MR Falcon

Kurt... Im jealous . :D

Im glad to see you finally get it . :D

Anyway, if I was you, I would keep it. It's only a LED... That's the easier thing to replace... Even if you know nothing about that... Maybe you could take the LED without open up the monster ? Cut the legs of the LED and put a new one... Anyway, that's very rare, but we can have issue with new LED's, we cant blame MR about that...

Cant wait to see more pics buddy . :D Thanks for sharing those pics with us . =)

Mine is finally on its way - supposed to be delivered on Sat. I had to pick my ATAT up from the DHL warehouse when it shipped, assuming I'll have to so the same with the Falcon. Anyone have the dims of the box handy (LxWxH)? Hope it will fit in my car.

Thanks.

This was posted a few pages back:

Unit (Shipping Case)
Dimensions: 48”x36”x24”
Weight: 103 lbs

My recollection is that it's somewhat taller than 2', though. I doubt it will fit in your car. Pickup, yeah. Car, no... :p :)

Thanks for the info. Not a car, SUV. Still don't think it'll fit. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(imaginager @ Dec 28 2006, 04:41 AM) [snapback]1385588[/snapback]</div>
This was posted a few pages back:

Unit (Shipping Case)
Dimensions: 48”x36”x24”
Weight: 103 lbs

My recollection is that it's somewhat taller than 2', though. I doubt it will fit in your car. Pickup, yeah. Car, no... :p :)
[/b]

Received mine today and I must say I'm very impressed with it in every way, the pics I've seen so far really don't do it any justice. Barry was right, most of the photographs really wash the paintjob out, I was pleasantly surprised at how much darker the model is and how much subtlety is present in the paintjob. I'll post some pics when I have a bit of time. Master Replicas, you've really outdone yourselves and delivered a replica of the Falcon that's nothing short of incredible, many thanks to all involved in the project.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BobFett @ Dec 27 2006, 10:46 PM) [snapback]1385559[/snapback]</div>
Mine is finally on its way - supposed to be delivered on Sat. I had to pick my ATAT up from the DHL warehouse when it shipped, assuming I'll have to so the same with the Falcon. Anyone have the dims of the box handy (LxWxH)? Hope it will fit in my car.

Thanks.
[/b]

This has changed due to the cost of shipping. The new info should be:

44.5” x 35” x 23.5”

Weight 103 lbs

Thanks George.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jedi Bailinkski @ Dec 28 2006, 03:56 PM) [snapback]1385771[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BobFett @ Dec 27 2006, 10:46 PM) [snapback]1385559[/snapback]

Thanks.
[/b]

This has changed due to the cost of shipping. The new info should be:

44.5” x 35” x 23.5”

Weight 103 lbs
[/b][/quote]

I didn't have room for the base unfortunately, so I had to get a bit creative with a way to display her, actually I like viewing the Falcon better when it's sitting level, on this base I can swing it around and view from any angle and it's rock solid. Here's a few pics.
[attachmentid=11766]
[attachmentid=11767]
[attachmentid=11765][attachmentid=11764]

Barry or anyone who may know, I'm wondering if I can use the power supply for the base and simply get an adapter to connect to it and run into the bottm for lights. I'm not sure what other electronics are actually in the base other than just the on/off switch, any help would be appreciated.

Chris

Interesting idea with the chair mount Chris. ;) Bob had a similar idea originally planned for the Studio DSII coming up shortly,.. but we abandoned the idea in place of a Studio Mount Replica being built. Neat though. :thumbsup

A final update on my lighting problem...

MR came through with flying colors in offering to replace my unit. They stated I could keep my signature plaque and paperwork, but would need to return the faulty unit prior to shipping the replacement. Bottom line is that they have proven to work toward my satisfaction and I appreciate that.

That stated,.. I have decided to keep my faulty unit. The lights are just not important to me and I will probably never show it lit up anyway. It serves my "Studio" purpose more in it's static mode. I will blot out the second madible light for symetry and only use the engine and cockpit lights when I feel the need..which will almost be never.

I love this piece and my dissapointment is just not enough to want replacement. ;)

I take it that I am the only one to have had this problem since it hasn't shown up anywhere else as of yet. So,.. no worries,.. just the luck of the draw. And yet I am still very pleased. :D

Sorry to hear about your LED problem man, but I think I would've probably done the same, the lights are neat but it wouldn't be enough to make me return it.

Well the chair mount just wasn't cutting it for me, didn't have the professional look I wanted so I just decided to use the rolling platform and make a "real mount" for it. Electrical for the lights is ran up through the pole and in the same as on the MR display base. Really has that "studio" look mounted this way. Here's a couple of pics showing the mount and a couple with good lighting to show how she really looks.
[attachmentid=11775]
[attachmentid=11774]
[attachmentid=11773]
[attachmentid=11776]

Yes, indeed, very nicely accomplished. And the black stand disappears against the black backdrop of the Vader costume. :thumbsup

Nightrider, how were you able to mount your Falcon level like that? I thought the mounting point was at an

angle so that the ship sits tilted?

Any info. on how you did that would be much appreciated :) .

I just received #418 SE. Congratulations to MR for an absolutely amazing replica. All the photographs I had seen do not do it justice. The quality of the material is amazing too. The type of resin or plastic has the feel of porcelain. I would recommend getting one of these to any fan.

This prop is really heavy. I would estimate between 40-50 pounds. It is actually too heavy for one person to hold for any length of time. The only reason I can guess for it being this heavy is that the armature was solid and not made from tubing.

So far, I have not seen any damage from shipping. The outer box was heavily damaged but the innner box was untouched. I am going to order a cover for it because there are many small easily broken details along the perimeter and the top. Also, dusting this thing would be a challenge. Dust would collect in the "access pits" and the cockpit and be difficult to remove.

This was my first SS purchase and am now thinking about buying the upcoming x-wing.

Can't get enough of seeing pics of this model. Sigh.

Hopefully someday I will get one. For now, my MR AT-AT v1 will have to suffice - which it does in spades.

Beautiful Falcons all around.

Hector

Hi Zenwalker, it's still mounted at the same pitch but with it being up higher it doesn't look as tilted. I would've preferred to mount it level but I'm very pleased with how it looks regardless. I agree with electricalengineer, the material feels and looks awesome and realistic, once again, excellent job Master Replicas. :D

Now what I would like to see is someone make a five piece set of landing gear that the falcon could sit on top of like pedestals, complete with bay doors and hoses, I think it would look awesome.

If anyone decides to make some, put me down for a set. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the nightrider @ Dec 31 2006, 10:43 PM) [snapback]1388085[/snapback]</div>
Now what I would like to see is someone make a five piece set of landing gear that the falcon could sit on top of like pedestals, complete with bay doors and hoses, I think it would look awesome.

If anyone decides to make some, put me down for a set. :p
[/b]

I wish they would have done that with the mirroed base. Have the falcon sit on the landing gears instead of the tube in the middle.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back