Hello all my name is Tim and I am a ghostbuster cosplayer. I am a huge nerd and major fan of ghostbusters, I have a full ghostbuster 2 cosplay and I also made a Tobin Spirit guide.

Me and a couple of friends of mine started writing a Tobin's Spirit Guide program a long time ago... never finished it... would love to see what you came up with! :) Welcome to the forum!

My name is Steven. Just heard about these forums recently. My grilfriend makes really nice cosplays, and starting a couple years ago I have been making the props to go along with them (I started with an Arcade Sona board for DragonCon 2 years back). I'm an aerospace engineer by education, and currently work designing/bulding/testing autonomous robots. I have a ton of experience doing cnc machining, fiberglass and carbon fiber layup, woodworking, and vacuum formed stuff, but I have basically zero experience with designing and manufacturing for the aesthetic look you're going for, rather than designing and finishing for function and I'm hoping to get some inspiration and advice here for that.

Hello theRPF! My name is Matthew, I'm interested in creating props and I look forward to learning and sharing at the forums (particularly interested in MCU and Star Wars props).
I come from an Industrial Design background and I run an automotive design studio, I have tools such as a commercial-grade 3D laser scanner and large format 3D printers (and CNCs as well). I'm excited to see how I can incorporate these technologies and my design skill set into prop model-building!

I would love to make a nicely detailed model of the upcoming Stormtrooper blaster from the First Order.. :)

Hi everyone, my name is Bryan. I've been a Star Wars/Comic book nut pretty much my entire life. I used to draw and paint a lot in high school, but haven't really done anything creative for quite some time. I've always wanted to have a collection of props from my favorite movies growing up, and thought it might be more rewarding to build them myself rather than buy them. I get to be creative, and have the opportunity to learn new skills. Also, I will hopefully end up with a great collection.

I have been reading these forums for a while now, and have been inspired to start building. I am currently working on Fierfek's Boba Fett Pepakura helmet (my first) and I'm really enjoying the process. I plan to take it all the way through the bondo stage, and possibly try my hand at casting it. I am also one of the Anovos customers eagerly awaiting my TK preorder. I look forward to contributing to this forum in any way that I can, whether it's showing my finished work, or documenting my failures, either way I'm excited to share my experiences.

Hi all,

I'm Stefan Cembolista, founder and head engineer of the (quite crazy) Belgian prop builders (our community is called BCDvzw (a registered non profit org)
Maybe some of you have herd from me or our group, we are quite active with Lucasfilm on the Celebrations with our sets & props.

Important to know, we are a hobby organisation, so no commercial goals!

About me:
I'm born in 1968 (in Germany , Mainz) and started costume and prop building on an age of 7.... LOL yes...some people are really addicted...
I've spent my youth as unorganized costume & prop builder, gathering knowledge about whatever our beloved hobby can offer.
At the age of 16 I had the honor to follow a stage at Bavaria studios (Munich) for the production of Enemy Mine, learning prop & set building from a professional point of view.
I did my military service in the German Bundeswehr (Hunting Btl.), as liaison between the US V.th corps and the Germans.
I moved to Belgium in the late 90'ies.
I'm married (for +20 years now) have two children (also costume addicted LOL)
About my character:
In my eyes a good reference is what I like to read...
Favorite books:
Ready Player one by Ernest Cline and The Forever War by Joe Haldeman
The rest of my 'unconventional personality' is to be discovered by those who get to know me here....

I started founding a Costume and prop community in 1999, (BCD - the Belgian Costume Division) and founded the Belgian Garrison (501st Legion) late in the year 2000.
Ever since chairman of those groups and an addicted costume & prop builder.

I'm proud that we have such a talented group of builders gathered, and I still ask myself why I din't got in touch with you folks earlier.
I do know, that a couple of my Belgian community members are already at the RPF....

So... here I Am, hoping to learn a lot from you all, and offer my knowledge for all interested :)

Oh... to end this overview of mine, I'm a Sci Fi fan!
Star Wars probably changed my life, but I'm into everything that's related to imaginary stories.

Great to be here!

Hello. I found this forum searching for ways to improve my Gundam cosplay build. I made a Gundam Deathscythe Hell costum for Tampa Bay Comiccon 2015. All carboard. I should try foam.

