Hi there. I found this forum looking for HP ideas for a party. I just make props for personal themed parties and decor for myself, family and friends. We're all nerds. ;)) I appreciate the inspiration from this forum. Thanks again.

Hello to all. I have been a long time purveyor of the RPF but have never posted (this being my first one). If I am honest I was a little overwhelmed with the quality and detail many of the folks here produce. I am a prop builder wannabe and felt out of my league here. However, hoping that with a few completion projects I have on other RPF members work I may get to learn the ropes and become a better customizer and prop builder.
I have many incomplete Star Wars projects even though I have had some great starts from other custom builders, all because I couldn’t find the confidence and thought I would likely mess them up. My Star Wars projects revolve around 1:1 Vader reveal helmets, chest boxes and DL-44 blasters. I also try my hand at 1:6 scale figure customization, (Mara Jade, Atomic Blonde, Caprica six, etc). I hope that with some patience and support the crew here may be able to guide me in completing the partial works I currently have and embolden me to personal projects of my own.

Good morning all,

I am a college student, I am a maker, and I'm going to be moving back home soon, where I will have access to tools again. I'm looking forward to being able to make some cool stuff, and hopefully I can post on here and let you guys see what I'm working on.

-Brandon

hi i am very new to cosplay making my first project i was thinking of making destiny 2 hunter that matches my character in game i am terrible at making foam templates so if any one wants to help me pls send thy help i got a hunters knife template from punisher prop shop videos but i got nothing for the rest of the Armour if any one got the templates or ideas for me to get them or some way to lurn some new ways to make props like my all time fav gun in game origin story and any templates i do get from others i appreciate the help thank you

Howdy!
We're terrible Trio Creations, a group of three siblings who love making cosplays. We'v been crafting for a few years but wanted to get into the RPF since we've heard plenty of positive things about this site form other builders. We range from foam armor to fabric, to leather molding (in the case of the Star Wars below) and metalwork! here's some pictures of our recent projects.
Our interests mostly revolve around video games, but we dabble in some movies and podcasts. We also typically focus on costumes over props.
IMG_20180223_105034_690.jpgIMG_20180222_135917_542.jpgTerrible Trio Cosplay-5500.jpgIMG_20180323_213430_248.jpg2017-07-21 19.31.45.jpg

Hello mates!

Well, not too much to explain. I've been reading your forum for half a year, just since discovering that there was something called "replica props" that allows you to experiment first-person fetishism with your favourite movies.

Regarding favourite movies, besides the popular 80s movies (Wargames, Back to the Future, Alien, Gremlins, ...) my personal obsessions is with three weird, but well-known here, movies:

1. Gattaca
2. Cloud Atlas
3. Silent Running

Not the most popular in this forum, and not the easiest ones to find props from, but part of the fun is to walk through less travelled roads.

(Any clue for props of these 3 movies are welcomed).

Hey everyone!
Like a lot of people I've been reading the forums for a while now. But lately I felt I should contribute. I've been 3D printing for a little over a year with a whole lot to still learn. I don't have any replica props yet but I've been working on a few. Just modeled and printed the Master Sword from Breath of the wild and I found a gumball machine the other day perfect for starting a Tom Servo build. I can't wait to make some things, get some feedback and attempt to help people out!

Helloo ^__^
I'm Max, I make LARP safe weaponry and combat safe replicas, currently doing warewolf claws and a 1:1 Dain's hammer from the hobbit.
Joined because crafty community is best community, can't wait to start picking and sharing brains!

Hello all!

My name is Andrew. I'm a collector, builder, painter of Star Wars stuff, pretty much exclusively. I build and paint sabers, leather trays, stands, and my fiance makes stained glass and other crafty stuff haha. I also collect Hot toys and sideshow star wars figures. Currently in school and should be graduating in the next year with an AAS in computer aided drafting and design. Been a member at TRA for a while as well as FX sabers. Glad to be here!

Hello to everyone :)

My name is Cammie, and whilst I'm a fan of cosplaying, I lack the space and knowledge to create everything I'd love to. I'm also inexperienced with a sewing machine. I'm looking forward to the game DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN and I'd love to create a cosplay based on the Kara UX400 character. Which seems to largely be a tunic like those worn by nurses/beauticians.

Here is a screenshot of what I want to create. Thanks!

android-reference-5.jpg

I am relatively new to cosplay, but have been impressed by it at Cons for a couple of years now. I kept having people tell me I "look like that dude from Breaking Bad" so I started with a simple
-Walter White/Heisenberg as of last Halloween (2017)
heisenberg.jpg
I continued down the path of characters that I resembled from my childhood cartoons and so far have completed:
-Alex Sector (Jackrabbit) from M.A.S.K. Mobile Armored Strike Kommand
unmasked.jpgjr1.jpgmask_lit.jpg
-Taurus from Sgt. Slaughter's Renegades in G.I. Joe the Movie (1987)
t1.jpgt3.jpgt2.jpg

In the near future, considering doing:
-a Cobra character (Techno-Viper, Copperhead, or possibly Sea Slug)
-Star Wars (Biker Scout, Praetorian Guard(from Last Jedi), Imperial Patrol Scout (from upcoming Solo))
-something old school anime (Captain Avatar from Star Blazers, The High Priest from Mysterious Cities of Gold, Tranzor Z)

Anyway, excited to find this forum and join the larger community.

Thanks!

Hi everyone. I’m so glad I found this site. I love love love the creativity. I’m a woodworker. I also love working with metal. I was a photographer in the military. I’ve done fine art for a long time but am really in love with comics, anime, movies and pop culture.

Hi all, I came across this site while researching an upcoming The Last Starfighter arcade cabinet build.
I'm from sunny Brisbane, Australia and an active member on a few Arcade forums.
My main contributions to the site will be The Last Starfighter Arcade cabinet build related.
I have built many arcade cabinets from scratch over the years including a full size replica of the original Atari Pong cabinet as well as a 1:2 scale version.

lMUnw6v.jpg

L17VyLT.jpg

I've just started to draw up the plans for The Last Starfighter cabinet but was hoping that the guys on here who have built these cabinets can help me out with a few more dimensions.

CYnfL64.jpg

2Om3tsd.jpg

I'll start a build thread in the next few days but construction won't start until I have the plans drawn up.

Hello RPF!

My name is Tony. I discovered this site a couple years ago when I was building my lightsabers.
sabers.jpg

I'm currently working on the ANH DL-44 Hero blaster and decided it was time to create an account. This has been an incredible resource!

Hello

I have a BA in Theater Design and Technical Production. I design sets and sometimes props for a living but mainly I do Project management stuff. I watch all these videos of people making props and this forum keeps popping up so I thought I would join.

Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

Ok so I joined some time ago but checking and writing on forums has never been something I've been good at. But I'm tired of seeing and thinking of things that I would like to make. so I'm going to try and get more involved. All this to say, Hello. I'm a pretty novice modeler, but Illustrator and after effects are my bread and butter. If anyone needs help with some vector art for a project or let me know, I would love to help.

Not really sure what else to say so yeah. Have a good day all!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back