Hello! I am totally new to everything have been dabbling in costumes for a while and I am now really getting into it!
i found out about this while on Pinterest. I am so excited to be here to learn!

Hi there *waves*, my name is Alyssa and I'm just really getting into prop making. I've been doing it for about a year now but I'd really like to learn more skills to be able to create props that look more realistic and screen accurate. My prop collection is small, but so far, I'm most proud of a holster prop I've created, which was my first time working with leather.

jhkkjhjk.jpg
I'm excited to be here!

Hello everybody! Been a long time lurker here on this forum, and amazed at all the awesome builds out there! Lots of inspiration! I've been building costumes and props for about 5 years now. My first build was a Casey Jones mask that was started in pepakura. After the build was finished and seeing the skill I had from watching videos and lurking this forum I decided to stick with it. I love building and crafting, it's become a passion of mine. Since the Casey jones mask I've gone on to create many more things. I started to dabble in foam and learned how to craft armor from Eva foam. I made some "Robin" chest armor for my step son. The following year he was Deadshot and I made a helmet for him with lights built in to the eye scope. And right now I'm currently building "Robin 2.0" armor for him, red hood helmet and armor for myself, and Captain America armor for my youngest son.
I'll be posting my builds to the DC and marvel threads once I gather all the pics. It will be great to get to know people that share a common interest. I look forward to meeting new people and learning new things. Keep up the good work everyone and have a blessed day!

Hallo everyone I just wanted to let everyone know who i am,my name is Neil storey I'm new here so please bare with me.I'm 47 years jung;) and I come from Great Britain but I've been living in Germany for the last 21 years,I've been building props mainly armour for the last 15 years or so and I'm Verry pleased to be here to meet more Verry talented people and to learn more.

My mane hobby has allot to do with science fiction in proticaly the Alien Aliens
Filme especially the Colonial Marines from the second film from James Cameron and there equipment.

I have built a phew full sets of the M3 armour which the colonial marines use in the film,obviously not the original,just copy's of them but made from the same materials mainly 1mm Aluminium plate.

When I have figured out how to post photos here I'll be getting some up so you can all see what I'm talking about allthough I would imagine the most of you already know what a colonial marines Armour looks like.

Have a great day everyone and keep up the amazing work that I have seen here.

Last edited:
Hi! I've been visiting the RPF for about two years and finally decided to join! I guess I have been sewing for many years but only got into costumes in 2002 after The Lord of the Rings came out. I do cosplay, costuming and re-enactment.

I have found many threads to be helpful, including the one that helped me locate Rey's screen-accurate boots from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Many, many thanks!

Aloha,

My name is Sven and I'm from Germany. I'm building props for a few years now, mainly supporting the cosplays my sister does. As I was thinking about doing my one for Buchmesse Leipzig in march next year I stumbled about MWiggs incrdible Raynor Cosplay on YouTube and decided: Boy, you've got to do this yourself. That's how I found the RPF all the other amazing stuff the boys and girls are doing here.

As I'm studying electrical engineering and computer science her in beautifull Dresden, I know a lot about electronics and I hope I can help some people with their problems.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to learn a lot of stuff from all the talented people here and hopefully I will soon be one of them.

Greetings

The Troll

Hi, I'm Steve and I'm an alcoholic.......Sorry wrong introduction, force of habit :)

My wife, Christa and I have always been fans of anything Sci-Fi, in particular Star Wars original trilogy. We run our own replica prop business.
We spend countless hours sculpting new things and mostly spend our days, slightly delirious from the lack of sleep and caffeinated up to the eyeballs.

So far we have made full size Han in Carbonite, Stormy, Tie, AT-AT driver, Biker Scout, X-Wing, Snowtrooper, Phase two Clones, including Gree, Rex and Cody helmets.
We have also been working on our ongoing fullsize Mk 9 Spitfire Fuselage.

We're currently working on a new version of our Stormtrooper armour.

Its good to finally be on here, we look forward to future posts.

Hi, my name is Farrell,

I'm a 16 year old Prop-Maker from Toronto. I make helmets, weapons, and other props from films. I enjoy making them all out of cardboard and paper. I do enjoy molding, casting, and machining, but cardboard is so easy to get, I like doing builds that others can follow and do easily as well. Here are some of the things I've made. I am currently working on a martian spacesuit......hence the wrist computer! I am super exited to be part of this community!!!!!

Farrell's props.jpg20604692_1728023617225914_4668537481987317304_n.jpg8.png

-Farrell's Props

I wanted to say one thing in an old topic, but this forum is neat overall. I hope I can contribute more sometime. You don't need to know anything more than that.

My username is not a typo, it was just a bad pun, hence my stupid avatar.

Greetings all... I'm a flight sim modded but since 2013 I've been working on a long term project to make a Kerbal Space Program version of an FDAI... or 8-Ball in the Apollo Command Module and LEM.

