Greetings everybody !
Nice to see so many people with the same interests as I have.
To introduce myself, I am from Amsterdam and been on this forum a lot of times, did my own Ironman Helmet once with paper and now looking to build full armor 'n stuff.
Wish me luck !!

Hello, the name is Edward. I recently started working making props which got me interested in costuming. Now I want to learn more and that's why I am here. To learn from those that have been there done that and have the experience and willingness to pass on my what they know. Excited to get my hands busy building something.

Hey Guys.

So I'm a professional special effects artist working in the south pacific but have created a few of my own props from the films that inspired me. I though I'd join on to show some of the stuff I've done and or give some pointers where it may help you guys to create your awesome stuff.

Cheers

Hi everyone
I'm Daniel. I prefer to be called Danieru (the Japanese version of my name). I found out about this site of Adam savage and tested.com being interested in video games and robotics as well as computers I wanted to start off prop making myself. hoping to seek advice on how to start cheep and how to make them the best quality i can any advice is appreciated and it be good to meet you all :) .

Good Morning all.

Just took the plunge and jumped from being a lurker to a member because I decided it was time I actually did something. I've had an itch to design/build prop replicas for the longest time and inevitably my searching led me here.

Mad Firefly and Star Wars fan so my initial loves revolve around those, however I can be persuaded into other corners of the Sci-Fi world.

I really have no idea where to start, so I apologise ahead of time for chew all you're ears off with questions over the next few months before I start my first project.

Anyway, have fun, and Happy Holidays!!

Hello all,

newest member here. I'm from the lovely city of Ghent in (the these days rather negatively portrayed in media) Belgium. I'm new to the entire prop- and cosplay scene and I'm mostly interested in working props. I came here mainly to see if someone did a Doctor Who Confession DIal yet.

Big star wars fan, big Batman fan. Although the other Marvel/DC comics are growing on me.
Otherwise I'm always into the computergame-based stuff.

So yeah, that's about it. Let's see where this will take me

Hi All,

New to RPF, although have seen many post from people on FB

Mostly interested in Star Wars, and R2-D2.
But tips an trick are always useful on any project.

Drew

Hello Everyone, seen all the great work in hear, so will be looking for a load of advice:) first question anyone know were you can buy quality Jedi costume from in the UK?

Cheers

Hi everybody!

Ive been lurking on this site for a couple of years now but I've never made an account as I've never really had anything to contribute to all of your amazing work. I'm in awe of this site and love going through all the builds and the brainstorming. I'm currently building a hoverboard from BTTF2 but that's about it. I've built airfix kits for many years since I was a child and still do to this day.

Glad to finally be a part of this great community.

Hello folks!

Long time lurker finally signed up.
27 years old Norwegian maritime engineer.

Mostly been doing modelling, but is eager to try my hand at some costume building as well as other cool stuff.
I am planning to start a Darth Vader costume after the Christmas holidays, but we will see what i end up doing.

See you around the forum,
Cheers

Hello all!

I happen to come across this this site by searching though Google's myriad of links and was amazed by what I found after a few searches through the site.

I am very new to prop and garment creation in general, but I am in awe of the talent and dedication that goes into the creation of the garments and props for the work. I joined to continue to browse the forums (and not be so much of a stalker, haha) and get to know everyone.

All the best!
-Jade

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everybody.

I'm new here. I'm from Turkey, Kuşadası. It's a nice city for a vacation if you are interest. ;)

I'm really new at this costum or prop making things... But I hope, I will learn from you guys so much.

Hi all,

I thought I'd registered here years ago, but I guess not! So I changed it! It's certainly a place that fits in with my interests, so I should have done so a lot sooner!

I have a number of original prop items and paperwork from films and television shows, and enjoy building replicas and restoring original props. I also enjoy video games and restoring arcade machines.

Look forward to talking to you all in the forums!

Greetings.
Been collecting props for some time. Love anything sci-fi, action-adventure, horror. Love, love love Star Wars and all things related. Also a big Predator/Aliens fan.
Thanks for having me.

Hello,
Brand new noob to the RFP, found myself here a few months ago reading pages and pages of a Millennium Falcon cockpit build until the wee hours of the night. Then I read a post on tested.com about Han's blaster and the good work people do here...so here I am. I'm dipping my toes in the building world with a x-wing model kit from The Force Awakens but I'm think that I should just let go my conscience self and trust my instincts. So in my head as of now I'll likely be on here for: Anakin Skywalker Lightsaber hilt, Blastech DL-44, an Old Republic Jedi Armor costume, and round it off with M41A Pulse Rifle.

I work for a University in Athletics as a video coordinator (fancy title for video guy) who plays a lot of video games (SW:TOR lately) and tabletop RPGs with friends when I can.

Thanks and happy building!

Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

Hello all I am New to all of this so tips hints and lots of help needed and appreciated...

- - - Updated - - -

Hello all I am New to all of this so tips hints and lots of help needed and appreciated...

Hey everyone! I'm new to the community, but have been costuming for close to a decade now. I finally got the chance to join after friends have been urging me for a couple of years. I currently run a small LLC where I do patches for costumes and general nerdy interests, and am always open to custom requests! I enjoy playing video games (mostly MMOs - Blizzard games are my passion), and I write articles for d20crit.com and co-host a weekly podcast about World of Warcraft.

I'm hoping to up my prop making skills and game, and expand my horizons for my own costuming skills, and look forward to meeting more of you and learning!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back