Hello!

I am new to the RPF and after researching on the Internet, this seems like the best community for me to start...THANK YOU for adding me as a member!

Here is a little info about myself...in 2011-2013,

I worked with Showtime and the art department...on several different shows and pilot episodes...one of them was on DEXTER...

Many different shows are filmed at the Sunset Gower Studios (formerly COLUMBIA PICTURES) - where I procured most of my SCREEN USED, HERO, backup props & artwork...

I was fortunate enough to be cleared and allowed to be on property!!!

Being in/on the actual sets/stages for various shows & working directly with the property, costume and art departments, was a very humbling and amazing experience!

Truly, it was a dream that became reality...a very special person went out of their way, fulfilling my wish and I will never forget the entire adventure!

Feel free to PM me anytime you would like - if you have any questions I can answer I will certainly try!

[ ☻ ]

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

My name is Brice Gielgens and I am an Illustrator and Graphic Designer. I have been making props on and off for the last 8 years and have recently returned to the hobby.

I have been a lurker on The RPF for a long time and just created my first prop kit, so I was recommended to finally speak up and share what I have learned.

I am very excited to officially join the community! Thank you for having me!

Hello everyone,

My name is Stryd5r i have been doing metal fabrication stuff for along time and thought i would get into making stuff for myself and my kids i have been around the cosplay community for quite awhile but just recently decided to jump in myself

Hello Honorable members,
My name's Andika, from Indonesia.
I've always interested in movie props but never make them. I hope I can make some good prop from here.

Hi,
Obviously new here. I recently invested in a mill to go along with my Lathe and have always wanted to try a prop from a favorite move/series of mine. I'm sure all the clever people here will be able to help me on my journey. :)

Hello! My name is Ruslan. 27 years. I live in Russia. I do not speak English. Excuse me. I'm using the Google Translight.
I and my girlfriend are fond of cosplay. We very much like Blizzard and World of Warcraft. And I really love the warhammer.
I've studied your forum a lot. I watched how people make warhammer suits. It was my dream! Make a Space Marine suit. And it seems to me that now I am ready. I want to upload W.I.P. In his theme. I hope this inspires me even more. Once again I apologize for using google translate.
1.jpg5.jpg4.jpg

Re: The Official New User Introduction Thread

Hi everyone! My name is Zack, and I am a bit obsessed with Indiana Jones and most other Spielberg masterpieces, along with the props, outfits, and other random stuff found throughout these films. I look forward to seeing some of the awesome stuff on this forum! Cheers!

Greetings! While not new to the art of crafting and scratch building, my love for all things movie, video game, and props in general has lead me to wanting to delve into foam building and maybe some Worbla work, so here I am after three years of creeping joining up to be a part of the community. I am currently working on a pepakura->fiberglass Iron Helmet from Skyrim for my step son (a long and frustrating process I aim to never repeat again) and am starting work on my own N7 build from Mass Effect with future plans to do a War Machine, and a scratch build of a Warjack from the table top war game "War Machine".

Hi everybody. My names Greg (as you can probably tell by my user name!).
I've been a professional modelmaker for about 20 years, mainly doing ship & oil industry models, architectural & prototypes.
Saw Adam Savage doing a nerf gun & thought I'd give that a go, as I'd never really made models for myself only for clients. Well I think I'm hooked! It's so much more fun building things you actually like!
A few pics of some work & nerf guns I did after seeing Adams.
6e76c571c329ef20c621268d3a13be53.jpg
2fc50a4b2e4a02c43524ea969631735a.jpg
21a2251b395cdebe05d2903a65b21090.jpg
20613306cf61cb25208ceb44f3eb1651.jpg
5069fa08cd9c012687096a87ac554e6a.jpg
349537ea52836a1b5e232099c281c7fb.jpg
a73299643689050e7e5afe0f7c72d336.jpg
b7bf2f1825250e520067b40d0a3dc891.jpg
386d1a8bd5f68e1ad39f03d2a84eec84.jpg
f97623d539917d3ae91f9e24d27baad7.jpg

Hello I am a new member from Chicago. I have been making costumes mostly for my kids through the years for them when they come with me to WW and C2E2. They have done Kylo Ren and Rey and my daughter did a gender bender Owen from Jurassic World one year that got her ready for more.
I don't dress up as much as I used to but I have done Sterling Archer and Chrono Ranger from SOTM in my past. This years projects are a wonder woman complete cosplay for my daughter and a Rocket Raccoon build for my son.
I am returning to cosplay myself with a Star Lord budget build for myself which brought me to this forum. Mainly the bag thread has been my life this past week and I am amazed at the work on this site. I hope to be able to learn a lot and pass along what I have learned to others along the way.

Hey,
I just registered, finally, I'm in the process of setting up my shop in the garage. My first project will be a scratch built Rey's quarterstaff. I have some materials for a E-11 and DL-44, but I thought I would ease into this with no moving parts! My first cosplay experience was the opening night of Star Wars Episode I, my friends and I cosplayed Darth Sidious, Darth Maul, and Obi-Wan. Did I do this right?

