Batman Arkham Asylum Armor Update 4/5/12 Convention Pics Added

weaponx82

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello Everyone,

Here's a project I started on in last November. My design is influenced by the armored suit available to Batman in Arkham Asylum. The chest piece is almost finished and so are the shoulder pieces. If you know the armor, you see I have taken some liberties. I will be putting rivets in different areas to add a little more detail to the suit.

Let me know what you think.

The chest piece sculpted in clay.

4157356028_0f81008a3a_b.jpg

4156594439_047e6815be_b.jpg

Some finish work before making 1st mold.

4249849463_10181681f1_b.jpg

The first cast out of the mold. I made some mistakes when making the mold so the first casting had deformaties.

4312584757_b298f1eee1_b.jpg

4312627933_a46bf7f618_b.jpg

After a lot of bondo and sanding, it's almost ready to make the final mold.
4552495783_a4527ae4a2_b.jpg

Here's the shoulder piece.

4312618371_1541c5d990_b.jpg

4553167028_946b04a142_b.jpg

4553166934_7424ab532a_b.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Batman Arkham Asylum Armor

Wow excellent work...

I'll tell ya what - a little secret I've used, is after the clay is about where you want it, hit a soft paper towel with some WD40 and you can buff out the clay - then, I hit it with 2 coats of Sandable Auto Primer in aerosol form, let it dry, then fill in and smooth out with DAP drywall compund, and then go over it with another 2 coats of primer and sand... saves a LOT of money and time for me.

Very, very nice. I've been a huge batman fan and I love seeing how people reinterpret the character. I love the AA designs and am glad to see someone doing the armored suit. It's looking great. Can't wait to see some more of your progress

Thanks for all the compliments, guys. They really mean a lot to me.

Wow excellent work...

I'll tell ya what - a little secret I've used, is after the clay is about where you want it, hit a soft paper towel with some WD40 and you can buff out the clay - then, I hit it with 2 coats of Sandable Auto Primer in aerosol form, let it dry, then fill in and smooth out with DAP drywall compund, and then go over it with another 2 coats of primer and sand... saves a LOT of money and time for me.

Thanks for the tip. I used Chavant LeBeau Touche for this. Personally I felt it was too soft and kind of sticky. Next time I'll be using Chavant NSP Med or Hard. Then I'll have to try this out!

THANK YOU for taking on this armor. As soon as I saw the first AA screenshots I loved the costume. The armor (and whole game) was so comic'ish I really wish the movies went in that direction. Looking foward to the finished product!

You should check out a thread in the Buy/Sell for the AA batarang, there's a run going for one.

Awesome work. I love B:AA and to see someone taking that as their lead... excellent stuff. Looking forward to the follow up game and hoping they won't change too much. If it ain't broke...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back