Hello, I've just joined today after reading some of the posts. I'm in the process of starting a Darth Vader costume and I'm currently researching forums for assistance and advice on how to go about it.....I need a lot of help!

been a Star Wars and Star Trek fan for years and have been attending conventions and comicons for the last 3 years and always been impressed with the costumes that people have built, so I've decided to give it a go.
Gordon

Hello everyone,

I'm a brand new member, though I have been stalking the RPF for several months and everytime I search for a prop or method of production I end up here! No surprise really, it's the number 1 forum it seems and it heavily endorsed on Tested (which I follow).

Primarily, at this point, I'm trying to make my first costume. It is based on the "Centurions: Power Xtreme" cartoon and I want to make an "exo-frame". I started with the helmet, which is pepakura, and I'm just jumping on here to find out what I can find out.

Anyways, off to work I go!

Gage

Hello everyone!
I'm Chris, from Poland. I'm new here but as everyone (I guess) it's not my first time here. I was watching and learning from you guys for couple of months or years even.

My portfolio of props isn't big and mostly I'm looking how to do something out of nothing for the least amount of money possible :D

My latest addition is this Power Hammer from WH40k
719MVM.jpg

Hope to be a help sometimes and to learn even more!

Hi good people of RPF,

My names Leo, aka Elmins. I'm from London UK. My first cosplay still isn't completed but the RPF has been a great source of info.
I didn't really have any useful experience for cosplaying before, but I started mine over a year ago. I'm building Aether Wing Kayle from League of legends.

Thanks

Hello I'm William from the Seattle area. I have a few costumes like the hero Ghostbusters, USCM smart gunner, street judge 2012. My next big builds will be my polar lights refit enterprise and building up a working eye piece for my smartgunner, which starts after grad school fin I she's next month. Long term builds would be a grey knight termi for me and a Khorne SM for my brother-in-law.

Hey everyone my name is Justin and I'm new to the forum :)
I like working on cars and cosplays
I've done a lot of cosplays before and I'm sure I will post them someday
I work at GM so I've got a good job
I'm getting married next year so cosplay buying won't be very heavy until afterwards. I'm currently trying to find a 1967 Chevy Impala to turn into a drivable replica of dean winchesters car from supernatural
Wanting a good daily driver so If anyone has one shoot me a PM! Other than that thanks for letting me in and I look forward to seeing all of the cool and exciting props and cosplays here on the RPF !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is me, saying Hi :)

I'm in VFX for film in London, I like taking a break from CGI to make realworld stuff in my own time, mostly paper props but also other things.

Cheers!

Hello everyone!
Swedish guy checking in, I've been looking around but haven't really posted anything yet. I've been into props my whole life and now I was thinking of taking it to the next level. I'm gonna build a vacuum forming machine and I've been looking for tips and searched but I haven't found anything here which feels very strange, have I done anything wrong perhaps? It feels like there should be a huge tools-forum here but I might have the wrong approach? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Anyway, I'm a games developer and I live in the south of Sweden. I built my own stormtrooper armor (bought the pieces but had to cut them up etc) earlier this year and realized how awesome it is to do stuff outside of sitting by the computer, so here I am.

Hello all!

This is my first post in RPF, but for many year I've been lurking this wonderful forum!
I'm a fanatic for Stargate (the movie) and I start to create the costume of the Anubis guard. My goal is to reproduce it at the best.
I hope that this community will like my works!

Luke a.k.a. Effecta.it

(attached images: my wip of Ra's medallion totally hand made in copper, the Anubis' helmet (first version)

12239674_1491785324461279_7612042606095566219_n.jpg11988628_10206212999277781_2953638147904194666_n-2.jpg

Greetings friends, my name is Manuel, I'm from Mexico, I am happily married and have two young padawan of 3 and 5 years.

I kept my hands busy creating things since I can remember, from terminator arms until wands inspired by the Harry Potter movies, to ligthsabers, costumes, modeling; creating things with my hands is one of my greatest pleasures.

it's been a few weeks since my registration was approved, but am somewhat shy and I kept circling the forum and saw the exceptional work of all of you, to amaze by the incredible talent and obsession for detail of many members of this forum.

I hope to learn and much to contribute to this amazing community

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back