Montagar

Legendary Member
Community Staff
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Welcome to the RPF! We're happy that you could join us, especially since some of you have been waiting for quite some time.

Please take the time to introduce yourself to the community. Tell us about yourself, your prop interests, maybe even show us some pics of your collection.

Also, here are some useful links to better familiarize yourself with the site. If you have questions, please ask!

Classifies Guidelines

Community Guidelines

Terms and Rules

Frequently Asked Questions

Questions and Suggestions

Other links that can ease your way into the RPF can be found here FAQs.

Again, welcome! :)(y)

The RPF Staff

Re: The Official New User Introduction Thread

Howdy!

I figure I should dust off this thread since registration is open again.

I found out about this site through browsing for Jurassic Park stuff on yourprops.com back in the beginning of February which I think was just after therpf registration closed heh. So for about 2 1/2 months I was looking up all sorts of props and the next thing I knew I had blown about 10 grand on various collectibles in less than 3 months. My savings account is really hurting right now lol

I don't know anything about building props but I sure as hell like to buy them! My first prop was Narsil, back when the FotR came out. Then around 9 years later I now have a Sauron gauntlet... and that led me to a Samaritan, and that led me to an E11, then an endoskull, then a Fallout 3 quantum drink, a district 9 aluminum humans-only sign, some T-Virus/anti-virus vials, an EVE hypo and now a district 9 arc reactor.

So I guess you could say I've been doing some reckless spending and I need to calm down. I'll just keep telling myself I can stop anytime I want to...anytime....no problem....right....gotta keep telling myself that...

There are some very talented people on this forum and I'm just really glad to now be able to watch all of your amazing projects from start to finish.

re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hello all.

I found out about this forum by searching for various Sonic screwdriver props on the 'net - found the contest - and had to register and enter the contest. Thankfully the first day of registration coincided with the closing date of the contest so I made it by the skin of my teeth! I really enjoyed designing and building it too. Takes me back to my youth.

When I was a teenager I wanted to make props and models for a living, and I was always making sci fi props with flashing blinking lights to play with, but I ended up doing sound effects for TV post. But I've had and am having fun and success with that. I've done a few Sci Fi shows and they are the best to work on, nothing like creating something new from scratch.

Great forum with nice, helpful and friendly posts. I look forward to my future on these boards.

Hey Everyone,
I'm Chris, originally from England, now living out in sunny California with my wife and little girl. There's not really much to say, I signed up because this seems like a community full of fantastic people and completely awesome talent.

I've never made props but I've always been interested in them (especially after lurking around here for a few months) and hope to start little projects over the next few months. Made a few paper props in photoshop in the past but that was on my old computer back home in the UK. The holy grail prop for me would be the 10th Doctors Sonic Screwdriver. It's just so gorgeous. Love that show so much.

I recently started making an Iron Man mark III suit using pepakura files so once I get more done I'll open a thread or something and post pictures. So far I've only got the helmet, bicep and shoulder pepped, I'll be working on the chest piece today too.

Any who, I hope to stick around here for a good while and get to know everyone :D

I found out about this site just after therpf registration closed heh. So for about 2 1/2 months.

So did I, I think it was literally the day after the registrations closed :lol

I found out about this forum by searching for various Sonic screwdriver props on the net.

Once again so did I haha. Then not long after finding the screwdriver threads the custom sonic contest was started.

Hello Everyone,

I must say Im very happy to finally be a member of this great board. I found it about a month or two ago when I was looking for Haunted Mansion Jurassic Park and Hook props and somehow i stumbled on here and ended up spending hours just bouncing from post to post reading all of the interesting techniques people have come up with to recreate iconic movie/tv props. Over the years Ive collected tons of misc movie items and various other collectibles but my main obsession is "Disneys Haunted Mansion" (the ride not the movie). I have tons of various collectibles ranging from the common (shirts and postcards) to the rare (an actual butler costume from the ride). I've always been interested in making props but i always felt whatever I would create would never reach the standards but i think this board may help inspire me to approach prop building with alittle more confidence.

