Hi Propmaster2000, thank you!
I use my Zortrax M200 filament printer and ABS+ Silver, sometimes I also use Zortrax own ABS blend UltraT.

Here's a Dalek gun I made a while back on the printer (barrel fittings are from Thingeverse, the rest are all my models).

FB_IMG_1531404503264.jpg

Raw print test assembled.

FB_IMG_1531404551993.jpg

This is with a thin primer and a few thin airbrushed coats of metal Air from Valejo, after fine sanding only and no filler or acetone smoothing. :)

FB_IMG_1531404588424.jpg

I designed both the gun and the helmet parts to have insert blocks of things with different height so I can sand them smooth separately, like this:

FB_IMG_1531404516622.jpg

Last edited:
Hello my name is Krissy I found this site when looking for reviews on someone I may get a Wonder Woman costume from. I’m looking for someone who can make me a good quality costume gal gadot version. Any help is appreciated thanks!

Hi all, g0rb here. I'm pretty new to all of this, even though I've built a couple of plastic kits in my life, and done a bit of work with clay.
Currently I'm scratchbuilding a wh40k Land Raider using index card and other bits and pieces, and I was hoping to get some feedback on it and learn from this community.
Cheers!

Hey ladies and peeps,

Names karma I've been dabbling in the idea of cosplay for a while so for me im not a small dude I'm 6' 4" and figuring out what I want to do is little tricky.
A friend of mine who is on this site has recommended me here to see whats out there and check out things. I have lots of questions as this is the first time I have ever done this. I am expecting to make a lot of mistakes but that's learning, and would love help from people as I go.
I have always been a fan of warhammer, Bane from Batman series.

I should probably post something here. I joined up a number of years back, found out about the site from one video or another by Mr Savage. Lurked around for a few years and thought I'd get active now I have a project to start:

Bought myself the Bandai Perfect Grade Falcon (special edition).

I'm a massive Star Wars fan, and always wanted a great Falcon to put in my collection, so why not build one. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, especially when it comes to Star Wars, props, replicas or code...

I'm a Software Engineer by day... and night... and a fair few weekends. Probably why I lurked for so long, in our profession it's far to easy to work far too much. I'm also a big gamer (PCMR for life). I'm a full stack developer and architect. Generally in the Microsoft stack, custom dev/O365//DB/BI/etc for anyone with any interest in such things. Hoping those skills can be put to use in my model making.

I live and work on the East Coast of Australia, though it feels a bit like Tatooine in these parts when it comes to props/tools/etc, things seem to be expensive or unavailable.

Anyway I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and I'm always up for learning new skills. My wife is often annoyed by my "Me plus the internet can fix/build/do anything" attitude. Hence I can see my current build taking a long time with research and practivce along the way. I haven't built any models since I was a young kid (a couple of special edition gold model kits, X-Wing and Tie Interceptor, on holiday, with no tools, and a tube of super glue. Terrible effort I'm not proud of). So the next few months are going to be fun.

Other than the Falcon I have a Hasbro Black series Vader saber in pieces I need to fix (crappy battery contact fell out). Which is taking longer than expected since they've apparently glued the screws in :facepalm. And I just bought the three Star Wars Propel drones which I'm planning on weathering as practice, and possibly the Black Series TK Bucket.

Thanks to those who have already answered some questions, looking forward to spending some more time on the site.

Hi all

I’m new to making your own props. I’m led to believe that you are a great bunch of chaps and chapesses and you give good advice. I am predominantly making some Dredd props (from the comics) but I am enjoying the processes a great deal so will probably go on to make many other props from many different genres. I’ve found a hobby that I actually enjoy and look forward to chatting to you all

Speak to you soon

Hi guys! Im a 24 old Year boy that loves videogames, scifi, gamedesign and tecnology.
I want to make the first step in this new hobby, how I can start?

In particulary I want to make some gun replica from major videogames like Doom (more forward even with resina/foam and advanced material)
How I can start do something like that?

Inviato dal mio SM-J530F utilizzando Tapatalk

Ok, it's been awhile since I posted ( military reserve obligations) I'm looking for ideas to easily put a darth Vader mask on and off. I looked for some pictures for ideas, and someone suggested a hard hat strap/ head netting. But I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Any ideas?

Hello

This is my first post on here, I've been following some of the projects on here for a while.
I originally found a link to the very elaborate functional pip boy project and that's what got me interested,
since I'm mostly interested in practical functional pieces. That said I also like decorations if they are well made.

I figured I'd register since I often prefer to work on diy projects and have tips and tricks which might be useful
for prop makers on here and maybe I could also learn new ways to make things.

Greetings and felicitations

I was introduced to this site by a tested video; model making, transformers customization, sculpture with Sculpy 3 and in 3d printing that is supplemented with legos( not custom pieces, parts that use legos for function) and hardware. I'm not going to post projects anytime soon( because I have no money), But I'll see if I can contribute. If anyone knows about parts akin to Ball-Joints or Dowels( pins but that's how you find them on google) and where to get them please feel free to message me.
Also, if anyone has any handy tips on how to use greebles or any forums on the subject please let me know.

I look forward to meeting you all.

Hi guys!

I'm a Lisbon, portugal based designer and Illustrator. I become aware of this forum trough an Adam Savage's youtube video. I'm not exactly a top level geek but I love all things sci-fi and movie props. I spent hours watching videos on building prop replicas. Maybe this is the place which will give me the kickstart to do something about it.

Hello!

I recently took interest in Cosplaying and i'm looking forwards guide and help to make my first cosplay.

I hope you can give me a hand or two along the way.

Hey guys,

Long time lurker, have only just made an account. I use the same name over on the 405th. Have some halo related stuff in the works, however am always keen to expand into more areas, and definitely will be. Am also keen to get into some cosplay, however with work it can be difficult finding the time. Cheers

Hi, I learned about this forum from adam savages youtube channel "tested". I'm a programmer living in germany. I need to build things with my hands at least once a week to compensate for the lack of any physical creative expressions from my job. I just bought a 3d printer and im ready to get my hands on some serious propmaking.

Greetings. I run a small Props and Replicas shop in the Chicagoland area. I call it Northman Props. I am still fairly new to the hobby despite having gone to college for it before serving in the Navy. See below for my most recent work:20180729_210406.jpg

The Northman

Hi everyone! Very, very, new to this community. My husband has been a military collector and reenactor for decades and I've always loved all of this stuff, but never really participated or made things. I've finally decided to get more into all of this and start learning how to make my own costumes. I've been helping my husband make military reproductions for the last 10 years. Now it's time for me to see what I can learn about making costumes for myself. :)

Hello there!
I have been a maker for about a year now and building custom computer cases for 5 years. I want to get into material design and small electronics so I figured I’d study some of the best in those fields right here on the forum!! :D

Hello.
I'm just getting into prop building. I'm mostly a Doctor Who nut with a few other fandoms. I've been assembling, printing, and sculpting props this summer, and am eager to learn more and marvel at others' creations.

Hello!
I'm fairly new to attempting at making costumes and props myself. Just started getting into 3D printing and, honestly sewing as well haha. Currently working on a ANH Han Solo. Hoping to make it RL ready in the future, but honestly just hoping to have my own Han to start with. So far its going well but I look forward to expanding my skills and help where I can as well! This community has helped me in the past on projects and currently still is!
37897173_1029290737237356_6881548377205506048_n.jpg0730181759a_HDR.jpg0730182137.jpg0730181759_HDR.jpg

-Artifact

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back