Hola Prop persons,

I think I heard Adam Savage keep dropping this name a lot on Tested so I did a search. I have been lurking and decided to join forces with yall. Part time maker and full time Star Wars nerd from Michigan. I am working on a few things and will be picking brains ( but never noses). Hope we can all be good ole friends here.

Prop Weasel

Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

Hi there,
I'm New I have read discussions on the forum loads but never posted hope all goes well.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi there,
I'm New I have read discussions on the forum loads but never posted hope all goes well.

>> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

Hey everyone. My name is Michael and I’m a newbie to both the forum and EVA foam prop work. I am totally inspired by things I’ve seen Adam Savage and other makers create and aspire to get better with EVA prop making just for the heck of it. I've a little interest in cosplay, but moreover I am interested in learning new things and creating cool stuff.

Additionally, I also have aspirations of building my first stormtrooper kit and shooting for 501st approval next spring. My goal is to participate with the 501st and do charitable events to help brighten the lives of kids young and old. :)

Rey's staff: https://photos.app.goo.gl/8Fl7gAtmyLNu2MP13
Wonder Woman's god-killer sword: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Hxq2UlxKCrDp3ixR2

Last edited:
I am going to try my hand at being an active member of the community after lurking for so long. So, I guess this is hello, I'm axelot!

I don't have a whole lot of experience prop making, just kinda stumbled through a couple things for my son mostly over the last couple Halloweens. That being said, much like most of you, I have spent countless hours poring over everyone's posts hoping to one day add something to the ranks.

So far I have tried my hand at an Iron Man helmet, PvZ pea shooter, and Genji armor/sword with varying levels of success. This year I tried for a little more detail with a Destiny Warlock build for my son and a Devil Ape mask from Tokyo Ghoul for myself. Gotta say I am most proud of the Devil Ape mask. I will try add a couple posts in the next day or two with pictures of what I can.

As for my interests, pretty much anything goes. Love games, comics, anime, and everything in between.

Thanks for everything,
axelot

Hi everyone,

I’m Frank. I’ve visited The RPF in the past and always thought it would be great to learn to fabricate, well, anything and everything. Only recently have I decided to stop wondering and give it a go. I hope to learn a lot from everyone, develop my skills, and contribute back. I’m a big fan of Blade Runner and Mobile Suit Gundam (Universal Century timeline).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone!

I found this wonderful site after searching for "Han Solo Accurate Holster pattern." I was so impressed with the dedication to detail and positive support members gave to each other I read in the posts that I knew I had to join.

I don't ever remember having store-bought costumes growing up - Every Halloween, I would choose my costume, and my mom would "whip something up" (usually just pulling material out of her "magic fabric closet" that was original and just perfect!

When my son was 3 (he's now nine) and decided to be Indiana Jones for Halloween, I was horrified at the outrageous prices for such substandard fabric quality, and that there was so little to choose from, so the quest for the perfect Dr. Jones outfit began. Getting the whole costume together was so much fun for us, that I decided to plan some multi-family group costumes for Halloween, which was great!

Detail WAS NOT too evident in the costumes, but searching through Goodwill for a Green Suit (for Professor Lupin) and Feeling "EUREKA" at finding $3 sealed, NIP Brown Hair falls for Leia Buns at the Salvation Army, was infectious!

I'm excited to try to get some looks more authentic. and to learn some cool new ways to build stuff. I can't even spell "vacuforming," but it seems amazing!

I love Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, Star Wars IV-VIII, The Walking Dead, Back to the Future, and Fallout.

Hope to get to know some of you soon!

Last edited:
Hola Prop persons,

I think I heard Adam Savage keep dropping this name a lot on Tested so I did a search. I have been lurking and decided to join forces with yall. Part time maker and full time Star Wars nerd from Michigan. I am working on a few things and will be picking brains ( but never noses). Hope we can all be good ole friends here.

Prop Weasel

"You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends' nose.":D

I'm remy. Hopefully a future member of the 501st. Ive lurked here for a while but ill probably get around to posting some of my armor builds at some point!

Hey folks!

I've been lurking around these parts for several years now on and off, and I figured it was time I turned into an active participant.

My name's Demetri, I'm closer to 40 than 30, and I put food on the table as a creative professional. Among other endeavors, I'm the Senior Art Director of a marketing agency, have worked as a Creative Director and Designer in the past, and have a rather colorful educational background in Art & Design. I also have a deep love and appreciation for film props, as everyone else here I'd imagine, and love to tinker with such as time permits.

I won't go down a list of likes and dislikes as that would take far too long, but I will say that I've had a minor obsession with K-2SO every since Rogue One was released, and that I've been a fan of Blade Runner since my youth. Anything else, you'll have to ask me about or discover through my posts.

Hope that paints a picture!

Hello from Phoenix, AZ! Found the forums and 501st after looking into the SW Costume community - have an Anovos Kylo helm and a standard ensemble (if that suit ever gets here)! Excited to learn more!

Hello from Philly!!! I am hoping to start a Captain Phasma kit, and am a experienced costume designer and creator. Though I'll admit armor, sanding and paintjobs are all greek to me. Looking forward to learning and contributing!!

Howdy do,

My name is Ian, I'm a young independent filmmaker in the US. The filmmaking part of that is going slowly due to college, funds, and other assorted time-wasters, but I will get there. :)

Anyway, my favorite movie of all time is Blade Runner, with Once Upon a Time in the West following hot on its heels.

My film interests are vast and varied, from Star Wars to Evil Dead, Big Trouble in Little China, James Bond, Disney, Casablanca, LA Confidential, just to name a healthy handful.

I probably won't be doing a heck of a lot of building at this point, because as I said, money is a big constrictor at the moment, but later on I hope to be able to knock out some nifty things with the best of you.

Hi, everyone.I'm Wataur‚
I come from Taiwan.
Glad to join this R.P.F. forum.
I did TaraxacumBrick. thx.

Hi folks,

I am a regular con goer (a dozen this year alone) and I like to do at least three fresh builds a year, I also do commissioned pieces (mostly weapons) for other cosplayers.
I work with a variety materials and use a diverse mix of manufacturing/assembly/finishing methods.
Found this site whilst researching my ‘Divine Shadow’ (Lexx) costume that I will be debuting at Birmingham (the UK one) Comic Con in twelve days and my Ramirez (Highlander) costume that I will be starting in the NewYear.
Search KRCC or C05PL4Y on fb :thumbsup to find some of my costumes.

Looking forward to posting on here, feel free to ask questions, I know I’ll be asking a few of my own. :confused

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there, new guy here big into blade runner and looking to get some props clothing from the films! That's about it for me really!

Hey,
I've been reading everyone's amazing threads for a while now and finally decided to join.
Should be getting underway with a new project soon and wanted opinions from other people doing similar things, looking forward to sharing and learning.

Hi all!
Well it's been a while coming but i've finally signed up!
In a nutshell I love to make things and have done so pretty much all my life. I've always loved to grab inspiration from film props to bring into my own designs. Recently moved form London to spain to help my brother set up a workshop / laser workshop where I now get to play... I mean work with a GREAT BIG laser cutter! I'm really looking forward to see how i'll be able to use it to take my full size making to the next level. Apart from that I'm sure i'll be around and about and here is an image of me laying down on the laser bed Bond style...
22770016_10155412366264024_6328002068164628997_o.jpg

Hello all,

I'm in British Columbia, Canada.
I've never made any props, but it looks like fun and something I'd like to try. I've done a lot of designing and scratch building RC airplanes, so some of the skill should be applicable to building props.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back