Greetings Everyone!
My name is Tim and in the process of completing my home theater build, I thought, "wouldn't it be cool to have a prop or two?". Apparently, this is NOT a novel idea, though I thought so at the time. Ah, the naivety of it all. :$
Seriously though, and like many other I suspect, I discovered an interest in acquiring some iconic & screen accurate props. The first 2 props I searched for; A Jurassic Park Cryo Can and a Wonka Everlasting Gobstopper, sent me directly to the RPF. What an incredible resource and community! Thanks for allowing me to join.

Ahoy!

New to costuming personally, but it's the next logical step for someone who grew up with a mother designing costumes for theater. Halloween was always a blast at our house. My background is in fine art and graphic design so this is just another medium to learn and try to master. Looking forward to learning from the group as I dive in head first. Where to begin... Loki, Dr. Doom, Medusa themed roman armor, all of the above.

J

Hey there,

Metalworker/blacksmith looking to get into prop making and model making.

Heard a lot about the 'RPF' so thought I would jump on and check you lot out!

Lets see how my skill set transitions

New here, hello!

I am pretty new to the prop/costume making scene, however I'm already a working graphic designer. I dipped my toes into the art of EVA foam crafting just last year with my first build Issac Clarke from the original Dead Space (suit 3) and I'm now taking on my second build of Chappie. Working on putting together some progress pictures, tutorials, patterns and other useful materials for anyone who wants to follow along to make these costumes yourselves. I'm very excited to start learning from other creative and crafty RPF members and hopefully pick up some Arduino skills from the masters!

Hoping to be welcomed with open arms to the community! Theres some talented people on here, be proud!

18449722_10154386196275458_5213656341134914028_o (1).jpg

Hi everyone new member looking to get started making! Interested in making replica movie props huge fan of syfi, action classic and new.

Hey. I often watch films and get completely drawn in to the world that's created - whether that be make believe or a glamorous version of the real-world. Girls today may get their cues from Instagram... but I've always been drawn in by the movies and wanted to emulate what I see.

I came across this site and was just blown away by some of the creations. Big respect to you guys. I look forward to being part of this community.

Hello All,

My name is Jason Rutherford. I think I learned about this site several years when Adam Savage made a comment about it on one of his Tested Videos. Since then, I have checked it every so often when I needed help on some sort of costume project.

My first, and still on going, battle armor project is a Tau Firewarrior from Warhammer 40K. I built the first revision of this costume a little over three years ago.
View attachment 786492View attachment 786491

Since then, it has served as my test bed for trying out different build techniques. The suit is a mix of EVA foam, Worbla, Resin coating, 3D Printing, and pretty much every other type of foam armor construction. The helmet is quite clunky to wear so I only have it on for photos. Though, it is a lot more fun to walk around at conventions without the helmet. Within the context of the 40K universe, being a human in alien military armor makes me a traitor to all of humanity and fans of 40K will often treat me as such. I once had someone walk up to me, look me in the face, and say "Imperial Traitor", before walking off. It was great.

As a fun note, the color scheme of my Tau Battle Armor is the same color scheme as my actual 40K Tau miniatures.

I can also turn myself into a seven foot tall, modern version of the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come and I have created several original costumes for various small film projects. I finally joined this forum because over the past few years, I have figured out a few different takes on different Cosplay methods, and I'm ready to share these as I work on my next project. Behind me, as I type this, are the first parts of my new Ghost armor from StarCraft and I will start a thread on that build soon.

Finally, I'm also one of those guys who for over a decade now has been producing lots of video content. Most of my older stuff has been about tabletop gaming, hence the Tau Firewarrior armor, but I've been adding more cosplay and film prop content over the past few years. You can find me at youTube and Twitch with the same username as here, RockoRobotics.

Thanks for reading. I'm looking forward to getting involved in the community.

Hi all,
Chris here! Although spending a lot of my life admiring props my interest in props and prop making has really come on over the last year or so. Ive been watching a learning and just starting with my first Pepakura project. I've heard this forum come up more and more and decided to have a look. Looking forward to being a part of what seems like an awesome community!!

Hi everyone!
I'm Miguel, from the Houston, Texas area. I found this site through a YouTube comment. I've been a recreational athlete most of my life; last 5 years I've been doing endurance racing such as half marathons, marathons, half Ironmans, and one full Ironman. I got a little tired of long course so I went back to weight training. I still do running and I have the Houston Half Marathon coming up this Sunday (Jan 14, '18). I haven't trained for it at all so I'll run at a easy/moderate pace. I decided, since I'm just going to run it for "fun" then I should dress up as a superhero! And thus I went to costume shop and rented a Spider-Man suit. It'll be my first time running in a costume but it'll be fun, especially since the run course is lined with kids everywhere!

I think I'm going to do more races as "fun" cosplay runs. I'm brand new to all this and reading, learning. I want to get a Spider-Man suit and looking at all my options. This forum seems to be exactly what I was looking for! Can't wait to participate!

Attachments

• IMG_0757.JPG
    IMG_0757.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0758.JPG
    IMG_0758.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 50
Hey all,

I'm J.P. a movie fan, prop enthusiasts and all around nerd. Especially in the Sci-Fi genre. Favorite film IP is Alien but also love StarWars, Bladerunner and anything else with a spaceship in in. I have had replica props before but all off the shelf mass productions. Hoping to do some one-off builds for my personal collection and heard about the RPF watching Adam Savage on Tested. Thanks for having me guys

Hello, everyone. I’m new to these forums. I just created an account recently, but I’ve been lurking here a bit over the last couple of years.

