Batman Arkham Asylum Armor Update 4/5/12 Convention Pics Added

Re: Batman Arkham Asylum Armor Updated 7/9/10

nice, some serious sulpting going on here..........pep fans look away.....

if you ever make it to San diego comic con, hit me up, i'd love to take a few shots of you in this armor, and me in my arkham scarecrow outfit.

Re: Batman Arkham Asylum Armor Updated 6/27/10

... Where did you pick up the black mannequin your using as your armature?? It seems like it would be the perfect armature for a project like this! Can't wait to see more!.-Mark

I picked it up off ebay. It took a lot of time to find one I was happy with. Most mannequins have very unnatural proportions and this one is no exception. It's 6'3" with a smaller chest and waist than me but it had the closest dimensions I found to myself. I'm 6'1".

Before I started on the chest piece, I measured my chest and abdomen circumference and added a layer of about 1" thick clay on the mannequin to give it proportions closer to me.

The last week or so we've had some pretty warm days in the Seattle area. We went from temps in the 60's to high 80's and low 90's and, my god, did it make a difference in the clay!

It was much more manageable and easier to get it to do what I wanted. I think I'll be doing the boot cover next and I'll be making that out of NSP med or soft.

Since I've bought and modified some tools to do what I want, it looks like I can use the softer clays that I can work faster with and I will still get the results I want.

Customprop: You were telling me you like to use med NSP. What kind of temperatures are you working with in florida? :)

Here's an update. She's ready for molding.

4856376920_aeb61cffb1_b.jpg

4856377092_3e22e505ed_b.jpg

4856376790_d0e2eab2c6_b.jpg

Re: Batman Arkham Asylum Armor Updated 8/3/10

Wow! That looks amazing. I too have to agree that the Arkham Asylum suits are the coolest suits in all of Batman history.

Chris

I hope you will be offering these or at least put up an interest thread. great job bro.

I was reading another thread that talked about task 11 plastic or flex foam 25 from smooth on being good choices for making armor.

I've never used either, has anyone here used them and could list off some pros and cons?

I haven't sculpted since I was in college, and that was nothing in this realm... Awesome work!
I will definitely be after a set of this armor!

Wait, did you spraypaint your wax sculpt before molding? I mostly use Chavant (I can't recall what you said you use), and waxes for toy models, like face sculpts, so I don't understand why spraying it with what seems a primer for mold-making would do, care to educate me?

Amazing sculpts btw, very nice crisp and precise lines.

Batman AA is one of the best games I've played in a while. The suit in this game was really awesome and one of my favorites. You are doing a fantasic job on making it. The fact the you are able look at the character models close up and in great detail in the character viewer in the game is a really great help for you too. I can't wait to see the rest of your project as it comes along. I will be keeping an eye on this build.

Wait, did you spraypaint your wax sculpt before molding? I mostly use Chavant (I can't recall what you said you use), and waxes for toy models, like face sculpts, so I don't understand why spraying it with what seems a primer for mold-making would do, care to educate me?

Amazing sculpts btw, very nice crisp and precise lines.

This was made with chavant NSP hard. I took custompropsculptorguy's advice and sprayed it with some high build primer. Then filled in the blemishes and uneven spots with DAP drywall compound. I repeated this a few times until I was pleased with the results.

Doing this saves time and money. You can cut down on your sculpting time and you don't have to do the two stage process where you make a copy out of fiberglass or plastic and sand/bondo the imperfections and make another mold of that finished piece.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back