Hi all,

I'm a nubie to the props making game, and thought after seeing this site come up a few times whilst researching how to do stuff it would be good to join. My main interests at the moment are stat wars related but I'm sure that will change over time.

Hello! Oddly, I was already registered with the site since 2012 but apparently my account got deleted due to inactivity, so I am re-making it. I was able to use the same email and User Name, so I assume it was one of those weird things where if you don't post often or in a very long time it deletes the account. No big deal, not sure if things have changed. Back then there was limited periods of registration, so I had to make an account when I had the chance.

Anyhow, I enjoy all kinds of making. Have a lot of projects planned, so we'll see how many I can make the time for. Love the craftsmanship of the people I've seen on this site. A lot of amazing talent here, and I've learned a lot from this site in the past, but here's looking to the future!.

Hey everyone,

I have been lurking on here for a while. really love some of the work, attention to detail and determination that goes on here!

I am fairly new to prop making but i find the process really addicting. Really enjoy getting crafty and concentrating on getting something built.

This is my first ever attempt at a proper prop (the scar from fortnite):
IMG_20180407_123506.jpg

Moving forward, i would love to build the cassette player from Guardians of the Galaxy (the cassette panel that is in the ship - ive seen a few reference posts on here that are really helpful!)

See you around :D

Hi. I'm Candice. I'm having a Harry Potter themed Halloween party this year for my daughter and some friends (I'm a huge fan). So I was searching on google for free/cheap decorating ideas. One site I found said she got a lot of book covers from here, so I thought I'd check it out. If anyone has any free paper props they don't mind sharing, I'd be very grateful.

Hey I'm Lars. Prop making has been a hobby of mine for a while now and I have recently decided to pursue a career in practical effects. I still have a lot to learn and I look forward to learning from all of you!
Here are a few of my past projects
20151216_114001.jpg2ae937bf-f51c-4d99-a082-2f2a957cf8ce.png20170626_170101.jpg20151228_085412.jpg20160322_204334.jpg
(From left to right: Bryar Pistol, grip tape art, space dandy cosplay, Pepakura storm trooper, animal crossing villager head)

Hi, new guy here!

I joined up sometime ago because I thought I wanted to try to dabble in SW props/customes but I found the movie section rather interesting as new SW films was about to come to light. Found many interesting discussions with a load of insight to the films I'd never known before. Sadly, I think with the latest Disney offerings that section of the forum have become rather .. eh .. toxic?

Being an OT guy myself I have very little interest in the politics outside the films and that seem to all people can talk about these days

But, there's a little propmaker growing in me and now I've taken the plunge and bought some Hasbro Clone Trooper helmets to modify and a EE-3 blaster to give the full tour

My background is building a lot of 1:35 Tamiya kits in the 80's and I have recently also started with their re-re RC cars. I also know a lot about electronics so that might be helpfull for someone here

Besides that I'm a huge LEGO nerd!

Looking forward to show you my makes, to help others if I can, and get educated by the amazing talented bunch of people here :love

Cheers,

Ole

Hello everyone!
I love working with my hands so I've turned to prop or cosplay creation. I've taught myself mold/resin making, sewing, 3d printing, and craft foam creation these past two years. I dont have a lot of time after my day job, but my dream is to build a business around providing information so people can pursue their passions, as well as straight up asset creation to sell. For now, I just want to learn and make cool stuffs :3

Cheers!

ShimmyDamper

Hi, I am Michael or MiamiBlue although I live In NC now. We recently purchased an Inn in the mountains and we have decorated it with classic movie posters, scripts, and props. This is why i joined. I would like to add to our collection but we just want classics (pre 1960) not the star Wars stuff, although my son has quite the collection in his room.
Greetings to everyone.

Hi, I am Michael or MiamiBlue although I live In NC now. We recently purchased an Inn in the mountains and we have decorated it with classic movie posters, scripts, and props. This is why i joined. I would like to add to our collection but we just want classics (pre 1960) not the star Wars stuff, although my son has quite the collection in his room.
Greetings to everyone.
Pre 60's, what did you have in mind?

Replica Rosebud sled is one that I want to go with an original Citizen Kane movie poster that I have, really anything from classic movies that can be a talking point at the Inn, (I have a Maltese Falcon that gets a lot of attention) of course having purchased a 99 year old Inn I have to be careful of my spending as we are fixing something every week. You've seen the movie The Money Pit, right? We are living it.
Any suggestions of where to look or who to approach would be greatly appreciated.

Just signed up. I've perused this forum so many times while looking for advice and tips on various projects. This time, I was looking for advice on adhering aluminum to rubber, and I decided to sign up. I might be able to contribute, and I can always learn from more experienced people. I've played around with silicone molding, plaster mold making, craft foam, sewing, etc., mostly for Halloween costumes. This year my husband and I will be Dr. Constantine and a VAD nurse from Doctor Who, The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances. Now I'm off to see if anyone has found an easy way to attach aluminum can bottoms to a rubber gas mask without damaging the mask. I haven't tried yet, and I'd like to know ahead of time what won't work.

Hola, soy un aficionado al mundo de la ciencia ficción, ya sean películas, series de Tv, y sobre todo a construir a escala maquetas relacionadas con este mundo de ficción.
Por ejemplo: Space 1999, Galactica, Star Trek, Star Wars, Aliens, Blade Runner, etc, etc, etc.
Espero encontrar en esta pagina, seguidores que les interese esta afición.

Hello!

I'm new to prop building and am actively exploring and discovering the various communities. I'm currently starting with Star Wars props, my first venture was a Shadowtrooper helmet from ANOVOS and currently just starting to build a full TK stormtrooper armor kit. I came across the RPF in my research for building and modifying my first helmet. So I figured it was time to become part of the community and start contributing myself.

Excited to be here!!

Hi!

This is Eduard from Barcelona Spain.
Almost 3 years into the Prop making. Right now, member of the RL and 501st Legion, and making props from this saga.

Hope I can learn a lot from you guys.

Joined here from hearing Adam Savage talk about it. Want to eventually put together an Elite Dangerous flight suit. So far I've only done a low-fidelity Saruman costume.

Hi!

I am Sander from the Netherlands, and I am a digital artist working on concept art, illustrations and 3D environments for games.
Working 24/7 on the computer, I've developed a craving to craft something by hand. Being fairly new to this, yet overly ambitious I hope this forum will help me tackle some beginner hurdles!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back