Hello all!

We are Leather Clad Legends! We are a small company located in Texas specializing in custom leather work. The lead designer and creator behind LCL is Kevin Dale. Kevin has been working with leather as a hobby since 2000 and in 2014 established Leather Clad Legends with his wife Chelsea. We are excited to join The RPF and to get to share some of our work and projects. Feel free to check out our Facebook page (linked in our profile) if you'd like to see more of what we do! Thank you for welcoming us! Looking forward to getting to see everyone's work and share our own.

Thank you!

hiccup_armor_by_leathercladlegends-d9j0kjv.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Group this is Alex Mack aka ASM1980 I am a avid reader of Comics and Manga. I am also a Actor/Comedian and Cosplayer. I thank you for allowing me into this fantastic community. I will be picking all of your brains and harvesting knowledge on my quest.

Hello to the community, my name is John and I am also very new to prop making. I have been trying to attend college for Game Design for a while now but financial matters keep coming up. I figured "since i have some 3d knowledge, why not put it to use?" so here I am. I am currently trying to build a business in the 3d modeling/printing field and a cosplay acquaintance of mine Ani-Mia suggested I check you guys out. I hope to be able to talk with many of you more and to be able to learn a lot.
Thanks for having me,
John

Hello PRF!

I'm located in Fresno California. I have always had a love for model making and I wish to expand my knowledge by utilizing this forum.

Hi!

My name is Gustavo, I'm from Mexico. I've been collecting some odd trinkets here and there. But I finally jump all in, trying to ensemble my first Han Solo complete costume in time for the Force Awakens. Been introduced to the forum via Tested and I hope to be able to contribute in the near future.

My future projects may include an Indiana Jones costume and probably I will dwell into props inspired by Destiny (the video game) trying to replicate my favorite loadout in game.

Best!

Hi Everyone,

I am so happy to be a member finally. I've seen so many post here and I am here to learn. I am so excited to start.

I am from Arizona. Thank you for making me a member.

Hey there RPF folks.

i've known about this community for a while but never really took a crack at it until now. I run GiveWave Studios in downtown Lowell MA, which is in short a cosplay "maker space". I share my knowledge with the community at large by means of foam smithing classes on Saturdays and also allowing individuals to come work out of the studio space if they have larger than living room builds. I have a thing for villains so my personal cosplays consist of mostly that.

View attachment CERVANTES-proper-white2.jpg11898888_10152979106196956_4938152427644970069_n.jpgIMG_04412.jpg11850740_1145147038832323_6291716153044836531_o.jpg

I do commission work full-time and my materials of choice are EVA & leather, although I do an absurd amount of 3D printing and laser cutting as well for client projects. I hope to learn as much from this community and share just as much + I'm always happy to help with small projects if anyone needs it ( really small, don't overdo it ^_^ ) anything beyond that we talk more about.

Cheers!

- Give

Hello All,
I've been lurking around for a few weeks and decided to jump into the party. I'm located in the Bay Area, California. I've had a push towards props from playing around with a 3d printer. I've enjoyed building things and doing sculptures but haven't gone too deep with it. I have a background in vfx and been looking to do more art outside the digital. I'm on a sabbatical of sorts from vfx to try some new things. Looking foreword in sharing and seeing around.

Hi!
I decided recently to get into cosplay and I really like the idea of making my own props. I guess I made my first prop at the age of 11 when I saw a rubber-band gun - basically a wooden gun-shaped form with a clothespin for a trigger - then went home and made one from scratch. I've puttered with a few things off and on since then.

I'm a huge Star Wars fan. I vividly recall sitting in a movie theatre in a small Southern town and just being blown away by the armour, blasters, lightsabers and other costumes. I also love the Stargate franchise. My best friend and I have been talking about the work the 501st Legion does and how nice it would be to combine my interest in props and costumes to do some good and make people happy.

I'd like to talk to some of you and pick your brains about a good intro project. Please let me know if you might be interested in to me. Thanks!

