MR TOS Enterprise - new pics

<div class='quotetop'>(phase pistol @ Jun 17 2006, 03:20 PM) [snapback]1263035[/snapback]</div>
Aw man. Here's the latest photo from the plant in China. :cry [/b]
:lol

You even got the blades on the nacelles angled in opposite directions. :thumbsup

<div class='quotetop'>(micdavis @ Jun 18 2006, 12:58 PM) [snapback]1263667[/snapback]</div>
Is it my imagination or are the "windows" all inset a little bit.

Can't say I care for that. I could be seeing things.
[/b]

That looks like a great model, though what's with the little "pencil lines" on the front ends of the nacelles?

It DOES look like many of the details are etched into the plastic, which gives it a nice look.

<div class='quotetop'>(micdavis @ Jun 18 2006, 03:58 PM) [snapback]1263667[/snapback]</div>
Is it my imagination or are the "windows" all inset a little bit.

[/b]

Looks that way to me, too. Seems to work against the sense of scale.

The windows in that pre-production piece are recessed. They will not be on the production units.

The model is molded in clear plastic, painted, then the windows are laser cut into the paintwork which gives you nice, almost flush (apart from the depth of the paint) windows.

Barry

<div class='quotetop'>(Vaderman @ Jun 21 2006, 01:20 PM) [snapback]1265202[/snapback]</div>
what's with the little "pencil lines" on the front ends of the nacelles
[/b]

The "pencil lines" are actually a spinning internal structure which is usually called "fan blades".

However unlike on the MR prototype the fan blades should not meet in the middle... (for this reason we think the "blades" might be lines drawn on a clear inner dome)...

Metamorphosis_1701headon.jpg

Metamorphosis_1701capsenh.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(phase pistol @ Jun 21 2006, 05:05 PM) [snapback]1265458[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Vaderman @ Jun 21 2006, 01:20 PM) [snapback]1265202[/snapback]
what's with the little "pencil lines" on the front ends of the nacelles
[/b]

The "pencil lines" are actually a spinning internal structure which is usually called "fan blades".

However unlike on the MR prototype the fan blades should not meet in the middle... (for this reason we think the "blades" might be lines drawn on a clear inner dome)...
[/b][/quote]

Right, I understand what the nacelle tip is supposed to look like, just that those lines look like they are on the outside of the domes.
And, as you say, they are connected.

After hearing about the casting and laser engraving process for the windows, I would expect that this, too, is an artifact that will look different when it is in actual production.

By the way, nice frame grabs.

This looks like it's going to be a very sweet display.

Anyone have more info on release date or price? (Maybe it was posted already and I just missed it - if so, my apologies.)

<div class='quotetop'>(phase pistol @ Jun 17 2006, 01:20 AM) [snapback]1263035[/snapback]</div>
Aw man. Here's the latest photo from the plant in China. :cry

mr_props.jpg

:angel
[/b]

:p :lol :lol

I threw down the credit card and pre-ordered it direct from MR. Its too cool not to ;) Now if we can get a price range on the falcon... :love

Jedi Dade

<div class='quotetop'>(Dymerski @ Jun 29 2006, 01:48 PM) [snapback]1270962[/snapback]</div>
I was going to get the new FN FS2000 rifle...canceled it for the Enterprise....call me crazy. I just love her toooo much.
[/b]
LOL...the 45mm or the 28mm? :confused

I think you picked a good choice to get the ENT instead. Besides,.. the waiting list for that rifle must be HUGE. ;)

The 1701 is kind of a legendary dream made physical and more readily available anyway. Let's just hope it turns out well. :p

pre-ordered one myself from giftlandhobby a nice xmass surprise in the wait well im hoping its a good surprise lol never know with MR :eek
Cheers..

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back