Lost finale watching party - Ideas?

wackychimp

Sr Member
My wife and I decided to have a few friends over who are also Lost die-hards for a finale party. I'm looking for any and all ideas on how to really set the scene for this party.

I've combed the Lost paper props thread and there's all kinds of great paper props in there. We'll have Dharma beer and snacks, even Dharma toilet paper in the guest bathroom, etc. I was going to print off Hurley's lotto ticket, the photo of Desmond and Penny, and probably make LVSkywalker's film can.

I'm going to try to build a countdown clock from the "hatch" (non-working... probably just the heiroglyphs) out of some left-over sintra I have.

I thought about having some (empty) suitcases by the front door with Oceanic tags on them (also in the paper props thread) - just to set the mood before they come in.

What else can I add? What are you doing?

Invitations could be plane tickets. the seat sections and info like that could be the party date and info. Then have a stewardess checking in guests at the door.

Each person coming should pick a cast member to dress as.

And, a Drive Shaft cover band could play the party. They can keep playing the same song: "You all Everybody", over and over, since we don't know any other songs by them, LOL.. just kidding on this one.

Do party favors.... could be small boxes with the Dahrma logo on it. Or, if you are swift with Photoshop, take the Dahrma Photo, and put a photo of each guest in their own picture, the print them out. Then pass them out at the party.

I dug around a little for Virgin Mary statues and didn't see anything. Seems simple enough to make for a sculptor.

I'm realizing that all of the decent props are from the first three seasons. Nothing great after they left the island. Don't think I could pull off the mystical dagger that you can kill Jacob and MIB with. ;)

Tape the party, then invite everyone back over a few weeks later to watch the pop-up version of your own party.

Dharma beer
guest come as decesed cast members (prize for the best Arzt)
a (black) smoke machine
Host dress as pilot and stewardess and serve drinks from little bottles.

If you could make a working countdown clock, you can have it set to hit zero at the time when the finale starts. If you have a computer nearby, you can probably set one up to do the same.

You can have that beep sound going every 108 minutes along with the black column sound playing every now and then; have some Geronimo Jackson stuff around, have the numbers written around the house (bathroom mirror, walls, stuff like that). Perhaps have your guest list names written on a big piece of cardboard near the door, and cross their names as they arrive.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back