Theres so much talent on this board and I hope to get to know everyone here.

I am Brutus... otherwise known as Das Brutus. Don't let the "Das" fool you... I'm Scottish, not German.

I've been propping now for about a year. Having started on the 405th building my Spartan suit from paper to mold to casting it up out of Flex Foam-it and plastic.

Costumes:

Halo:
Recon / ODST / Reach Spartan
ODST

Star Wars:
Biker Scout (as of yet unfinished)
Manalorian Shadow Trooper
Royal Commando (as of yet unfinished)

Future Builds:
Predator
Gears of War
WarHammer 40k Space Marine
Cletus, the NFL Robot

Being a larger built person, I try to choose costumes that will not look to "chub-chub" when worn, so my options are limited since I seem to always look like a football player in armor.

Well, thats me... 'nuff said
soaringhammerrecon.jpg

Welcome to the RPF! We're happy that you could join us, especially since some of you have been waiting for quite some time.

Please take the time to introduce yourself to the community. Tell us about yourself, your prop interests, maybe even show us some pics of your collection.

Also, here are some useful links to better familiarize yourself with the site. If you have questions, please ask!

Membership Guidelines (MGL)

Terms of Service

Frequently Asked Questions

Questions and Suggestions

Other links that can ease your way into the RPF can be found here FAQs.

Again, welcome! :):thumbsup

The RPF Staff
Hello I just joined as of yesterday. I found the forum by looking up props on the net and was accidentally linked here; I saw how many people were actually involved with the RPF and wanted to become associated with others that have the same interests and hobby as I do.

Howdy folks :) The names craig .
I'm Only just getting into costuming and love all the great work others do, since i'm not so hot at it myself. I have an old school cylon and an Arc trooper. I joined up because i really like the ironman tuff being done out there. Now i just hope i fit the stuff that is available :D

cheers all
Craig

Hey all,
been a memeber for a lil while but dont get to post that often.
I am interested in Indiana Jones and Pirates of the Caribbean props. mainly the compass! Looking forward to many years here and great work to everyone out there. You all are amazing artists!

Hi guys,

I've been a lurker for the past years.

We will be posting many of our work on here, and of course we are interested in your projects.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi I'm Donald I'm from Atlanta Ga. I do micro cad and metal casting

Welcome to the RPF.

You will not find a more retched hive of scum and villainy.
Be cautious.

Jeff

:angel

Hi everyone, my name is George im from Monterrey, México, I am a big fan of prop making, ever since i was a child, i started with shoe boxes for proton pacs from ghostbusters, and up till now im in the middle of finishing my proton pac, and I made
a Freddy Kruger glove in elementary, and i did my complete and finished Captn Jack
Sparrow costume, and now im doing a mad hatter costume which i posted my pics
in the alice in wonderland thread, and well what ever you need im new to this forum
and we can help everyone out there that´s on a prop project by a team so let´s all get to work people, nice propings everyone.

I've been an irregular lurker here for years, and have always been so shocked and amazed at all the talent this forum has! I'm not sure how quickly I'll get into making replicas of my own, but I'm just really happy to finally be part of the community.

Hey everyone!

This is the first forum I have ever joined (for more than just asking for help with something that is). I am incredibly excited to be apart of this particular one. I mean who wouldn't be, being a huge fan of movies and art and all. Not to mention, I have always viewed movies for more that what most of my friends watch them for. I don't just go for the entertainment and enjoyment of a watching a movie (although I love going to the movies). I watch to see what people create out there, the props, the make-up, and the costumes. And their attention to detail! It is incredible!

Being from Hawaii I have always felt sheltered from this stuff (no studio that I know of here, not to mention hobby stores close down left and right). But this site definitely helps me see some of the amazing things out there. There are amazing stuff that people post on this site. And I am excited to be apart of it. I am looking into making some prop replicas of my own, but I don't really know how to go about them. Plus I can't seem to find the time being in school and all.

Anyway it's nice to be apart of this community.

(P.S. Sorry about my grammar... )

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back