Hello everyone!
My name is Nicole and I am just starting out on my costume making journey. It is an honor to be able to be part of this forum community because of all the awesome costumes and members. I recently got interested in movie and video game related costumes and props back in 2014. I attended my first convention that same year, which turned out to be Dragon*Con! Since then, I have attended Dragon*Con every year. Additionally, myself and my two siblings make up SibSquad (Sibling Squad) Cosplay and we hope to see you at Dragon*Con 2017!
Nice to meet all of you,
Nicole

Maybe someday...

Hello, greetings, salutations,

I like to think of myself as a creative person, but I'm more of a thinker than a doer. Most of my physical creations were in my earlier years when I had more access to supplies and mentors to guide me each step of the way.
The most I've done in recent years was make a house crest pendant to wear to a local Harry Potter festival. That was made from a print off from the computer, gel pens, tape, and a paper clip. A few years back I made an Invader Zim book mark from a drawing I did with a mouse in Paint (I'm talking the free version that came with Windows 98!) And there were some drawstring pouches I made up for "gold"($1 coins) at the ren faires. Did the stitching by hand. Gave them out to the friends we were going with. I still have one.

The creations I'm most proud of include a ceramic tea candle lantern I made back in high school. Unfortunately it wasn't finished by the deadline because the Celtic knot-work pattern was taking me forever. (So, in the kiln it went, half undecorated.) It is a project I'd like to try my hand at again someday. (Make some tweaks to what didn't work, and have a finished one.) Then there was my Halloween costume where I went as Eric Draven/The Crow. Years later I found out that hardly anyone had known it was me; most thought I was absent from class that day. One friend I even had to show the pics of me putting on the make up before he believed me. (chest binding yo. total commitment. My mother in a rare moment of chillness even let me temporarily dye my hair.) Then there was a Mother's Day card I made when I was like eight. I'm still floored that I made that. It's almost as good as something you'd buy in the stores... like something from Papyrus. It has working parts where when you open it, a flower grows. The drawings are really good too. I am SOoooooo out of practice now.

Besides the small projects I mentioned above, the most my creativity gets to come out these days is when I write letters to friends. (Yes, write. With a writing instrument on a sheet of paper, and send it through the mail.) There are things beyond my control, that I rather not get into at the moment. I yearn to do more, and hopefully one day it will be so; but for now, all I can do is dream, and enjoy the works of others (looking at, enjoying the pride they take in them, and on rare occasions, getting to own one of said objects, or a photo there of.)

I have run across the forum from time to time over the years while researching this, that, or the other thing and have found the information to be quite useful. (Or share with glee in the accomplishments.) As the years have gone by I've had less time to be on the internet. (As it is we don't even have reliable access currently.) I wish I were joining under better circumstances (having to ask advice about a dicey situation.) and that I could promise to become a regular... but I doubt I will be around often. (mostly I'll probably be a lurker. ....just now with an account >.< )

[ I may even update my profile or add another post about more my fandom interests after the situation has been dealt with.]

Last edited:
Re: &gt;&gt; New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! &lt;&lt;

Hey, I'm here for Indiana Jones prop replicas.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, I'm here for Indiana Jones prop replicas.

Hello I'm new to prop making and have started making a foam mock-up of the Neuromod from PREY (2017) I came on here to see if any one had reference but no results came up so I made an account to gather research and see if anyone else had interest in replicating that prop. When I finish my pixel count measurements I will post them on here.

Hello!

I have been a fan of Star Wars ever since I first saw it 16 years ago when I was 5. I have loved it ever since (Yes, even the prequels, don't hate!). I found out about this site through The Dented Helmet, and decided that I should join here because it is much broader than just bounty hunters.

Anyways, here is some photos of some of my work! I know I'm not the best but I put love and many days of work into my builds. Please let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions, PLEASE let me know as I am knew to building armor and things like that.

Thanks again and nice to meet you!

Cuddles52

20170625_160625.jpg20170625_160647.jpg

Shore trooper (With Phoenix squadron logo instead of the regular logo); Tank Trooper

attachment.php
attachment.php
This is my gonk droid. It actually makes noise too but I cannot upload it unless it's on Youtube.

Attachments

• Snapchat-794947129.jpg
    Snapchat-794947129.jpg
    717.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Snapchat-2053302995.jpg
    Snapchat-2053302995.jpg
    816.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 20170625_161322.jpg
    20170625_161322.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 38
  • 20170625_161341.jpg
    20170625_161341.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 33
  • 20170625_161341.jpg
    20170625_161341.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
HI All, Another new guy here. Just got interested in the helmets and scale models for Star wars stuff. I am trying to hold the line at focusing on the Rebel stuff too... Have a few helmet and models on the way to get started. So will be digging through the archives for the work already been done. I hope to be able at some point to contribute.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back