Batman Arkham Asylum Armor Update 4/5/12 Convention Pics Added

Re: Batman Arkham Asylum Armor

Thanks for all the compliments, guys. They really mean a lot to me.

Thanks for the tip. I used Chavant LeBeau Touche for this. Personally I felt it was too soft and kind of sticky. Next time I'll be using Chavant NSP Med or Hard. Then I'll have to try this out!

Yea the NSP is great, and then when it comes to molding, you don't need to worry about the rubber being infected by the sulfur in the clay - its ALL I use now.

Yea the NSP is great, and then when it comes to molding, you don't need to worry about the rubber being infected by the sulfur in the clay - its ALL I use now.

Yeah, I haven't had much experience with other brands but when I started, I saw so many people using it, I figured, I'd start with chavant. I don't see myself moving to any other brand any time soon!

You'd be wasting time and money - I mean in the last few years alone, I've used prb. 15 diff. clays, and the Chavant is what I always go back to. I think they stopped. or are about to stop making it, but the P40 and CM50 and CM70 are also GREAT clays - Y2Klay is great, J525 is awesome too...

You'd be wasting time and money - I mean in the last few years alone, I've used prb. 15 diff. clays, and the Chavant is what I always go back to. I think they stopped. or are about to stop making it, but the P40 and CM50 and CM70 are also GREAT clays - Y2Klay is great, J525 is awesome too...

When do you use those clays and when do you use the NSP line? I figured I'd be able to do most of what I want with their 3 NSP types and not bother to explore the others. Especially since there's a good chance I'll be molding in silicone.

Here's the shoulder piece and chest piece riveted. I'll put a couple more coats of primer on the shoulder and both will be ready to be molded.

I also added some pics of a Batarang I've been working on. It isn't based off the Arkham Asylum design. It's my own.

I'll be doing a brush on mold but I've been making the mistake of making my molds too thin. My first couple layers are very thin, then I use a thixotropic agent to thicken the silicone for the last 2 or 3 layers. I know it should be roughly a quarter inch thick (or more). Do any of you have any tips in making sure a brush on mold is thick enough?

4605220537_5d566ee1f3_b.jpg

4605220003_e3ee4e0f64_b.jpg

4605220239_4d2cc40338_b.jpg

4605221167_04b542127f_b.jpg

4605834150_8b02bdd203_b.jpg

4605219697_e9c25ac156_b.jpg

I always get excited when this is bumped up. Looking amazing so far... In terms of thickness for brush molds, have you tried buying a few or alternating color pigments into the silicone? It helps me a ton for getting a nice even 2nd, 3rd, 4th coats.

Okay, so how do I edit the title of this thread? I see how I can edit the message but haven't found where to edit the title itself.

Amazing!!! :D Have been looking for something like this for ages!! (not for myself obviously - lol)

you think you'll be selling sets one you're done?

x

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back