re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hi all,

Stumbled upon the community through a miniatures gaming site. I've been making models out of paper for several years for 40k. I always try to do something for a friends annual Ween party, and I'm thinking about a Warmachine costume, or possibly even a power armoured space marine.

I'm looking at pepakura now and wondering what the best tutorial link is. I'm gather it is a straight forward, though complex and detailed process. I'm looking forward to it.

Curt

Hello all! I'm new, obviously. Currently working on a really fun project I'll make a post about eventually. GO SMOOTH ON PRODUCTS, YEAH!!

I was shown this community by a friend of mine. Can't wait to see what I can learn here! My father is a sculptor/toy maker/mad inventor for over thirty years and I have been apprenticing under him since graduating college.

I'm 25, a girl, and I need an avatar now! ((goes off to personalize her account)) :D

Hello everyone,
I've been checking out this site for a while and finally registered after missing the last chance :D
ex MUA and at present i'm building a warmachine costume and have pep'd the left arm. helmet, cod piece and abs. previous pep i've done and continuing to do are predator helm and the t-51b power armour from fallout 3. when i've got some way further into the build i'll post up some progress..I look forward to chatting and posting :thumbsup :cheers

Hello everybody!

Finally remembered to register while the registration was open!
I'm from Norway, I'm 20 years old, and I've been building props and costumes for a couple of years now, and I'm looking forward to learning more from the fantastic people here on the RPF. I scratch built a Boba Fett suit, that I'm slowly upgrading and making more and more accurate. I also built a Master Chief costume that I later sold. Building a new one now though, and contemplating about maybe making some batman props, and maybe a costume. On the prop side, I've build a lot of swords and gun for various cosplays.

Hello, I was registered here previously but haven't been on for a while (except through friend's accounts to show me something cool now and again). I decided to join again though so I could follow some stuff I was interested in...

Hello , the names Coco (Colin) from Scotland , member of the 501st UKG and the Mando Mercs , have a massive interest in props , making a GB pack at the moment , hope to gain some advice and hopefully pass some on, cheers

Hello, I'm Woceyes i am new to the whole prop making thing and i am currently working on a lightsabor hilt inspired by Ryan vs Dorkman. I hope to learn new and exciting ways to make props, costumes, and art in General.

Hi everybody!

Short introduction - A few years back I got into filmmaking, which led to a prop making hobby, which led to a CNC hobby which led to a Aluminum casting hobby, LOL well I haven't gotten back to any filmmaking but I've been doing CNC stuff for a few years now and recently made a few props for a buddy and he suggested I sign up here! :)

OK I promised to keep it short! :) check out my site if your interested and shoot me an email if you need anything CNC'd - most things I've done are under $100 so I know I'm cheaper than the "real" CNC shops as it's just a hobby for me :)

Jamie

Hey guys, I'm just here to admire all you talented guys. I do collect BTTF props and replicas which I will post pics of soon.

Hi everyone
I'm new here
nice to join with you

Hi everyone,

Im craig and i live over in England ,Ive been waiting for the registration to be open so i can join :love

Ive been costuming for a few months now and am a member if the costumed alliance http://www.thecostumedalliance.co.uk

Have only done a few troops but i absolutly love it:thumbsup

Hello everyone. I am a computer animator who picked up interest in prop making about 2 years ago. I am a member of COW where I post as cntrctkllr, so some of you may have seen my work on my printed grail diary which I will be posting here shortly. I really enjoy working on paper props, but my interest in larger props like the proton pack is starting to increase.

I've waited for a while for registrations to open again, as I missed the last couple opportunities. So I am really glad to have finally joined your talented community.

Hello everyone!

I'm (obviously) new to the forum, and I've joined so as to be able to admire people's props etc. but also to be able to get inspiration for making my own costumes, and things for my 1/6 scale figures!

Hi, my name is Connor. I am junior in Mechanical Engineering at Purdue University, but my home is in LA.

I now have an obsession with props, but I am not one to just buy anybody's old thing. I definitely have my eye on starting to make replica props myself, as my dream is to be in special effects and prop making. I am definitely a weekend-projecter.

I think my first few projects will be Indiana Jones' replicas. I found a replica Raiders idol in a local toy store, the vinyl one that acts as a bank. This is easily one of my most proud purchases. I immediately dreamed of having a basement that is completely decorated to look like the 'crypt' or treasure room from Raiders where the idol is housed, and at the end on the pedestal is the idol itself. I would also love a staff of Ra piece necklace, Cross of Coronado as well as a grail and grail tablet (hand made). Ultimate goal: tomb of Sir Richard replica coffin and shield/armor/body.

