hello!! i'm grey, i'm really interested in replica props and costumes, particularly space suits (sci-fi or real) and other space related props. i'm pretty new to building replicas, but i've made a few (pretty dodgy) cosplays in the past. I hope to be able to improve my skills and learn new techniques, as i want to pursue prop and costume design as a potential career.

Hi, my name is Caitlin and I am 15 year old foam fabricator. I've built a few costumes including a Destiny hunter, Skyrim Steel Armor, and a Black Templars Space Marine. Some of my props include a 1940s Captain America shield, Iron Man Mk.47 repulser arm, Destiny hand cannon, Deathstroke helmet, Warhammer 40k chain axe, many Batman gauntlets, and more. I focus on larger than life costumes and try to push the limits of the performer costume relationship as many of my builds sacrifice comfort for accuracy, taking "beauty hurts" to a new level.

Hey everyone. Spyder here. I've been around the cosplay community for quite some time, hanging out with some really cool groups of people in costume. However I've only ever dipped my toes in occasionally mostly because I haven't had either the time or the money to really get more involved. But I'm looking to change that! I have some prop making experience but I'm much more experienced in the special effects/makeup side of things. However I come from a family of carpenters, electricians, painters and other handy people and thus feel right at home in the costume/prop making world. What I can't do to save my life however is sew. I'm terrible at it. So hopefully I can pick up some tips on that along the way too

Whats up everyone. been lurking here for a while finally decided to register. I'm chris from New Orleans. I make tattoos paintings and costume stuff follow me @Christophertattooer

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! I'm Steph, and just found out about this site from my prof. I've been cosplaying for a number of years and will be completing a graduate Special Effects program this August. I've always been a fan of sculpting and painting, but with access to 3D printing and 3D sculpting programs, I've gotten really interested in the 3D process. Personally, I'm hoping to make more elaborate and detailed costumes, and for my professional growth, I hope to get valuable insight from experts in the current industry. My special effects instagram is @stephpringfx .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello my name is Mystic axe! I am really excited to be here! I have been on something similiar but what's just for the Predator franchise. I love to watch horror sci fi films and kaiju films. I am currently working on a few projects that I am thinking about posting here for feedback and any help that you guys can offer. I also do 3d modelling and 3d sculpting on my twitch channel. Though I am unable to as the current place I live in doesn't have very good internet to upload anything or stream. I also am looking into doing contract work for 3d sculpting. To have something to do and for learning. I specialize in dark themed creatures and monsters, I also do dragons. I am still learning on human anatomy but creature anatomy I am very good with so far. I hope to get to know as many people as I can here and help when I can! Thank you for reading

Hello, my friends call me Yoda. I've done a bit of costuming and made a couple of props for musical bands. I found this site by searching for the pros and cons of fiberglass mat vs rondo. Tons of great information on here, I hope to soak up as much as I can and hopefully get to the point where I'm doling some out as well.

10' Frankenalice costume, replica from the Alice Cooper tour:
it_s_alive__by_wolfmanyoda-db7er3k.jpg

Replica of Sam T. Serpent, a stage prop used by Kiss in the 70's:
260_0370_by_wolfmanyoda-dbebjmh.jpg

Sam connected to fog machine:
money_shot_by_wolfmanyoda-dbebjuc.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Total noob here but ready to learn from more experienced artists- I love working with clay and have been recently getting more into creating jewelry replicas (80s movies primarily). Uploaded a few examples of some things I've done recently. Am looking to create some more intricate sculptures/prop replicas!

example 1.jpgexample 2.jpgexample 3.jpgexample 4.jpg

Hi I'm Andy, I'm here because always loved props and thought why not make some. Will be opening a geek bar this year and thinking be great to have a range of replica weapons on the walls. Also had alot of experience with everything from vector artwork, through to chemical etching and currently work for an engineering company which leaves me with access to few different polyurethane and UF foams an such. Hopefully be around these parts for a while.