I’ve used this forum as a resource for putting together costumes for The Dude from The Big Lebowski as well as David Lister from Red Dwarf. I’m currently obsessing over K’s costume from Blade Runner 2049.

I enjoy everyone’s passion here, and I look forward to contributing to the community in whatever small way that I can.

Hey everyone, my name is Andreas. I am just starting to get back into the prop making scene. I use to be apart of the 405th a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. I am sure many of you guys are familiar with those guys. I am looking forward to getting to know y'all very well, I've heard many good things about everyone here. I am a huge fan of the star wars universe, specifically the mandolorian/clone culture so my future builds will be primarily based on those themes. My most recent build was Boba Fett's helmet. I made the helmet for a going away present/plaque for a long time friend and he loved it. I am currently working on a clone commando build, and unfortunately I have come to a road block. I lost most of my pep files when my computer crashed many years ago, so recently I have been trying to re-acquire the republic commando armor files (and others as well). All I am missing is the pelvis area. If any of you guys know where I could get that file that would be amazing! I will post my boba fett helmet as a separate thread to show everyone my progress and finished project. I am by no means a subject matter expert, but I am more than willing to share any knowledge I have and help everyone out as best I can.Thank you everyone for your time!
IMG_2316.JPGIMG_2317.JPGIMG_2318.JPGIMG_2320.JPG

Hello all, my name is Patrick. I am an avid cinema buff and art lover. I think prop builing is a perfect marriage of these crafts! Anyway, i have a goal to learn more about the craft of prop making and producing my own Blade Runner PKD. I am looking for a water pistol or 3D print to start with. Wish I had heard about the water pistol when they were $15! Oh well. I look forward to learning from all of you!

Hi guys!

I've made a couple of props from star wars. I've made a DH-17 rebel blaster, luke's lightsaber and I am working on a model star destroyer and a kylo ren helmet out of EVA foam.

I found all of you looking for schematics and plans for different helmets and props.

Hello All,

My name is Ian. A couple years ago I made a 3d printer at uni and since then was hooked on 3d printing, which led me down a road to making hand props after seeing all the awesome stuff other people like yourselves have made. First prop was the pipe revolver pistol from falout 4, then the 10mm pistol and after that my mate took note and asked me to make a gears of war lancer which I have just about done. Hoping to one day do this full time so after hearing about this forum from an interview with Harrison Krix from Volpin Props, thought I would sign up, hopefully I can learn alot from this awesome group of people and maybe even contribute. Thanks xD
IMG_1845.JPGIMG_1847.JPGIMG_1849.JPGIMG_1852.JPGIMG_1627.JPG

Hello All,

My name is Ian. A couple years ago I made a 3d printer at uni and since then was hooked on 3d printing, which led me down a road to making hand props after seeing all the awesome stuff other people like yourselves have made. First prop was the pipe revolver pistol from falout 4, then the 10mm pistol and after that my mate took note and asked me to make a gears of war lancer which I have just about done. Hoping to one day do this full time so after hearing about this forum from an interview with Harrison Krix from Volpin Props, thought I would sign up, hopefully I can learn alot from this awesome group of people and maybe even contribute. Thanks xD

Welcome dude, your work is very very impressive. Huge fan of gears of war, you're def in the right place my man

Hey everyone!

First of all, it's astounding if not somewhat intimidating looking at some of the high quality stuff some of the new comers introducing themselves here have already built! Wow, amazing work!

I'm here today because I'm making a Harry Potter wand a wand box as a personal beginner's project for fun and for practice! My Google searches for reference material lead me here.

My history:
In high school (about 15 years ago) I had planned out a Boba Fett costume. I did numerous sketches, web searches for reference photos, building tips and tutorials and I even gathered some of the material to make it, but it became one of many unfinished projects. I didn't really think of it as prop making or anything although I do recall checking out theRPF way back then for my research. In the past few years I've been watching Adam Savage on Tested and it's just been a joy to watch him work and to see his passion. I live in an apartment right now so I'm a little restricted as to what I can do and what tools I can use (I have a lot of projects I'd love to work on once my wife and I get a house with space for a workshop) but I'm starting to get my feet wet a little bit now.

I'm hoping to find some type of craft that will inspire me and give me great satisfaction, so I'm experimenting to see what interests me and where I can really shine. I still plan on making my Boba Fett costume someday, but until then I'm starting small. I'm very excited to see more of the projects here, to get to know the RPF community and to soon share my own projects!

Hi I'm Glyn, I've always tinkered with stuff but over the past few years I've really got into making. I've just finished a Dredd helmet and I'm on the finishing touches of my Evil Dead 2 chainsaw hand. I've just got into sculpting and casting, i'm excited about the possibilities
.20180107_185206.jpg20180109_223333.jpg20180112_203853.jpg

Hi everyone!

I'm glad to be a part of this community and I hope to contribute to it in the future. I'm just starting to collect different kinds of Star Wars pieces, especially vintage saber parts and I love the amount of information already on this forum. I'm trying to craft a lot of things by myself while working on these projects and I'll be looking for advice from you guys.

Thanks!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back