re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

I'm usually a soft-costumer (ie, I do a lot of sewing) but I do also do some resin casting and sculpting. I've done some gun repaints and some minor modifications.

Here's photos of a NERF Maverick that I modded a little.
http://aimeemajor.com/images/costumes/steampunk/steamgun.jpg
http://aimeemajor.com/images/costumes/steampunk/SteamPunkFAVES-057.jpg
SteamPunkFAVES-054.jpg

and these are some resin pieces I sculpted, cast and painted (all the silver bits)
http://aimeemajor.com/images/costumes/pvtshoot-trinityblood-52.jpg
pvtshoot-trinityblood-17.jpg

Hey, nice to join. People call me rob, and I am from GA. Ive mostly been into sentai, but have always loved star wars, alien, batman, etc. Haven't ever displayed, just mostly a collector. Also collect sports cars (when It permits)

I joined the RPF a while ago, and I have commented a few times, but never properly introduced myself.

I joined because there are a few movie prop replicas I would love to have, but are not easily available. I guess the biggest three would have to be a PROPER Maltese Falcon (no Haunted Studios crap), Deckard's Whiskey Bottle from Blade Runner (my favorite movie of all time), and the Fertility Idol from Indiana Jones.

I cant believe these things just aren't all over the place. Who wouldn't want to look over at their mantle and see a Maltese Falcon? Heck their should be a special Blu-Ray release that comes with a statuette.

I don't have any real talent at making props, so I guess I am here just to find things others have made. I can't sculpt, so I can't make my own Falcon or Idol, but I have thought about trying to make something like a Ghostbusters Proton Pack. We will see.

I love movies and live in Charleston, SC.
Hello everyone.

Last edited:

Hello, blue2k here. Just thought I'd pop in and say hello. Been a lurker for years, but never really had anything to contribute. I think it's time for a change. There are some fantastic prop makers here on this board, and perhaps one day I may also be part of that process.

I don't really have anything to say about myself. I found this forum while trying to find information about the screen used bombs made famous by various movies; the kinda that are terrible for stealth operations where you actually might care about completing the mission with a big boom.

My props...where to even begin on that one?

hi guys, my name is Lee Newsome, Im based in the UK. been lurking for a while, hope to get involved a bit more.

Hi,

My name is Cassandra, I'm from TN. I found this forum a few months ago while searching for a paint that would give a chrome-like finish to the Gunblade I made. I've done a few other props including staves, swords, and small sculpted/cast items. I'm currently starting on my first suit of fiberglass armor. I'm looking forward to learning a lot here.

hi guys gav here all the way from western australia been a member for a while but first time posting :) love costuming as ima member of the 501st and made my costume :) massive gears of war fan and am looking into makng my own suit :D thanks

Hello from Boston

I'm Boston Andy. Huge Lucasfilm fanboy. THX 1138 and. American Graffiti being my favorite of his. Star Wars, Indy, BTTF, BSG, Farscape are just some what I collect and costume.

Been waiting to join this site for a long time now.

Hello all

I found this fourm in the quest to build a Han Solo in carbonite. I have found some great friendly people. I have also found some other cool stuff along my journey. I am glad you all accepted me. I think I have a new addiction

Hello everyone, my name is Shay and i currently reside in Indiana.

I have been making costumes for about 7 years and now I'm looking into making props as well. I found this site while looking for reference photos for making some Harry Potter replicas. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and I'd like some props that aren't sold on eBay, Noble Collection, or WBShop.

Hi. I stumbled onto this site while I`m working on a Jawa costume for my son. I just started making props and costumes recently to make pieces for a local convention at the end of April. I hope to find some help for some of my ideas.

Hi everyone. Glad to be here, thanks for the oppertunity to view such amazing talent and information

Hello, my name is hervé and i currently reside in france.
je suis un collectionneur de props papier, j'ai actuellement 1500 props papier

for those who are interested, I give my collection in a zip file.
excuse my English I use a translator lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello all. Lurker here for a while but looking to start giving a voice. Thanks for all of the info I have slowly been gleaning from everyone's posts.

Aloha, just started proping and costuming. Current costumes: Ghostbusters, SMB movie. Soon to be: cartoon Double Dragon, Senate Guard, Stormtrooper Commander

Hey everyone! Brand new to the forums, and I'm loving it here! This is the site I've been dreaming about, and I'm glad I finally found it! I can't wait to delve even deeper into the depths! This. Site. Rules. ^_^

Hey, I'm Gwen and I'm from Canada.
My training is as a make-up artist and I've been sculpting, sewing, etc for ages. I have had a lot of experience making props specifically, but I'd like to start doing more. I'm glad I found this place, seems like a good resource for those times when I need advice.

Hi Guys,

I'm Ace, I've been a lurker on here for ages now and just figured I would join. I've been making Props for about three years now on a very low budget and things I have lying around my house. It wasn't until Last year did I discover I actually had a talent for making scarecrow masks. So far the last one I made has been the best so far. Thank you Batman begins movie masters figure ^^

this was the first mask I made In '05 didn't put it to any use till a few months ago
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/318/0/e/arkham_escape_by_ace_ofknaves-d32u1rb.jpg

An here's the New one, Its currently Missing the attached noose because I haven't figured out how to attach it to the mask yet. http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/014/3/b/3bb6ae66d932e233d8ed3646bd1dae97-d377k37.jpg

I would Love to Learn how to make better props an such but Budget is against it. Bartending only gets me so far XD

hey im geo i just got into doing prop replica........i did 3 army of two mask and getiing stated on a halo weapon........im in to all type of movies.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back