Ridley Scott Prometheus: NOT the Alien Prequel Details

Prometheus is CONFIRMED a 15 cert in the UK. Bearing in mind thats probably what the original Alien would rate these days I'm pretty happy with that. It will be as Sir RS has intended without any cuts. Also intersting is this;

"In the United Kingdom the film will be officially released on June 1, 2012 and will open in IMAX with midnight screenings beginning May 31, 2012. 18,827 tickets were pre-sold for the London IMAX, the largest IMAX screen in the country, breaking the theater records for the highest grossing week of pre-sales with £293,312 ($474,687), and the highest grossing first day of pre-sales with £137,000 ($221,717), exceeding the performance of other high-profile IMAX releases including The Dark Knight and Avatar."

Guess theres a lot of Alien fans out there!

Last edited:
http://movies.yahoo.com/video/ymovies-6393699/prometheus-featurette-origins-29240474.html

tumblr_m3rca0r8ep1qd4rf5o1_1280.jpg

For those of you who do those incredible screen grabs, anyway to get any of the solid blue SE Suits? particularly the back area and shins? I know were kind of limited as far as material to pull from, but I'm really needing as much ref material as I can on the blue suits.
Here's the best I could do. There may be some of the other suit in there, it's hard to tell them apart. I didn't even notice there were different suits until you mentioned it.
Spacesuits pictures by robn1 - Photobucket

Ridley Scott: The planet where they go is called Zeta II Reticuli.

From ALIEN.

Lambert: I found it. Just short of Zeta II Reticuli. We haven't reached the Outer Rim yet.
Kane: That's hard to believe.
Lambert: What the hell are we doing out here?
Kane: Don't know. What the hell are you talking about?
Ripley: That's not our system.
Lambert: I know that.

Sounds like the derelict from ALIEN didn't make it far before it crashed.

Actually "Zeta Reticuli" is a real binary star system in the Reticulum constellation. (presumably "II" is the designation of the second star in the system).

The actual planetoid (it's very small) is called Acheron in the novelization of Alien but called "LV-426" in dialogue in Aliens.

Zeta Reticuli had been known even before Alien as the home system of alien beings, among UFO enthusiasts.

k

Ridley Scott: The planet where they go is called Zeta II Reticuli.

From ALIEN.

Lambert: I found it. Just short of Zeta II Reticuli. We haven't reached the Outer Rim yet.
Kane: That's hard to believe.
Lambert: What the hell are we doing out here?
Kane: Don't know. What the hell are you talking about?
Ripley: That's not our system.
Lambert: I know that.

Sounds like the derelict from ALIEN didn't make it far before it crashed.

Looking at those pics, especially that crazy top one brought one of another film franchises more memorable quotes to mind...

"Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. Then later there's running and screaming".

They said they were just short of Zeta Reticuli. I took that to mean one or two systems away, but that was the nearest recognizable system. The modern version would be something like "about an hour from Houston". Bear in mind we only ever saw one star in the sky over LV-426, if I'm remembering correctly.

I also want to say that the name of the planetoid was never stated at all until the second film (it's Acheron there as well, on the sign outside Hadley's Hope).

Wow those pictures are great! I can finally see the designs that look to be painted on the suits too. .. :lol @ fassbender being a dork and he looks tiny compared to the women next to him. Going to have to get this article, thanks for posting this.

Does anyone know what the text says in the spartan design.

I get some of it and looks to end...asculum (?)(possibly) and the weyland megacorp planet thing is cool. was looking at it with a magnifying glass and oddly enough, it almost looks 3d that way.

*Edit* better resolution of the pic and the spartan logo looks more like P**sidium. Presidium perhaps? There's also something written underneath it to that nothing i've found so far even comes close to revealing with that may say. Any ideas?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back