still VERY close to the original, and is an AWESOME replica which I can't wait to get.
So I really hope you guys love it:)
[/b]

Moe,

I hope you and Frank really love it. Your contributions to this project were invaluable, welcome and fun. Hopefully if Lucasfilm approves the collateral that's planned to accompany the bird, then you, Frank and Dean will all be happy chappies.

Barry

WOW - this looks great. Amazing attention to detail. All it needs to do is make the sounds .

What is the collateral that Lucasfilm has to approve ? This makes me curious... there's more ?

<div class='quotetop'>(Barry @ Jul 20 2006, 05:51 PM) [snapback]1284721[/snapback]</div>

Barry
[/b]

Which one is the factory model? I'd love to see a side by side comparison between the paint master and factory model...

I have about 1700.00 saved up and 100 off with the coupon. Can you add more tham one coupon for the Falcon, will the RPF MR dealers here be offering it any chaeper :love

aljf

<div class='quotetop'>(LewisD @ Jul 21 2006, 04:20 AM) [snapback]1284945[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Barry @ Jul 20 2006, 05:51 PM) [snapback]1284721[/snapback]

Barry
[/b]

Which one is the factory model? I'd love to see a side by side comparison between the paint master and factory model...
[/b][/quote]

Front one factory...2 rear mine.
If Barry says it is OK I will post some pics of the paint master
Dean

Awesome replica for sure but with no landing gear, no sale here.

Still want that 44" Eagle, MR. Build that - and I'd pay 4K+ for it.

The Falcon looks so bloody incredible, it's not even funny.
Outstanding job by all who were involved....

I'm still puzzled by those wanting the landing gear though.
I can understand it to a point if the Falcon was on the ground, but it's so much cooler with them up and in a flying pose.

Landed, it's just a hunk of junk, flying..well...it's the FALCON... :)

And I'm curious as to how they could have been "more creative" with the wiring...

It is an amazing acheivement by all, theres no way ill get one so ill just have to admire it really. Its odd that folk would want landing gear, it wouldnt be a studio scale replica then would it? The factory paint is just superb too.

<div class='quotetop'>(ralphee @ Jul 21 2006, 03:11 PM) [snapback]1285106[/snapback]</div>
Its odd that folk would want landing gear[/b]
I wouldn't want to dangle it from the ceiling. Maybe I need to see some pics of the supplied stand.
<div class='quotetop'></div>
...it wouldnt be a studio scale replica then would it?[/b]
Yes. A replica. At studio scale. :unsure

I'm sure it would have been relatively easy to implement a choice of both gear-up and gear down. :)

What i mean is Eagle, if landing gear were added it would no longer be a replica of the filming prop, as no gear are present on her, and that is what MR have strived to reproduce, ive not seen anyone add gear to any 32" build as it doesnt belong on there when replicating the miniature. So i recall the stand plugs into the lower gunwell with an AC adaptor for the lighting. LOL i wouldnt want to hang her airfix style from the ceiling either.

<div class='quotetop'>(aljf @ Jul 21 2006, 03:17 AM) [snapback]1284993[/snapback]</div>
I have about 1700.00 saved up and 100 off with the coupon. Can you add more tham one coupon for the Falcon, will the RPF MR dealers here be offering it any chaeper :love

aljf
[/b]

I will be offering it over at KM Collect, but not intill after MR has the pre-sale for the CS. Till then I am not allowed to say a price. :angel

George

i wouldnt want to hang her airfix style from the ceiling either.
[/quote]

Me either...it weighs around 40 pounds...............1

Well, I'll say right off that this will be added to my collection - thanks Frank, Moe and Dean, MR and the whole crew.

Now that that's out of the way...I was looking through the collective reference and stumbled over a pic of the bottom of the Falcon in the ESB section of Chronicles. The pic is on page 177 and is a nearly full-on bottom view. And, there is no landing gear in that pic. On the next page there are nice detail pictures of the gear that ILM constructed for select ESB sequences. One of the model makers' hands appears in these pics, and it's very clear that the landing gear are much too large to fit the 32" model.

What's also interesting about the pic on page 177 is that the gun turret and cannon are plainly visible on the bottom of the Falcon. Perhaps they swapped one set from the top of the model to the bottom for filming. Regardless, it is there...

It would be nice to see some bottom views of MR's replica, and of the stand. We're a bunch of crafty folk, and I bet it wouldn't be too terribly difficult to add a turrent and cannon to the bottom of the ship.

THE ONLY SUGGESTION I HAVE FOR Master Replicas is...please consider using simple c-stand armatures with the Studio Scale offerings. I realize people are divided on this issue. But, in my opinion, I believe the replicas deserve to be supported as the filming miniatures were for FX shots. Or, at least as many of the models have been on the various tours. Same for the Trek stuff. A museum quality stand for a museum quality replica. I keep telling my wife that these aren't toys. How's she ever going to believe me when the replicas all come with "theme" stands?/? :D

Allan

FALCONSIX.jpg

The underside of the Falcon.

The model is mounted on an acrylic rod. The electrical feed is inside it. There is a switch and a power point for the jack on one corner of the display base.

Barry

i wouldnt want to hang her airfix style from the ceiling either.

Me either...it weighs around 40 pounds...............1
:eek A definate health and safety issue then lol.
[/quote]

Is it really only 40 pounds? I say "only" because I've seen much higher
numbers from people posting on the RS boards. Any idea how much the
base weighs?

Is it really only 40 pounds? I say "only" because I've seen much higher
numbers from people posting on the RS boards. Any idea how much the
base weighs?
[/quote]

Falcon is right around 40 pounds or a little less...trust me...I had 4 to move around here in my shop...
No idea on the base
Dean

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back