Well, I am a huge science fiction nerd and want to get into cosplay. I used to collect Star Trek ships and toys, but then I sold most of them for one reason or another. After attending my first DragonCon I decided to do something fun, and here we are. I am looking forward to starting on my Nazgul outfit to (hopefully) debut at D*C 2019!

Allow myself to introduce... myself. My name is Richie Cunningham and this is my wife, Oprah.

Cards aren't my bag, baby. But I love movies and comics. My name is actually Ben, and my wife isn't Oprah.

My biggest passion is for Star Wars. First film I saw on screen was The Empire Strikes Back, though I was only a few months old at the time. Something must have stuck, because it's still my favorite Star Wars movie.

I first got into costuming before I knew anything about cosplay. I always loved Halloween, and my first replicated costume was Beefcake the Mighty of GWAR. While I sadly no longer have that costume, many others have come, mostly Post Apocalyptic stuff, until I got involved in Star Wars costuming.

I rally got my start in that field with the Mandalorian Mercs costume club, and though I'm still an unofficial member, it's because I work too much and neglect my kit, though it is done. I've also finished two costumes for the Dark Empire costume club, and hope to eventually have kits for the 501st and Rebel Legion.

I dabble in foam, resin, plastic and metal for my costume pieces. I'll often buy B pulls and fix then up to acceptable standards.

I'm also a big Marvel comics fan, and have ideas for a few costumes in that genre. My first foray into EVA foam was a helmet based on the Thing, from Fantastic Four. Still working on the rest of the body, so for now he sits on my helmet shelf next to my Captain Rex (in progess), Vader, Snowtrooper (in progress) and Custom Mando.

Future projects include a Mando inspired by the early 90s comic book character Darkhawk, an XMO:W Sabertooth, a post apocalyptic / Mad Max type kit, and a Spiderman/ Jeffrey Lebowski mash up.

I'm into most science fiction, fantasy, steampunk, and westerns.
Franchise Favorites include
Star Wars
Alien
Conan the Barbarian
LOTR
Clint Eastwood westerns
80s comedy (I'm a huge Dan Aykroyd fan)
Cheesy B movies (Sharknado series, Attack of the killer doughnuts, things like that)
And so much more.

My mind often works faster than either my hands or my wallet, though.

Glad to be a part of this community, and hope to learn a lot and be inspired more.

Ben

Last edited:
Hi! My name is Guillermo and we are a little group of Alien Makers, falling in love with the sexiest xenomorph of the universe...
and I love making costumes to wear, and so I am happy to have found this community!
I have a large interest in movie prop, from Aliens mainly.

alien-tamaño-natural.jpg busto-latex-alien.jpg

Find some of my stuff here: www.instagram.com/sulacolabs

Hello all,
I've decided to make a couple of replica uniform pieces from the Nostromo. I'm going to make a work shirt, and then either a vest ala Lambert, or a jacket inspired by Dallas' jacket. I have started collecting what I need. My plan is to make the stuff for a member of the Sciences Division (but I won't be a homicidal android LOL).

The chief obstacle for me is that, as a somewhat typical American, I'm a great big fat guy. LOL So finding some things that will fit can be tough. I spent many hours the last few days combing the WWW, and I've finally had some good luck. I found an inexpensive multi-pocket shirt to start with, a very cheap vest, and a fairly inexpensive jacket. Once the vest and jacket arrive, I'll see which fits me better.

I've purchased the patches and pins that I'll need. Next up, I need to figure out how I'm going to make the lacing for either the arms of the jacket, or the front of the vest. And I also need to figure out how I'll do the "NOSTROMO" letting on the back. That's the main reason I'm here now, as I read somewhere that there is someone here who makes good stencils.

Cheers,
Rob

My name is Frédéric and I'm French I 've been lurking on this forum for many years but I've never had the courage to participate in ,but now I decided to do so ,I'm a Star Wars fan and I like to sculpt,I started to sculpt when I was 20 especially movie props , ,that's why I like to come here to see inspirational creations from other members , I am curently working on the Darth Vader RUBIES SUPREME that I try to modify and give it the ROTS look ,so it would be kind of you guy if could give me some advice ,and please be indulgent with my English because it is not my mother tongue and believe me,I'm trying hard to write correct English :lol

Last edited:
Hey, I'm Alex and I am the latest addition to this community.
I love DC and Marvels, I grew up watching and reading the stories of my favorite superheroes. It is so great to be a part of this community.

Hey guys
Appreciate the membership - thx

I’m Jacob.
I’m danish and live in a small town in Denmark with my wife and 10 year old son.

Growing up in the 80s - I was drawn to anything and everything with a good story to tell.. I was always reading Comics, watch Cartoons and movies or hanging around the arcade or my Commodore 64.. As most other kids I playing with LEGO and collected different series of figures like Heman etc. But nothing has ever made such impact as Star Wars did.. Indiana Jones, Predator and Alien and more are also favorites and many more. But my one true love is Star Wars and ever since I got my first Han Solo I’ve been like a dry sponge thrown in a bucket of water when It comes to The Galaxy far far away. As a kid I made anything in to something SW like or got creative on the drawingboard.
As years went by I’ve always chased the feeling I had when I was a kid. Today I work with kids daily and also being a dad - gives a gives a creative and playfull soul like me - plenty of opportunities to craft, build, paint. Over the last 3-4 years I’ve been more and more serious with my collection customs and builds in general.. So many like minded people, some with creative skills out of this world and combined with being very helpfull - is crazy inspiring and my motivation peaking at it’s highest
Pardon my danish/english gramma and spelling..

Thx again and I’ll be seeing you around

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah-wheep-ni-ni-bong!