Hello all.
My name's Matt and I'm here because of Adam Savage mentioning this place on his Tested videos. I've loved prop making since childhood and Adam is doing everything I wished I could. So I've come to learn! My main interests are Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and modern and ancient military films like Gladiator and Saving Private Ryan. Specifically, I came to find materials to help in building a Lord of the Rings shield, a Gondorian Shield from the 2nd age. I enjoy admiring others' works and learning from expertise.

Glad I found this place

Hi All.

I'm just a maker with my pal Pete. We are engineers and entreprenuers by trade, but we do prototypes and proof of concepts. We recently had a friend ask us to make "web shooters", and we went alittle overboard using arduino/mp3 modules, a fuel injector to shoot mist, and moldings made by a 3D print. facebook.com/makekickstart

Looking forward to getting some other cool ideas and projects made for costumes...its a lot of fun!

JOHNNY

Hello everyone!
I, like so many others, am a lover of props. It's my one and only true collecting passion.
So far I've only been able to afford kits...(and barely those. Lol) and still have quite a few items missing from my collection.
I'm not at all very good as far as scratch building ANYTHING, but who knows?
I hope to meet and make as many friends as possible here.

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

Hi I'm Andrew (Hi Andrew) and I'm fairly new to doing costumes (I've made lots of other stuff, but this is a new medium for me). My bucket list has a wearing a Tokusatsu costume on it and being a child of the 80s and 90s that means Godzilla and Power Rangers (or Super Sentai I love them both). My major plan is a first season Megazord costume likely out of EVA foam. I've been plotting out a blueprint for the sword (I figure that will be the simplest part) that currently has it about 65" long (based on the scale from the original US toy and my height of 6'4 and the plan to add about 6 inches in padding and such. Found some great resources here and I'm hoping to find a lot more.

Currently trying to also find the Pepakura files for the Power Ranger helmets which seem to have mostly been on another site that no longer exists so if anyone knows where to find those I'd be really happy :-D.

I'm also looking to just make some EVA helmets for my son that likes to dress up. I have the pattern for Dr. Fate printed off and ready to cut out!

Hi, I'm Nick. I'm not a prop maker. I cosplay once in a while, but it's all pretty shoddy/quick stuff. I tend to use cardboard and make silly/inane stuff more than real costumes.

I've lurked for a long time and am impressed by everyone's creations.

I just finished building a Spock Helmet a couple weeks ago, and came to see about posting the build of that.

Greetings,

My name is Darrell and I have just started in the Prop building for Cosplay with my two daughters that are 9 AND 12. We have fallen into the Steampunk style for our first costuming and props. Almost everything we have completed are for use in Cosplay. It is an avenue for me to get them to look up from their tablets and computers and interact. My 9 year old is willing to build.

9 year old daughter achievements:
A Harley Quinn (puppeteer) mechanical actuating hand out of PVC.
2 Squirt guns repainted (Flamethrower pistol and a gas gun; both derringer 1 shot size)
Gauntlets and chin guards for a Haley Quinn Ninja with a foam helmet (I built she painted and made mask)
Working on a 3 ft tall Anna dol from Frozen to be repainted and costumed to be Poison Ivy.
Harley Quinn costume with a Nerf gin painted like Harley Quinn colors and a big Hammer .

My projects.
Top hat made of playing cards only.
Half a dozen Nerf guns in steampunk Genre paint schemes.
Gladiator helmet with small dragon and spikes with Bat wing sides to cover face.
Staff with small demonic hand holding glowing apparatus.
Steampunk batman style gauntlests and chin guards (My first time with EVA foam.)
A utility style belt with test tubes and vials with pistols to portray a demon hunter.
CUrrently making:

A prop Sith lightsaber out of cardboard tubes and recycles parts.
One DL-44 style (Empire Strikes Back as base) For a sith costume)

I like to work with foam mostly for my projects and a couple of my daughter's played with dolls .
1 Harley Quinn Gladiator armor
1 Poison Ivy

This is all I can really say I have tried with limited success in my first year of playing with props.
It is my passionate hobby.

with respects

Darrell
aka Darrellmac.

Hello everyone, I'm Thomas. I have zero experience in anything mildly related to prop making. I am an amateurs amateur, but I hope to learn from all you pros out there. You probably won't hear from me very often unless It's me slobbering over my keyboard at the stuff you geniuses produce.

Hello Community

My name is Sascha and i'm located in Switzerland. I've started doing props maybe one year ago but i'm still working on finishing my projects - it's just a hobby and nothing time critical. I've published my projects also at my website (www.getrc.ch). We will see us here in next time a lot :)

Sascha

Thomas my friend,
We have all been at that stage; You tube will be your friend. I have found many inspirations for projects and even how to do some specific projects on that medium. I like Evil Ted and Punished Props personally for some good ideas. I got a reply email from a builder who once said the perfect prop is never built and the best prop is the one that is completed and displayed for others. I am working with my 9 year old so not the most professional looking stuff but we have fun with it all.

My projects are raw at best, yet at cosplay arenas my daughters and I do get some attention and of course the comrade of other Cosplayers.

Welcome to the fun of prop making, it is really a fun hobby.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back