My most achievable current project is to get an Indiana Jones costume together for my dad. He's 56 and looks a little like Harrison Ford. He could easily be one of the best 'old Indys' out there. I wouldn't need the jacket, and I've sourced the shirt already.

Props after these? H.E.L.P.eR. from Venture Bros, a Rick Deckard pistol, and a full-on Western get up.

Happy propping, and I hope the osmosis knowledge effect works over broadband.

EDIT: My summer project, beyond getting my dad's costume together, is a BTTF Hoverboard - longboard. I'm in college, what do you expect?

Howdy Y'all. Finally made the transition over to the RPF. I have had several people from the 405th.com suggest that I check it out while registration was open. I have been into making props since September of 2009, and focus mostly on Halo related materials, specializing in the new Halo: Reach armor and its various permutation. I generally work with Pepakura as a base for my builds, but do some scratch building. I have a little experience with 3d modeling as a Mechanical Engineering student at BYU in Utah, but mostly work with others to develop and unfold models. I do have some experience molding, and cast most of the props that I build. I find it is a great way to spend what little free time I have.

Hey all -

So I found this site searching for Darkwing Duck's gasgun toy (which my mom wouldn't let me have as a kid! abuse.). Anyway, I saw someone was going to model one and I swooned a little bit.

Even though I'm in academia right now (phd program, 2nd year) - my floofy dream is work in props. I can't really draw or sew worth a crap, but I've always been good at making things in three dimensions. I taught myself how to do leather-work, and made some money making miniature versions of Captain Jack Sparrow's pirate hat for owners of those Japanese collectible dolls (Pullip, SD13, Super Dolfie).

Anyway, I love to learn, and I figured this would be a good place to research what actual prop making is about =)

Hi, my name is Christina. I was directed here when doing a google searh for Sith cheerleader uniforms. I had seen it mentioned before on other forum posts for the 501st etc, but hadn't made it over. I barely got here in time for registration and look forward to seeing what you all have to say.

I am interested in costuming, I am just learning how to make my own stuff, before I adapted ready made stuff to my purposes and called it good enough. I want to improve on that and look forward to learning from what seems to be a really knowledgeable group of people!!

Hello,

Great to finally get on here.
I am currently a member in the 501st Dune Sea Garrison. I have Sandtrooper armor and have just started working on an Airborne Trooper costume. I am an avid Indiana Jones collector and am interested in learning more about prop building.

Mitch

My handle is kidUltron... obviously. I also go by Remy, or my real name to those few who know me by face.
I've been slapping replica props and armor together since I was old enough to use a paper mache and a propane torch (obviously not at the same time >.>).

First costume I put together myself was a StormTrooper for the Star Wars Special Edition premiers. It was a combination of a skillfully painted sweatsuit(with huge thanks to my father, the man who taught me how to turn ANYTHING into something else) and found object plastic bits worked to each other. I was 12 at the time.

I have a habit of getting in over my head when my mouth fires off before my brain can say "NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Case in point the project that finally got me to sign up on here after all these years.
That project being IronMan (yes, another IM suit) for a local library Children's Event.
I'm planning on Pep for the Helm and a combo of Pep and the method observed so well by Fetts.Sobriquet on this forum. (I've also got only 2 months to do it). Fortunately my lovely and talented fiance is helping me with the Pep and as it turns out is a natural at it and much better than I am.

Of note I hope to contribute back to the forums as well. A friend (who is an electrical engineer) and I are going to be adding in a light and audio rig to the suit. I'll try an get his OK to post up some help and details on it here. Assuming he doesn't blow me up. (We tried making a Tesla Coil once, don't ask.) My fiance has said she wants to do up some renders for use in Pep to Unfold. So we'll try an share those once they're done.

Naturally if anyone has any help/tips/recommended reading for me, feel free to shoot me a line. I'm shy in person, not in type. I'm also a big believer in shared knowledge, otherwise I probably wouldn't be a librarian. So any help I can offer by way of my own trials and failures I'll be sure to help as I can.

Hello fellow proppers! I'm Everett, and am one of the founders of the Houston Area Ghostbusters. I heard about this board through some members of the 501st (which I may join up sometime soon), but right now I'm just a Ghostbuster. I've built a proton pack, complete with lights and sounds, and a few liberties, but is about 90% accurate.

If anyone would like to check out the Houston Area Ghostbusters, click on the link in my sig!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back