My name is Sean Bell
I'm new to this so excuse me. I am currently working on a Phillies phanatic costume and could use some help designing how to make the mouth work. I am also working on a general previous costume.I am currently working on a bender from futerama for Halloween next year. I plan on starting a Chewbacca costume in the future.

Last edited:
Let's introduce myself :)

Hello, i'm french artist. I live in britain, i found the adress of your website following a link on an instagram post of amazing Sci-Fi helmets. I subscribed here to see if i would be able to do one prop one day. I like a lot drawing machines, robots, i sculpt, i model and print with a 3D printer.

Hi everyone

Im from Manchester England and i stumbled across this site while looking for Starwars helmets for my 10 year old son he likes Kylo Ren. Both he and i are Starwars fans and i enjoy making things and he is following in my footsteps. Some of the things that people have made on here are awesome and if i can figure out how to download some of the pep files I'm sure i could give it a good go with my son helping me. I have a strong mechanical background with lots of fabrication, fibreglassing and I'm quite good with electronics too as i work in the motor trade.

Hello folks,
I've glommed lots of great stuff here and thanks.
Have interests in Star Wars, Serenity, 5th Element, Jupiter Rising, HALO, 1860's -enacting, Norse, Medieval, RPG , LARP , any Space Opera related. Me and mammasan hang with our daughters whenever possible at anime and comicon events. Have done a bunch of pirate costuming for yearly fundraising events, some to keep our state parks offa the choppa block. Raised the girls on D & D, Call of Cthulu, Traveller and Metamorphisos Alpha, Middle Earth rpg's...

Current projects are Hans blaster from the cheapo c96 airsoft fleamarket find. I plan on weathering, flash hider, tube sight and replacing the plastic grip scales with maybe Walnut.

I was 11 when Star Wars first came out and it inspired an entire life with modeling, space, Jedi's and adventure.

Glad to be here,
Mark

Hi,
I´m Radek aka Redanthalas, I´m from middle Europe and English is my second language, so please excuse my bad grammar and spelling.
Mostly LARPer, and a historical reanactor (late 14. century), but i did some cosplays as well. I can smith a little bit, cast metals, I´m familiar with sewing, leatherworking and designing clothing and armor. I always use materials available to the character. (With the exeption of LARP weapons)

Right now I´m working on the Mastercrafted version of Bear gear from Witcher 3, elven knight (although I have no horse, so it´s more like heavy infantry) and Destiny inspired sci-fi scout armour.
After that, I´m planing to make an original necromancer armor, Bonemold set from Elder Scrolls, or something else. I´ll see.

That´s about it, I´ll post more on some dedicated thread.
Hopefully I won´t get that much hate, and I´ll try to provide some helpful advise from time to time.
Radek.

Hello, I'm a new member to the forum, although I have lurked and been an admirer of this forum many times in the past, I just thought it was about time I showed my face (metaphorically speaking) in the community!

My interests include but are not limited to... Star Wars, Star Trek, Halo, POTC & WW2.

I hope you welcome me with arms open! (And holding lightsabers)

New to the site and found it while working on an ANH Obiwan costume for the Star Wars VII premiere. Whole family is dressing up. I wanted to create my own lightsaber and found some great tools on the site already. Big fan of all things Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel and most Sci-Fi period. After this ANH costume, my next project is a solid Walking Dead walker costume. Glad to be here! Here's a shot of the lightsaber I finished this weekend.

Be kind, it was my first time working with an airbrush to do anything.

6 Final.JPG

Hi all, my name is Glenn. I live in North eastern Ohio. Just recently discovered prop and armor making will browsing the web. Decided to take the plunge as it seems like a natural extension of my love of movies and games. Been working on a set of Jedi Battlelord armor for a few weeks and just started a thread on it yesterday. Love the amazing work I've seen on this site and look forward to talking to you all about it.

Last edited:
Hi All, Very new to the Forum. I Heard about it while listening to the "Still untitled" pod-cast with the guys from Tested. Originally from Near Windsor in the UK but now based in rainy Wales! Have made a few bits a pieces previously, but wanting to endeavour into more props etc, Can't sat i'm too bothered about costumes. but anyway, HI ALL!

Hi,
I just registered and am working on my first project, USCM foam armor. Well, when I say first project, that's a bit of a mis-statement. It's my first personal armor project. I'm a compulsive tinkerer and into just about every form of craft there is. I've built props from movies, games, and comics for years, but never a suit of armor for myself. I came here looking for some help with the USCM stuff, a long time wish list item for me, and found a nice community. I hope to be a positive part of that.

Hello all. San Diego native here. I recently got into prop making a year ago and got interested in doing costuming. While learning t o sew is one thing, be able to work with other materials is a pretty cool thing to me . So I'm here to learn from those that have been busy at it long before me.

Hello everyone! I'm David and I'm a mechanical engineer, currently in Michigan but moving back to California soon. I had a job in the auto industry for a little while after graduating, but it wasn't what I was hoping it to be. Now I'm looking for a prototyping/R&D position in California where I can get my hands dirty designing functional solutions.

I found the RPF through the Tested Still Untitled podcast, and am eager to learn skills and techniques not only for my own pleasure but to help me become a well equipped engineer.

There's too many "favorite" movies to list, but I'm thinking about doing prop/costume projects from x-men, star wars, lotr, firefly, harry potter, 2001 space odyssey, or maybe others!

Hey Everyone,

I'm Krinaia or Kai whatever you prefer. I'm a Teacher for kids with special needs and am currently situated in Dubai, UAE. I stumbled upon this site while searching for creative Harry Potter prop ideas. I feel like I landed on a gold mine :). I've been inspired by projects like the mammoth HP project to create my own for my best-friend as her birthday gift. I've got only 6 months to finish :wacko.

After that I plan to continue making props as i am so addicted to reading about all the great ideas on this site.:D

Last edited:
Working on a Cap outfit. Probably Age of Ultron. Probably going to upgrade from CosplaySky.

Hi everyone,

Short time lurker, new to costuming/prop/replica world. Still in information gathering phase of creation. any and all tips for starting out are greatly appreciated.

Hello All,

My name is Wade. My interest in prop building and love for all Star Wars creations has led me here. I am hoping to start small and learn from all sharing knowledge here! So...onward and upward!

Hello!

My name is Greg and I am a part of the 501st Legion as a Clonetrooper from Star Wars: The Clone Wars. I'm here to increase my prop making knowledge and skills. Want to learn how to create things with foam and such. Now its time for me to go look around and discover!

Hello everyone!

My name is Mike. I've been a lurker on the site for a little while now, but I'm diving more into personal projects and builds, so I'd like to become more active in this great community! I'm always impressed by all the great things happening here, so I'm really excited to jump in and start participating in discussion and also sharing some of my stuff! By day, I'm a 3D artist in the video game industry, and by night I like to build props for personal cosplay as well as just for fun! Some examples of stuff I've built are: a bunch of Splinter Cell stuff and Cassandra's sword from the Dragon Age: Inquisition promo art! Thank you all for building such an awesome place to frequent and share knowledge!

IMG_6143.JPG IMG_20151102_213818.jpg IMG_20150827_222427.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back