Hi there, Vincent here! Currently working on a large K2SO build that I'm 3D-printing. I kind of messed up the scale with the 1st part, so it's a bit bigger than intended, but not life-sized (unfortunately). Heard a lot of good stuff about the RPF through the usual channels. Even got a Sandtrooper costume tucked away somewhere that needs building & I keep pushing it forward. Anyways, nice to meet your acquaintance!

Howdy prop people!
I'm new at this. But I heard this is the place to go, and YOU ALL are the people to talk to. I'm looking for a replica costume. Imperial Stormtrooper???
I don't trust e-bay. I'm willing to pay for the real deal. Any suggestions?? Thanks

Hello all and nice to meet ya!

I've been to the RPF off and on for the past couple years but I'm getting more serious now I'm trying to get better at making props and armor out of Foam, silicone I also am learning how to sculpt with clay and sew to a degree I am currently a blacksmith apprentice working at a local blacksmith shop and I hope to one day have my own business for all kinds of metal work, costuming and prop making! any help or advice or tips from others is always welcome and appreciated.

Glad to be apart of the group.

Hi I'm Jamie

Brand Newbie. Have some very fundamental questions and I am also going to use the extensive library of existing Q&As to learn. Just wanting to start with small scale models (starting very simple - as you'll see from my first proper post). I want to get to a place where I can make my own cosplay outfit with accessories.

So want to learn about materials, be that foam, wood, clay etc - all the way to casting various things. Also painting/finishing, even fabrics. I want to get to a place where I can make some kickass things for myself. From replica props to all out spacesuits/armour and weapons (eventually). Also want to make some great toys for the kids along the way.

I've always been handy but haven't been in a shop since school. I remember doing quite well with foam design prototyping and vacuum forming as well as the traditional wood and metal working. Since then I've more just messed around in my parents garage doing silly projects. Anything from a custom DJ table for my various types of equipment... all the way to making my own diy solar water heater for the paddling pool. I also did all the practical stuff round the house. But again, just used hand tools since school. I've been told I can make a start without a workshop so at this point I just want to learn techniques through practical experience. But this will still be a whole new level, whole new skillset.

My interests; I thought I was a "film buff" (sorry if you cringe at the term) until I saw some of you guys on youtube. But I am really passionate. Especially about Ridley Scotts Alien/Blade Runner Universe. Also the obvious big ones. I have been watching various build videos for the past 6 months and thought it was time to just go down the local art shop or online and get started.

Anyway I've heard such good things from makers on youtube about this place. Sorry for the long intro.

Jamie

Hello all! Finally got my butt on this forum. Been crafting anime and scifi costumes for about 10 years now. My husband and I are cosplayers from Calgary, Alberta Canada, we like to make cool stuff, go to cons, show it off and have fun. Thanks for having me, I hope to learn lots from all your posts, and hopefully show you guys what I'm making too!

Notable builds:
Mystique & Magneto - Xmen FirstClass group cosplay w/ Temperance
Ifrit - FinalFantasyX
A bunch more random stuff: Captain America, FinalFantasyXV, Cinderella, Emma Frost, KungFury, Rogue , Sabertooth, yadda yadda yadda. Lots of pics on our IG and FB.
Currently working on a MassEffect build too.

Thanks again,
Lindsey / SilverLining

Hi,

My name is Frank and I've been looking at this site to over a year. My main interest is Star Wars related items, models in particular so I've been looking at lots and lots of model builds. I'm also a member of the 501st Legion and this last spring finished my Stormtrooper costume. I'm considering a new costume build and will be working on my painting/weathering skills to make my resin blasters look more realistic.

At this moment I'm in the early stages of an EVA foam build. I'm making a Stormtrooper for my sons' Halloween costume. I think I've got the foam assembly under control but could really use advice on proper sealing/painting techniques.

Who knows what I'll work on next but I'm having a blast making stuff again.

Hey all,

I'm a Software Engineer out of California. Always been interested in building things. Starting making props about a year ago after I got a 3D Printer and made an Arc Reactor a little before that. Recently been getting into making helmets. Working on Red Hood at the moment. I eventually would like to make high quality replica items. Can't wait to contribute to the community.

Hey everyone!

I'm Charles (you all can call me Chuck), and i'm a pattern maker of morphsuits/zentai suits. Cosplaying has been a hobby of mine for a while, and I just recently started making patterns (2016). I have a store on Sellfy called SpiderSuite Designs (https://sellfy.com/spidersuite), and hopefully some of you may be interested! Eventually I would like to really learn the craft of making patterns as well as brandongilberto (Arachnid Studios) does. My most current project is going to be a classic Wolverine suit which should be ready for Halloween. Glad to finally make it to the RPF!

hi, im James-Konrad I live in England. I am generally a designer have a Ba in Industrial Design and Fashion Design love this site, hate the fact that 'just one more look,' keeps me up for another few hours!

so cheers!

Greetings Everyone,

My name is Angelo, and I'm glad to be a part of this forum. I'm a huge Star Wars fan and have a few collectibles. I'll try to add some pics of my collection, apologies if they aren't added correctly.

The first is my Master Replicas Jango Fett blasters, I acquired these blasters without the display case so I purchased an acrylic case from Amazon and two pistol holders to try and make a presentable display worthy of these blasters:
jango-pers.jpg

The second is Master Replicas Count Dooku lightsaber:
dooku-pers1.jpg

Next is Master Replicas Yoda ROTS lightsaber:
yoda-pers.jpg

The last is Master Replicas limited edition Sidious and fx Mace Windu:
sidious-and-windu-pers.jpg

See you guys around!

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I'm Smokie and I'm a collector from Canada, just now seriously getting back into collecting, I've been an avid vintage video game collector for years now but now I'm becoming more and more addicted to tv and movie memorabilia.

NOOB!! Hello everyone. My name is Andy Love. I am working on my Bucky Rescue Captain America. So far I have the Shield being made for me by Eternal Armory. I bought an M1 helmet and painted it blue with the A. Now I just need the chinstrap.

I am Active Duty Army (AGR) and currently stationed in Salt Lake City, UT. I have been with the 501st Legion for 7 years. Now starting to branch out into other genres. Hoping to get some ideas on how to find or make certain props.

G'day all. My name is Al and I'm in Australia. I'm currently tackling a comic style Judge Dredd costume and so far have done the shoulder pads from EVA foam. I generally do blue and grey comic style Batman cosplay (FB: Caped Crusader of Western Australia) so this project is a bit of a transition in detail and no doubt some $$. I'm pretty much seeking tips and info on bits and pieces to help with the build so hopefully the RPF will be an excellent source and network. Cheers!

Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

Hi guys!! Been around here and a member fora few years, didn't realise I could introduce myself! Anyways; I'm Shayne, From Albany Western Australia. Just purchased a kit for Masked Riders MOS suit. I will be buying a Flex Designs muscle suit, modifying it a little with some chrome fabric, and then putting it all together! After I finish that, I'll be going for a Batfleck suit from Dawn of Justice from Arkham Workshops, unless I find something better!
Anyways; Thanks and look forward to all the cool stuff on this site.

Cheers!!

Hi, my name is Els
I live in Ghent Belgium and I like to make stuff.
I love working with both fabric and trash (so anything really, I enjoy the extra creativity the limits of working with trash brings) Subscribed to the RPF to learn stuff.
Never done a 'proper cosplay'
Any questions? shoot.

I am new here but I have already posted a lot. How do I get to the Junkyard forum I've had trouble getting there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back