re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Howdy,
I'm Tom from Seattle. I just recently got into prop replicas. I've completed a Proton Pack and Trap from Ghostbusters and look forward to many more projects!

Hi everyone,

I'm Jeremy and pretty new here! Interested in Star Wars and Daft Punk costumes. Anybody know why I can't post in the junkyard forum?

hi im geo i just stated making pepakure props and i enjoy it and it keep me busy .i wanna learn more about makin things.:cool i made 2 army of two mask and them came out pretty cool

Hello all, big fan of this forum and the work that is on display. Glad to be a member!

Hey Everyone!

Sam here from Orlando. Love props and building a collection slowly, heard there are some talented people on here doing amazing things. Cant wait to see whats in the junkyard sometime in the future.

Sam:rolleyes

Hi all,
I'm from Alaska, I've been lurkin around here for a while, so I thought I'd finally join... Ive been costuming for the last 5 or 6 years, but I would really love to get into prop making! I've tried to make a few props in the past, but I didn't do so well. Hopefully all the useful information on these forums can help me! My first project is a Pipboy 3000 from Fallout. So far it is going pretty good!

Just thought I would introduce myself.
I am from England and am currently assembling a movie accurate esb Darth vader.
I won't be wearing it but I will be building it onto a mannequin where it will stand in my office and probably scare the **** out of my kids (will probably keep them out of my office altogether :) ).
Look forward to having some lighthearted banter with other likeminded people.

Hey everyone,

I've finally decided to get into the prop building community full swing. I've been a big fan of movies since before my attention span was long enough to sit through one. My dream job would be building props for the film industry.

Right now, I'm a mechanical engineer for an electronics design and manufacturing company. I've been on a business trip for the better part of the last 6 months, and the extra cash I'm making (and saving, don't have to pay for gas!) has allowed me to set up my machine shop.

I've currently got a Grizzly g0602 10x22 lathe waiting for me on the loading dock at work. On Feb 25th, my Grizzly g0704 milling machine comes in from backorder. I will be converting both to CNC, the mill immediately and the lathe a bit further down the road. I'll be adding a CNC 4th axis to the mill.

The only prop I've made so far is a handcrafted Mal Reynolds pistol from Firefly. My first project is with the mill is going to be a metal Mal with my own little twist. I'll probably make one screen accurate too, but brass is expensive!

I've also recently discovered jurassicjeep.com and am looking for a good candidate to convert. The making of Jurassic Park was what got me interested in film making, so the jeep is a natural choice for me. I also plan on making a Barbasol cryocan. And then there's the night vision goggles. I've been looking for the lenses for a while, and havn't had any luck. I'm pretty sure I can get close with just making some dummy lenses. I know not much has materialized in the form of these goggles, but I'm gonna give it my best shot.

Anyway, just thought I'd introduce myself and my plans. Good luck everyone, and I can't wait to contribute to this hobby in a pretty big way.

Drew

Wow lots of FL people in here. Tampa myself. I'm mainly a DW fan, but long time sci fi fan and prop builder.

I used to do tons of homemade films and props for star trek and other shows in my youth. Going as far as having a local cable access show and working many PBS pledge drives in support of DW and other BBC shows.

These days I've been busy with a family, grad school, writing music and fan fiction & original works. However I'd like to return to electronics and prop building after I accumulate some decent woodworking tools.

Once I get a few props under my belt, I'd also like to do some short fan films.

ello.
I'm Lunar. I'm living in Delaware.
Found this place a few months back and just now joining.
I've been into making miniatures mostly, but in the last few years I have been making
small items from some video games, comics, a few movies. I'll be getting my first house soon and will have a master bedroom to convert into a personal studio, so I'm looking forward to expanding my skills.
*waves*

Hey I am new the forum...found it trying to find some info on either a Quorra or Tron Siren costume. Love the site. I do not have my own props to make any...I am sure I could if I had the time or money but I never do. lol Thanks for the tips :)

Howdy. I'm Dunkhelzahn, and I live down in Australia.

Found this site while looking up some stuff for Fallout costumes, the NCR ranger and PipBoy 3000 threads in particular drawing me here. I've got very little experience with any of this real hard-line, lathing and sawing stuff, but hey, everyone starts at the bottom. Hopefully I'll get to contributing some things soon, mainly Fallout related, that being what I'm most obsessed with (for now, at least).

Absolutely loving some of the amazing stuff that comes through this board, you guys have some real amazing talent!

Introduction, Hello all

Hey all
Ill take this time to indroduce my self,
Some of you may know me from around,
Name is James ,Im a 30 yr old from Sydney, Australia,
My main intrest is Fett and then other Start wars helmets,
But im a fan of any nice looking helmet in TV n films(sci fi preferably)
Studying to be a TAFE teacher, but im starting to lean towards working in the prop industry due to a few offers ive had (Its a hard call do what i love or do what ive been working towards for some time now)
Any way I mostly make helmets and maquettes (most of which are Fett)
I prefer making alll my own stuff , Than working with other peoples ,
Im also in the prosses of trying to aquire 1 of each of all the Fett helmets ever made, fan made and commpany made. one day i hope to have them all
This is one of my helmets cast from a lid I made, it paintedin the Jedi paint style , the paint jobs not great but but it was a learning experiance ,
Thanx for reading ,
James

Hey! I'm Matt from WA. and I found this site looking for examples of the data disks from Tron Legacy. I make props often for cosplaying, I post some pics on Cosplay.com: Cosplay.com - hirurux's Profile
Right now im working on a Sam costume from Tron, along with some guns from S4 League if you've played it.

Hey, I'm Sinn, from Holland! Although I'm not really a big propmaker myself, I love to see all the stuff you guys are doing on here. There are some really talented people on this forum.

Also, I'm working on some WH13/Eureka inspired stuff (wich is how i found this site), and the research in the WH13 farnsworth topic has really helped me with this!

Hi everyone!

I'm a designer and illustrator by trade - in Austin TX. I just found this forum after hunting for a Maltese Falcon replica, and was lured in by Oz's fantastic work - now I will have the perfect dingus to live alongside my 1930 edition of the book.

I'm amazed by the talent and ingenuity I'm seeing here - really amazing stuff everyone - I'm like a kid in a candy store looking thru all the threads. Glad to have found you all.

maltesefalcon.jpg

Hi everybody!
my name is Michael, I'm 22yo and from Germany.
Months ago I came across Volpin's "How to build a Daft Punk helmet in 17 months", afterwards I wanted to know who the hell this guy is, and over his blog I came to this Forum here, and i LOVE it!
It's fantastic to see what is possible with a plan and the right know-how, and it's such an inspiring place

Hi,

My name's James, from New-Brunswick Canada.

Been a member for a few months now, but only recently started getting interested in making/purchasing props for my collection.

Very informative stuff on here. Love following people's prop build progress threads. :)

I am happy to be part of this group. It has provided insight into my new obsession with the Dark Sith Lord Vader and my helmet collection. One wasn't good enough, or two, or three or four.... So here I am in search of the search. I am not a prop guy but a fan that would love to have all the tools to make these things but for now will be content on slight modifications and upgrades. If my Rubies Sumpreme costume was acceptable I wouldn't be here today. Thanks for the welcome.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back