T2 Phased Plasma Rifle (now painted and weathered!)

Re: T2 Phased Plasma Rifle

Only the T2 3D show shows a sling and laser?

Doesn't make sense having a sling for the term., but maybe for tekcom soldier...

Only the T2 3D show shows a sling and laser?

Doesn't make sense having a sling for the term., but maybe for tekcom soldier...

Maybe a Terminator needs it's hands free once in awhile to throttle a resistance fighter or two?

But the laser pointer...that's just being to lazy to do the work themselves.

*GASP*:eek....SPLUTTER...:eek

EDIT: all those asking questions, please refer to the Junkyard... thanks. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

WOW! :eekShawn, that is the most stunning endorifle I have ever seen!:love 6 pounds? That should be light enough for an endo to hold it, I've been hoping for some time someone would come out with a plasma rifle light enough so when I get my endo built it can be posed like in the iconic scene at thre begining of T2!

The amount of work you and Tim put into this is incredible!:cheers

Beagle Bill

Tim and I both thank you for the kind words.. I'm hoping to have a painted version ready to show sometime this week.

I finally had the time to paint up a Plasma Rifle for my own collection this weekend. I was actually a little apprehensive about it, since I don't really like to paint, and as in my opinion, I've never seen what I've felt was a "definitive" paint scheme for this particular prop. I've always disliked the plated chrome finish, as apparently did Director Cameron, so much so that when the pieces arrived on set, he (as the story goes) personally weathered them down with some rattle-can spray paint.

Well, if that was good enough for *him*...

I was very fortunate enough to have some excellent photos of an original screen-used hero rifle, and it was that piece that provided me with the template to try and match. I first had to decide upon a base coat, which was easy. I really like Kryon's Dull Aluminum. It dries quick, and has a nice, not-too bright finish. After the piece had been sprayed with a black primer, I gave it two coats...not very impressive, right?

DSCN0656.jpg

Once that had dried, I added a black wash to all the screw heads and vents...

DSCN0657.jpg

When it was ready to handle (and using the reference photos as a guide) I went to town with a rattle-can of Duplicolor's Black Primer. I then used an old T-shirt dabbed with mineral spirits to rub down all the excess paint, paying particular attention to all the sharp edges. I know this may look extreme to some of you, but trust me, this is how the actual props really looked.

DSCN0663.jpg

DSCN0667.jpg

DSCN0666.jpg

DSCN0669.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Shawn

Damn! that looks awesome. I think I will use this as my guide when I get around to painting mine. I'm not a big fan of the chrome plating on the rifle either.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back