Preferred nomenclature’s RogerogeR! I stumbled upon this amazing group via a link on Pepakura’s site. I’m a seasoned convention goer, now looking to fulfill one of many dreams to construct my own suit. I’m a pretty moderately sized Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle fan, and have amassed a decent collection since I was a wee mutant. So it’ll be especially cool to encounter fellow TMNT enthusiasts. I look forward to meeting and learning from any and all here. Thank you for having me!

Ahoy All, new to all this stuff, sort of. Yuge Trekkie back in the day, around age 12 ('77 or so,) I made a 'Communicator' from wood & wire & screen before getting the Landing Party Set models. Put old watch guts behind the Com's Moire, put Velcro on it & my belt, and proceeded to barely survive the bus trip to school- No one touched my Communicator though.

Trauma wears off after 40 years & I see the Running Press com at the bookstore about a month ago- An Immediate sale! Grabbed the others in the series, and see the Wand Co. Phaser & Communicator online so have a ' REAL' Communicator & 2 Phasers now. Super pleased with 'em, naturally!

I'm a lifelong modeler & tinkerer and now have a 3-axis CNC Mill and manual lathe in the garage, so I'm altering one Phaser to preference. Managed to get the emitter off clean by using a lathe collet to grab the frontmost piece, and now have what I think are the only 'No-Damage' pics of it extant, posted below for interested chaps who want to remove this also. Read through a lot here & managed to find some pics with no info, so here are some tips for the process:

-Retract the outer cone all the way down to its shortest position
-There are 2 white plastic rings that cut friction that are not shown here, but don't lose 'em!
-Grabbing the frontmost ring need be done with something that will apply pressure without gouging it- Lucky I have that lathe collet, but it's your choice. Maybe go under the lip with something?
-Front ring is retained by the flare on the plastic shaft on the Phaser body. Pull as straight as you can, or 'rock' it- Twisting just tears up the odd flat-sided bit of plastic on the very end. Dunno why that's even there.
-The big fancy bit and the outer cone are simple and obvious
-Last piece that touches the body can be popped off with your fingers- do NOT use pliers! Just push in on all 4 lobes at once & off it comes.

I found no info on stripping the finish online, so tried degreaser, brake fluid & Easy-Off and it didn't even irritate the finish. It must be powder-coated, so bought some Eastwood Co. stripper that eats powder-coat (Item #16023.) It's due in a few days, and I anticipate no worries. If the finish is shiny & smooth under there, I'm done: If not, I'll use a kit for Electroless Nickel plating to make it shiny: Doing the same on the Dilithium Crystal cover, and will try it on the trigger & fins also.

So, Howdy & hope this helps out anyone who, like me, wants to get that emitter off the Phaser. Might do a short thread on it shortly. So, Cheers & glad to be here, Toyranosaur

Attachments

• 20180625_233602_resized.jpg
    20180625_233602_resized.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 20180625_233528_resized.jpg
    20180625_233528_resized.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 59
Hi, hello.

I'm mainly here for one thing - hoping to be able to track down something for my boyfriend. But I'll probably be in and out here and there since I'd like to get into cosplay, and we'll likely be outfitting some display cases when we get a house. We'll see how it goes.

I'm a My Little Pony collector, but am also in love with a great many other things.

He guys, doing this late so I'll just say hi. I'm a former restaurant manager and am trying to FINALLY put my art degree to use by building a prop portfolio and then using it to pound the pavement for some kind of fabrication job. Looking forward to sharing tips with everyone.

Hey everyone!
Just saying hi, and that I’m the newest member of RPF! I’ve been an amateur prop maker and builder for many years and I’ve stumbled on these forums quite a few times. I have no idea why I didn’t ever make an account but I have now finally! Looking forward to sharing with all of you. Some passions of mine include 80s sci-fi and paranormal films, action movies and epics, and some fantasy films. See ya in the forums!

Hello everyone!
I’m GreenWithEvil. I’ve done various costumes throughout the years, including Joker, Arrow, a random Jedi, Casey Jones, an Umbrella Corps soldier, and Indiana Jones. I’m currently finishing up an Alan Grant costume.

I love Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel, DC, Power Rangers, and numerous other fandoms.

Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

Hello to all Anthony for Australia.

Hello, my names Derek, and I’m a nerd. I’ve always been really into movies, even as a little guy and have somewhat just started collecting. I’ve bought and sold a lot of things including several Jason hockey masks made by Crash Creations and AUZ, and now my big obsession is Star Wars. I have several empty hilts from makers such as Roman Props, Ultimate Works, Watto’s Junkyard, and RPK Customs. I also am a huge fan of The Rocketeer and have looked through EvilRocketeer’s collection with complete envy. I’m in the construction field and with that being said, I have a daughter on the way and can’t really afford to accumulate tons of props. Thanks!

Hi!

I've spent a huge amount of time on this website over the years so I thought it was about time I join in! I'm currently starting a Wasp costume from Ant Man and The Wasp. I've made a handful of different costumes from all kinds of genres over the years and I'm excited to keep making more!

4 judges - Copy.jpgfoam.jpg
New to cosplay - built a couple of things but I'm all ambition and no talent - I can work from templates but no imagination of skills to do it free hand.

Currently building a full set of Armour as our Group are going to the next Comic Con as a D&D party - any help or advice would be appreciated. did a helmet, Sword and shield - still got the rest to do.

Last edited:
Hey RPF!

I'm a long time lurker finally looking to start creating. The franchises I'm most passionate about include Star Wars, Ghostbusters, The Goonies, Blade Runner, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Indiana Jones, and the videogame Borderlands. I'm currently working on a resin cast kit of the Unkempt Harold: the most powerful pistol from Borderlands 2. Looking forward to starting a lifetime of making on the RPF.

-Jabba

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back