MR TOS Enterprise - new pics

ohgoodgod..... so much goodness... Mine is on her way... I can't wait... just hope it's not too anti-climactic.

eeee...........
-r.

Phase pistol, those comparison shots look great. They tell a lot about the differences. The Unobtainium E looks to be in good condition. Does it still look that way, or are those "before" photos? You can see where Unobtainium wasn't quite as accurate as the MR. Interesting to see how two different companies approached the same subject (and how one learned from the other what not to do).

Good news, got my ship today...all works and the paint is perfect...

BAD NEWS, there is a crack in the saucer right behind the bridge to the long thing in front if the impulse engines...CRAP.........................

if I send it back there can be a chance something worse will be on the new bird.

If I can match the paint, I think I am keeping it and fix it. I already glued the crack keeping it from splitting more. All else is PERFECT............

Anyone know the shade of paint the big E is?????????????????????????????

Dean

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dymerski @ Mar 23 2007, 03:55 PM) [snapback]1446570[/snapback]</div>
Good news, got my ship today...all works and the paint is perfect...

BAD NEWS, there is a crack in the saucer right behind the bridge to the long thing in front if the impulse engines...CRAP.........................

if I send it back there can be a chance something worse will be on the new bird.

If I can match the paint, I think I am keeping it and fix it. I already glued the crack keeping it from splitting more. All else is PERFECT............

Anyone know the shade of paint the big E is?????????????????????????????

Dean
[/b]

Dean, I'm obviously not aware of what your CC balance is or what you personal finances will tolerate, but If I were you, I'd keep that ship, order a brand new one in the clear, and then send back the one you think is most flawed or most difficult to correct. Since MR just got in quite a few and are expecting even more next week, you might get a new ship quite soon.

In the end you will have paid for only one ship and you won't have to sacrifice the one you think is perfect except for that major flaw until you know what you'd be trading it for. Just a suggestion.

The Unobtainium was absolute crap. The resin began to degrade almost immediately after I got it, the paint buckled, OIL seeped out in constant drippage... cracks began to form in the hull, the nacelles and saucer sagged down, all within a year after I got it. :angry

Of course, beyond all that, there were errors in the design of the Unobtainium... the dorsal neck was too LONG, making the saucer too high, and throwing off the proportions of the ship.

I'll try to whip up some photo comparisons with the MR when I get some time. But rest assured, the Unobtainium was crap and the MR is very nice indeed.

- k

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ringa @ Mar 23 2007, 02:20 PM) [snapback]1446447[/snapback]</div>
Phase pistol, those comparison shots look great. They tell a lot about the differences. The Unobtainium E looks to be in good condition. Does it still look that way, or are those "before" photos? You can see where Unobtainium wasn't quite as accurate as the MR. Interesting to see how two different companies approached the same subject (and how one learned from the other what not to do).
[/b]

Well I had a little bit of a scare late last night after my final post. I was sitting a the computer and looked into the den to gaze at my ship and the right fan blade was spinning at a very slow rate. I thought it was just my eyes being that it was 2 in the morning and I was half asleep. When I walked into the den, the blade was spinning much slower and the noise was gone. I about had a heart attack. DEFECTIVE MOTOR... I unplugged it and moved it to my bedroom. It had been on for about an hour. I thought it might need to cool down. This morning I fired her up and it was still running slow So I took it off of the stand and pointed it up, then down and gave it a little wiggle. I put it back on the stand and flipped the switch. Same thing...looked like the left nacelle was at warp 8 and the right was at warp 1. I thought I was going to cry. I came to the computer to start an e-mail to MR. Shortly after I sat down, I heard the motor noise come back up to the louder level. I stuck my head into my bedroom and low and behold the engine was back to normal. It's been running off and on several times today and no issues. It seems to be ok...but I'm afraid that it could be an issue later on. I'm not familiar with these types of motors so I don't know what to do. I'm gonna watch it a few more days and see what happens.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phase pistol @ Mar 24 2007, 12:04 AM) [snapback]1446845[/snapback]</div>
The Unobtainium was absolute crap. The resin began to degrade almost immediately after I got it, the paint buckled, OIL seeped out in constant drippage... cracks began to form in the hull, the nacelles and saucer sagged down, all within a year after I got it. :angry

Of course, beyond all that, there were errors in the design of the Unobtainium... the dorsal neck was too LONG, making the saucer too high, and throwing off the proportions of the ship.

I'll try to whip up some photo comparisons with the MR when I get some time. But rest assured, the Unobtainium was crap and the MR is very nice indeed.