Edit - Also have my laser etcher and 3d printer sat here so need something to do since buying them haha

Last edited:
Hello all,
I'm semi-new to cosplay. I've successfully built costumes for other people but not for myself. I have one costume and that is a Robin costume from Young Justice (pictured below). . I'm currently looking at making an Arkham Knight cosplay. Then also a Sith Acolyte Eradicator and Nightwing. I will be shipping out for the Army on August 1st. I will be done with Basic training and AIT at least by December. After that I plan on continuing my projects. Looking forward to learning from the community!
IMG_1382.JPGIMG_3039.JPG

Thanks for the welcome. John here from the Philippines, interested in replica costumes and cosplaying. Been doing cosplay since 2014 when I attended my first ever convention, albelt using only some clothes in the house. Hope to be more ready to progress in cosplaying.

Hi, i found this site through a friend. My main interests involve 3D printed props and costume parts for the Halo and Destiny games.

Been following the forums for a while but never participated. I'm currently mostly doing costumes but I'm branching out to foam and 3D prints. I cosplay a number of characters, such as Daisy Johnson, Spider-Gwen and Go Go Tomago. Nice to meet you all!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hi i'm Florian
i'm new in the world of propmaking, i have just finished my static bb-8, and now i want to make more... probably next a mouse droid, WP_20170623_13_35_12_Pro.jpg
it's great to be here

Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I just bought a Sony Walkman TPS-L2 and plan to build a blaster out of some Nerf guns!
Wishing you the very best of luck!

I am also relatively new to the RPF, although I have been a guest browser here reading the threads for quite some time.

I'm very much in the "amateur league" of cosplayers but I'm finding it a lot of fun. I've always been into dressing up stuff for halloween and for parties etc but its only really in the last few years that I've transistioned from what I would call a "halloween costume" into proper cosplay.

My costumes range from the absurd such as 'Bam Bam Construction' (a play on Bam Construction who were doing some major building work) and 'The Binions' (made out of a dustbin), party costumes like generic 'Alien victim' and 'Ash Ketchum' to more complex and accurate stuff like my Battlestar Galactica Green BDU and my work in progress Star-Lord costume complete with Sony Walkman and Abelisk Tracker which I uploaded a video of to this thread.

16427430_10158439816910643_5618675515713426653_n.jpgIMG_9746.JPGFullSizeRender(1).jpg11216710_10153400683796075_1957789592434358070_n.jpg1002856_10153093001245643_413608853_n.jpg13902800_10157583990670643_5962807749263829815_n.jpgIMG_9674.JPG

Last edited:
Hey folks,

I'm Brian and I've just signed up to the forums. I'm mainly interested in Blade Runner props, and here are a couple of my scratch-built examples to get things started.

gaff01.jpgvk01.jpgvk02.jpg

Greetings folks.

I am Alnehin, aka Jérôme, a 23-years old french guy. I discovered this forum 2 years ago, while looking for Galactic Marine stuff. I came back 2months ago, to find a Space Marine thread.

I am interested in building a GM for 501st approval (done with pepakura), as well as a Darth Nihilus, and i have an other costume in mind : A Grey Knight Armour.

Hi all.

I'm a professional VFX artist living in denmark with a passion for physical props.

I'm very inexperienced when it comes to prop building and up untill now my primary tools of trade has been clay modelling, silicone/stone molding and casting in resin/latex.
When this is said I do have a large experience in 3D modelling which comes in handy combined with 3D printing.

My primary use of props are photoshoots where I've been making magical worlds, cosplay and sci-fi.
I've joined you guys to learn more, hopefully build better props and have tons of fun.

Hey guys, I'm Ron. I'm a UX Developer from Buffalo, NY - I'm a collector of nostalgia & recently started making props mainly for my personal collection. Here are some of my projects to date. (Proton Pack + Goonies CC Wallet, Assets & Marble Bag). Here to learn more + talk to you guys!

IMG_4588.jpgIMG_5609.jpgIMG_20170719_181050.jpgIMG_20170719_181152-1.jpgIMG_20170724_182014.jpg

Greetings RPF!

I'm just a new cosplayer/prop maker looking to see some cool things, and make some cool things of my own.

So far, I've made a few RWBY props and I am currently working on Pidge from Voltron Legendary Defender and will soon be starting work on Batman's outfit from Arkham Knight.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/tridentproductions16/videos/705571259634063/[/video]

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back