Hi There. I'm looking for accurate 3d print files or someone selling 3d printed parts for Reys staff. Ep7 anyone help me?? Merry Xmas.

Hi RPF staff and users!
I am Chris from Germany and have been around here as a guest for a while, ever since I built my first (and only) costume (a Mass Effect suit).
I now want to complete it with the helmet because back then there were no foam files for it. When I found jfcustoms pdo I thought I could as well register here ;)

I spend most of my crafting time modifying Nerf blasters, mostly as Larp props.

For the future, I am planning to look more into the worbla world.

Last edited:
Hi,
Just registered as i am interested in doing some pepakura builds. so hopefully ill find a good/easy project to start on. Any suggestions on where to start?

Howdy!

The name's Nicole...long-time lurker, first-time poster. I live in Wisconsin while missing my home state of Illinois. I don't get to cosplay too much as I'm usually staffing any convention I go to, but recently I decided to build up my love for prop- and armor-making (since I currently can't sew to save my life).

I don't have that many custom builds yet, but I will be posting about my first major prop build shortly...the reverse bear trap from Saw. Currently I'm in the process of building PROJECT: Leona's armor from the game League of Legends.

rbt.jpg bp.jpg

Outside of all that, I'm a chemist by day, roller derby diva by night, gamer 24/7. I'm a reality show reject that gets to visit the occasional big con as a PlayStation Brand Ambassador (that is, if I'm not already working said con). I've got a bit of dry humor and a weird writing style to boot, so don't be surprise if my build threads act like their own mini stories.

That's it for now - take care!

Hi everyone! I'm Voss!

I do some low level costuming. Looking forward to getting some great inspiration from this site :)

Hello, and thank you for the welcome...I stumbled onto this site looking for accessories for children's costumes, but I'm intrigued about the creativity and talent here. Thank you for the welcome.

Hey everyone! New to the community and already loving the RPF. I make costumes and a small amount of props but have recently discovered a love for makeup and prosthetics and would love to make some creature builds. My most recent costume was Maleficent where I tried my hand at sculpting the horns and then casting them.

Kym Cosplay Australia.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8860 use if uploading to facebook.png
    IMG_8860 use if uploading to facebook.png
    718.8 KB · Views: 175
Found this forum while looking for stuff to upgrade my War Doctor costume before Wizard World Portland... Got some good ideas... Would post a picture of last year's iteration but can't figure out how....

Hello! My name is Madelaine. I was referred to therpf.com from a friend. I don't currently have any props. However, I love Marvel and DC, so anything prop related to their movies/shows would be just awesome. And I honestly like anything SciFi, also. Thanks for having me! *waves*

Hi!
My name is Nick from the netherlands,
and for the past years i've been teaching myself the art of 3d modeling.
About 4 years ago i started leather work and that is a real craftsmanship and from there i started to do a few game related items.
That's when i got excited about doing replicas from games, and i try to be as (game) accurate as possible so when possible i use game models themselves and clean them up. then convert them into high poly when needed.

A few samples of my work.
Assassins Creed:942116_356021111164391_658737139_n.jpg936735_356798917753277_229757012_n.jpg11200793_717896754976823_4019995309877585909_n.jpg
Other bracelets:177028_295574790542357_2065735685_o.jpg680455_295210627245440_815648260_o.jpg680403_296641463769023_1830710990_o.jpg

My dog's collar:1376411_622897617810071_8938391024747832062_n.jpg11924536_738574559575709_4257511178606330875_n.jpg

Some renders from my 3d pieces:
prev_reach_helm_07_v3.pngAW_Grenade_Prev3.png

And i just launched my 1st thread for this bad boy:
r3.jpgr2.jpg
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=252038&highlight=Celestial+Nighthawk

Well i should post more often i guess i've been a sleeping member for over a year now:lol
I've seen some of the skills around here and i am really inspired by them so i'm glad to be a part of this community

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back