- k

[/b]

I suppose my missing-out on this "Unobtainium" Enterprise offer means this "Johnnie-come-lately" lucked out. :D

However JoeysaddressÂ’s report about the nacelle fan-blade speed variance has me wondering about the longevity or worry free years IÂ’ll get from the MR ship. . . sigh . . . IÂ’m thinking that if troubles do come sometime after the warranties expire the guys in this group and some of the others IÂ’ve visited will find a way to fix it. :confused

For now however I’m pleased to have finally received a “tracking #”, :) I’m sure to have my ship some time next week.

RW.

She's been running all day now...right engine working fine...showing no signs of last nights slow down. I've read the 90 Day warranty fully and will continue to monitor the warp drive for any other abnormalities.

My MR Enterprise is due on Monday and I just a PO delivery notice saying I got a large package sitting at the PO that I think is my SS Klingon D-7 kit as I know it was shipped.

Will the two advisaries possibly meet on Monday? :lol

Lynn

The adversaries have already met. :p

(although the casting in my pics is not the infinitely superior CC model... that one is still eagerly awaited. :D )

DSC09778.jpg

DSC09798.jpg

:cry ..... My Fed-ex tracking # says mine was supposed to be deliverd today, but it is sitting on a Fed-ex truck somewhere in NJ... :cry

Maybe tomorrow... :(

Lynn

Well mine isn't due until Friday...

...but it showed up today...

Holy smokes this thing is cool. People say that but until it's in your own hands it just doesn't do it justice. I really love this thing. Holy cow...

Now all that said, it does have some issues, but luckily none of the issues I was paranoid about, such as cracks and parts popping off and poor masking on the nacelle caps, etc.

My hangar bay lookout doesn't seem to have the lightleaks I've seen on other ships, and no paint scratches where the support pylons go into the secondary hull. But that gap is there where the impulse engines meet the saucer. But the biggest issue is that the grid lines and weathering are very heavy, and some of the penciling is a bit sloppy. :( But, like I said, these were secondary concerns.

IT'S A KEEPER...

Congrats.

What number did you get?

It is an item that I dont think any of us will ever take for granted walking past it in our homes even years from now.

I got # 350.

Been running the nacelles nonstop for the past hour and a half. Not too bad on the sound. Great electronics. I am pleased to see the little blinker window on the side, down near the hangar deck. I didn't expect that one.

But what's the deal with the ring down near the antenna on the secondary hull though? On mine it looks like it was painted copper like the antenna, and then lightly painted over with the grey color? Looks like just about every MR E I'm seeing has that. Is that accurate? It looks odd.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ghost Host @ Mar 26 2007, 08:18 PM) [snapback]1448784[/snapback]</div>
But what's the deal with the ring down near the antenna on the secondary hull though? On mine it looks like it was painted copper like the antenna, and then lightly painted over with the grey color? Looks like just about every MR E I'm seeing has that. Is that accurate? It looks odd.
[/b]

That is actually quite accurate, IMHO (if accuracy can be a metter of opinion). THere was an awful lot of controversy over that copper ring and whether or not it should be there at all and if so how pronounced. Early prototypes included the FULL copper ring - same shade as the deflector. For my money, MR nailed it. The muted copper finish is EXACTLY what I remember from the show...

enterprisedevelopment19zo0.jpg
enterprisedevelopment21dz7.jpg

enterprisedevelopment19zo0.jpg

The fact that from certain angles you can tell the primary hull lettering is all one one decal strip, as seen above, is a little disappointing. In ten years, will that turn yellow?

Got mine last Friday. Had to wait until i got back from Vegas to open it up. It's # 180. I was surprised to get a relatively low number at this date. (Mine's a LE) LOVE it. First impressions out of the box: It's actually a little SMALLER than I thought... I think I've read too many posts here saying how HUGE it is... distorted my expectations. Looking it over for the first time... realizing that it's grey and not white... I have no gap problems... close examination uncovered no faults... CLOSER examination revealed one small paint chip on edge of saucer... no biggie as far as I'm concerned. LOVE the light effects. Very happy. Great to finally have it.

Mine has arrived at the DHL sorting facility in town. Should be arriving tomorrow.

Will be difficult concentrating on work knowing it is en route.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treadwell @ Mar 26 2007, 09:54 PM) [snapback]1448804[/snapback]</div>
The fact that from certain angles you can tell the primary hull lettering is all one one decal strip, as seen above, is a little disappointing. In ten years, will that turn yellow?
[/b]

What you're seeing there is a handmade prototype. The final piece does not show evidence of decaling.

DSC09689saucergrid.jpg

DSC09698.jpg

DSC09836.jpg

some more detail shots

DSC09869inspectiondoorvent.jpg

DSC09878.jpg

DSC09879.jpg

DSC09882.jpg

DSC09887.jpg

DSC09891.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back