Salzo T65 V3 Manual

ASK for refund!

You did ask the seller if this was a Salzo kit and he answered yes, (I saw that on the page of the auction)

Obviously its not, so you didnt receive what was advertised.

No way is that Mikes kit. You bought a POS junk recast. If Mike had a worst day casting it would be 100 times better looking than that.

Thanks guys.
I've missed the deadline for filing a claim with eBay as I paid for this back on the 2nd of April. This is actually a 'replacement' kit as the first one went mysteriously 'missing' (and the seller couldn't find the tracking number) so he sent another. Apparently he bought a few of these... I even offered to pay shipping for the replacement kit, but when I finally received it, well, I kinda felt a little ripped off.
Thanks again for confirming what I strongly suspected - that this is a recast and a very bad one at that. I will contact the seller (he is also a member on the boards here), but he doesn't often respond to emails when he isn't trying to get money.
The kit itself will either go in the bin or shelved until I can really work up the enthusiasm to attempt to attempt to fix it up. In the meantime I'll start saving for the real thing & hoping that one shows up someday.
I really appreciate all your responses and Mike, the quality of your work was never under any doubt - just wanted to reassure you of that.
Cheers,

Bruce

Really sorry to hear that...and again sorry you got stuck with one of these.

Contact me if you would like to get a hold of a V3.1 direct from me, I have started a short run, sorry for the shameless self promotion, but I would prefer that if people are looking for one of these they have the option of coming direct to me, rather than taking chances on ebay...PM me here.

thanks
mike

Thanks guys.
I've missed the deadline for filing a claim with eBay as I paid for this back on the 2nd of April. This is actually a 'replacement' kit as the first one went mysteriously 'missing' (and the seller couldn't find the tracking number) so he sent another. Apparently he bought a few of these... I even offered to pay shipping for the replacement kit, but when I finally received it, well, I kinda felt a little ripped off.
Thanks again for confirming what I strongly suspected - that this is a recast and a very bad one at that. I will contact the seller (he is also a member on the boards here), but he doesn't often respond to emails when he isn't trying to get money.
The kit itself will either go in the bin or shelved until I can really work up the enthusiasm to attempt to attempt to fix it up. In the meantime I'll start saving for the real thing & hoping that one shows up someday.
I really appreciate all your responses and Mike, the quality of your work was never under any doubt - just wanted to reassure you of that.
Cheers,

Bruce

Thanks Mike, the $$$ are a little stretched at the moment but as soon as things improve you will be the first to know.
In the meantime - does anyone want to buy an really crappy recast x-wing?
Cheap?
Anyone...?
... *tumbleweed & crickets chirping*

Sorry about your getting such a crappy kit.

This is what I did last year. I wanted a V3 but Mike's last run had ended. I found a V2 on another board for sale for a good price, but I was concerned if it was a real Slazo or not. I emailed Mike here and sent him pics of the kit before I bought it. He confirmed for me that it did indeed appear to be one of his kits. I bought the kit and was very pleased with it. See my avatar. I would like to thank Mike again for doing that. I would suggest that for anyone else.

I'm sorry too.
I thought about checking with Mike prior to buying the kit, but as I was told that it was a Salzo, I guess I had no reason to doubt it - especially considering that it was being sold by a reputable member on these boards.
Incidentally, the kit was shipped out of Katy, Texas. The seller (Houdiniguy) is in Tacoma, Washington.

A bit of research on the internet and, well, judge for yourself...
http://www.manta.com/c/mt1lt38/creative-model-kits
Check out who the contact name is...

I'm sorry too.
I thought about checking with Mike prior to buying the kit, but as I was told that it was a Salzo, I guess I had no reason to doubt it - especially considering that it was being sold by a reputable member on these boards.
Incidentally, the kit was shipped out of Katy, Texas. The seller (Houdiniguy) is in Tacoma, Washington.

It is "HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED". He is bad news. I had to get the FBI involved to get what was owed me. Trust me thats his address , he is a banned member from just about everywhere. I suspect he also did the molds for Houdiniguy's T2 plasma rifle. and look what happened there. (just my opinion).

Is that the same Houdiniguy who's a member on this site?

I'm sorry too.

Unless there are two people called Tom Gallo using the name 'Houdiniguy' on this board, then yes, it's him.

IMG.jpg

Ok then. Do an RPF search for some of the names brought up in the posts on this page above. Recently there was an acquittal in a recasting accusation. Now there is access to the recaster's work on ebay again with the same people being involved. I hope the matter can be resolved once and for all this time so people stop getting ripped off.

Hi guys,

Firstly, I want to sincerely apologise to the creator of this thread for the complete and total derailment of what is a helpful and informative guide.
It was not my intention to divert attention away from all the hard effort put into producing such awesome work and I thank you again dtssyst.
Secondly, I am not too sure what (if anything) to do about this issue.
I have let Tom know that the item has arrived and that I am very disappointed, but I am still undecided about either creating a new thread or informing the RPF admin.
I appreciate the thoughts and input of other members on this.
Cheers & again, my apologies.

Bruce

Hey I got a x-wing from Michael Tait at 24123 Green Leaf Spring Ln Katy, TX
though E-bay in Feb 2010. I just e-mailed him and he said he bought the x-wing from starship modeler some 3 years. I know its a recast now from seeing the pictures that were posted here in this fourm. I dont what to take away this thread or maybe start a new one and stop this recaster:angry

Yeah sorry man. I have used the manual and found it a great help with my v3. To answer the other questions posed here. Best post a new thread. Dont be surprised if the mods move it as there is already a heap of threads on this individual , but it is good to warn people that he is currently selling his recasts as original Salzo w-wings. Nothing surprises me with him. FYI Mike Tait calls himself Starship Modeler.

simon.

FYI Mike Tait calls himself Starship Modeler.

simon.

Just one of many names he uses! I think I counted 8 different names along with a like number of websites, and god only knows how many ebay names he has/ had.
If plotted like a familey tree his would be a redwood!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back