MR TOS Enterprise - new pics

I wonder what's keeping them from going ahead with it when they've already done the Refit which is the more difficult subject.

I don't know, but the structure of the TOS nacelle-pylon-secondary hull is more challenging due to the thin pylons; lots of potential drooping issues. Don't know if that has anything to do with it or if it's a licensing issue, or something else entirely.

I seem to be hearing lots of folks mentioning one of the nacelles are malfunctioning after a period of time..... is it always the same one or does it vary???

Dave

Well here we are in October 2013 and I finally experienced the nacelle problem. I've had my Master Replicas USS Enterprise since 2007 and would turn it on every few months or so and it would light up
and the nacelles would spin perfectly. Up until Oct. 19, 2013 that is. Turned it on and the starboard nacelle would not spin. Turned it off, plugged it back it, and it starting to spin very slowly after about
30 seconds. It slowly started to spin faster catching up to the port side after about half an hour or so. So it's ok - for now. Still love this model.

Ahhh, the old Master Replicas Enterprise.
Made a couple of videos with mine including one of it being pulled through a time tunnel by a tardis (say that fast 3 times)
I also ended up taking it apart due to electrical problems. I have pics if anyone is interested.
:)

[video=vimeo;10517641]https://vimeo.com/10517641[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
A few years ago Rylo produced an excellent replica of the deflector dish using actual copper, but I doubt he has any left.

If you can get your hands on one of these , you won't be disappointed . It just adds another level to the MR Enterprise .

Do any of you know anything about the latter run (the highest numbers) of the Master Replicas Enterprise? They were somehow improved? Please advise!

Do any of you know anything about the latter run (the highest numbers) of the Master Replicas Enterprise? They were somehow improved? Please advise!

No idea. Other than some were "artist proof" versions which were supposedly painted better.
I'm in the process of completely repainting mine anyway to reflect the new Smithsonian information.

So far...
master replicas repaint 2.jpg

:)Spockboy

master replicas repaint 2.jpg

The colors were green, rust, and yellow.

It took about a week (off and on) to do the saucer.
To me the dirtying on the Big E is like a painting. You don't just put a few marks here and there. It takes time.
There are many layers to blend into each other.

It was a great deal of fun.

Last edited:
Fantastic, what did you use on the domes to orange them up?
I have that damn oil residue blotching them up, thinking an orange treatment could help cover it up and make more accurate.

I just airbrushed them with orange ink.
According to Gary Kerr, that's what was done with the original model.

The ink is translucent so you can still see the lights.
I did a very light coat, turned on the lights to see, then did another coat.
12_52757.jpg

Then I sprayed them with acrylic matte finish to make sure they weren't shiny.

3cdb60ca-4e46-4269-9d83-89d14cdda6b3_1.e963927c7cfd4983940486906a14e5a8.jpeg

Don't forget, the little tabs are orange as well, with brass colored nuts.
ent-smithsonian-june-2016-32.jpg

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back