Jurassic Park Jeep

Does anyone have any information for the Texas JP replica owner? We are having a parade in town and Jurassic park is our theme. It would be great if he could be in the parade.

Does anyone have any information for the Texas JP replica owner? We are having a parade in town and Jurassic park is our theme. It would be great if he could be in the parade.
Which one? There are a few in TX. We've got about 8 in Oklahoma.

has someone made the explorer yet?

Haven't seen a single accurate one.

Hey now I'm getting there! Working on the roof (obviously) and the interior now. Already fabricated a custom dashboard and roof box and I'm currently approaching vendors for the acrylic roof dome:

AH4AjcZ.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. I saw it last night, and I was surprised at how good the 3D conversion actually was. Nothing felt flat or cut-out like some 3D conversions tend to feel.

It seemed like an entirely different film in 3D. I caught myself noticing details that I'd never noticed before, and I occasionally got that seeing-it-for-the-first-time feeling even though I've seen the movie countless times. I really enjoyed it.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but while we're on the topic of the 3D release, I did notice something peculiar in the scene where the T-Rex attacks the Explorers outside the T-Rex paddock, and the Rex knocks the first Explorer over on it's roof. There is a mistake in that scene where a potted plant and stage light can be seen briefly in the background when the Explorer tips over. I knew about the mistake so I was looking for it in the 3D release, but when that scene came up, it looks like they digitally removed the plant and stage light.

I'm not 100% certain that the scene was changed, so I'll definitely have to go see it again to be sure.

They did fix this goof. They also fixed the background behind Grant and the kids when they're sleeping in the tree. Now it's lush and rich instead of looking like leaf netting lol. Check out the paddock fix (easy to see the color timing change here too):

HyYCBAGl.jpg

VyJ2ty5l.jpg

Hey now I'm getting there! Working on the roof (obviously) and the interior now. Already fabricated a custom dashboard and roof box and I'm currently approaching vendors for the acrylic roof dome

Sure are, and it's looking mighty fine :D :thumbsup

"If you want something done, do it yourself" hehe

I have decided to begin the journey of turning my jeep into a JP jeep. The crazy part is that it is a 2012 JK Jeep, a little newer than the ones in the movie or yours. I'm basically going to make it a modern version, while retaining as much authenticity to the movie one as possible. So, I was wondering what exact color you used for the red. Thanks, man. I'll be in touch...

It can. I know a lot of guys add plastic adhesion promoter to help. I did not and for 3 years I had no issues. Then my door got hit by some high winds when I was getting out of my jeep, broke the strap and smashed into my flares. The impact caused the rubber flare to bend and a minor amount of flaking.

Honestly, rubber flexes and paint does not. Stop the flex and the paint flaking won't be a problem. I have considered making fiberglass flares to resolve this.

It can. I know a lot of guys add plastic adhesion promoter to help. I did not and for 3 years I had no issues. Then my door got hit by some high winds when I was getting out of my jeep, broke the strap and smashed into my flares. The impact caused the rubber flare to bend and a minor amount of flaking.

Honestly, rubber flexes and paint does not. Stop the flex and the paint flaking won't be a problem. I have considered making fiberglass flares to resolve this.

God, the bane of my existence! I have to repaint my flares, they've been touched up so much. If you make fiberglass ones CONTACT ME. I'll buy a set.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back