Hello,

Thought I'd introduce myself before I start my first build thread.
I'm a maker, I like building things, and about a year ago I decided to build a lightsaber.
Of course, I had to put my own spin on it: http://fredrik.hubbe.net/lightsaber.html
Anyways, that project eventually morphed into a "decorate the TV room with props"-project,
which is why I'm here. (Will post some pictures of this later.)

/Profezzorn

Hey guys! I've been to the RPF several times but I just recently decided to join this community.
I've been making things for only a few years out of wood using only hand tools (but I drill the holes with machines currently) just because I like the "old way" of making things.

My favorite stuff is Sci-Fi and medieval/medieval fantasy, namely Star Wars and Lord of The Rings.
My first prop was a Minecraft sword that I cut out of particle board and hand painted, my second prop (which I will post here soon) is a lightsaber I made out of a 4x4 of pine, ever since prop making has been one of my favorite things to do. My current project is a bow and arrow based on the Rangers of Ithilien bows from LoTR. Hopefully I can share about that project as I'm working on it, however I may be unable to do so.

I look forward to being a part of this great community, see you around!

Last edited:
Hello all, I've been ghosting here for a while and decided to sign up. Right now I'm planning on building a Shoretrooper, but I also have a mostly completed Mandalorian kit and partial ESB Boba Fett. I'm glad to be part of this awesome community, can't wait to get started!

hey everyone, my name's frank. i've lurked here a few times in the past and figured it was time to finally join. i have only been doing prop work for a few years and really, my expertise isn't all great. i only have experience in star wars armor building while i was part of the 501st legion, and with power ranger helmets. right now i'm planning out my full ghostbuster cosplay. hopefully i can learn as much as i can share in return.

Hello All,
New member here.

I've been skulking about for some time and admired, envied and adored so much of the creativity being bandied about here I finally decided to join in. I find the prop item replicas to be the most interesting area especially in the fantasy film genera. I have just this past year had my first experience with sculpting, molding and pouring a shrunken head in silicone and a fun little display of a philosophers stone. I'm excited to learn some more ideas and skills form all of you creative folks here.

//Hello World

I frequently see all of the amazing things people build and great the support from RPF. I see Adam Savage brings on some amazing builds from people from this group and decided I would try to be active on here a bit more.

Interest / Future Projects:
The Expanse
Ash vs Evil
LEGO
Supernatural
FireFly
Star Trek
Harry Potter
Indiana Jones
The Goonies
Hook
The Mummy

Hi all!

I was turned onto this site after doing some research on the Graflex lightsabers used in the first Star Wars movies. I'm a complete noob, and frankly don't have much time to invest in this hobby right now, but I'm OCD enough that I need to get down to the bottom of everything. Questions like "did they use screws or rivets" literally keep me up at night.

Hello everyone, my name is Maddie. New to the site, looks like an interesting place to learn some new techniques.
I very much enjoy working with my hands. I've got a couple of different hobbies including painting, drawing, working and making things with polymer clay and some beginner wood work.
I just purchased my first tub of Monster Clay and I'm doing all the reading on it I can to make sure I'm familiarized with how it works and the things I can do with it.

Greetings. Long-time lurker, enthusiastic new-member.

Dennis, 37, southern Michigan. I have been a member of the Brotherhood of the Bat (DarkKnight316) for 15 years. I cosplay primarily as Darth Vader, Bane, Jason Voorhees, and Crossbones. I'm looking for some new projects and challenges, to expand my repertoire and skill-set, and like-minded artisans from which to draw inspiration.

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm a model kit enthusiast with a love for sci-fi vehicles and air planes. I'm also affiliated with Bluefin, the official importer of the Bandai Star Wars Plastic Model Kits for N. America.

Hello,
I'm a cosplayer/ costume design student with a love of detail. I stumbled on this site by accident while I was on a pre-costume research run and loved what I saw. I'm looking forward to being a part of this community and hopefully picking up a few tricks.

Hi,
I'm a professional artist living in LA, I do a lot of design and illustration, but my main gig is prototype development, specifically product painting, although I've painted a couple of screen-used props as well. I'm pretty new to prop building, I want to be able to fabricate stuff and learn as many skills as I can. I really like SF weapons, I'd love to put together a DL-44 or A180 and go from there, I feel lucky to have found the RPF so I can study the work and techniques of so many talented artists and benefit from the incredible knowledge and research put in by so many people here! Thank you all in advance!
I'm excited to be a member of this community, I look forward to meeting you all, learning from your experience and hopefully contributing back any way I can!
Cheers!

HI All, complete newbie to replica props, other than buying props that others have made. In the process now of painting and finishing a Kylo Ren saber, have recently built a Rey's staff for my daughter for Halloween which turned out pretty nice, and want to try my hand at putting together some Star Wars blasters. Looking forward to learning a lot from the group.

Hey everyone. Thought I should join up as I'm starting to build more costume parts.
Beginner in all this but currently starting a Star-Lord project. Hope it turns out alright,
I've read a few posts of other builds and they are very educational. Hope to learn a lot from here, maybe enough to have some form of work from it.
Hope to see eveyones creations.

Came across your site looking for inspiration for an adult sized Buzz Lightyear costume. What I found so far has been very helpful. I look forward to learning more about working with foam.

Hi Everyone

I'm Marcelo, I love the Sci-fi movies and comics,
I work on create characters and 3d models for short films,
animations and models for video games, in my free times
I like create and sculpts creatures, superheroes and
props on fiberglass and epoxy materials.

Hi,

As a lifelong SW fan and collector I thought it was about time that I did the right thing and join the Resistance.
So a little about me...
I teach Computing Science, I make small indie movies with fellow like-minded folks and I still have the unbridled optimism and naivety that my recently purchased 3D Printer and Dremel tool will get more use than they probably will :).

After attending Celebration Europe 2016 in London, finally meeting my SW heroes for the first time I re-discovered my passion for all things prop related and have flirted with the idea of adding to my collection. As long as I can remember I've always had the idea of building a ROTJ reveal Vader Helmet to go alongside my ESB Vader.

Any way I will add some pics later (and I have a couple of Qs about my current ESB helmet lineage)

I look forward to discussing, learning and no doubt purchasing items from you all in good time.

DM out!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back