Hi, folks!
I'm Heath. I've been a cosplayer for a long time (mostly a pieced-together Joker suit) but I'm now looking into doing a few more hands-on (and definitely better-quality!) costume projects. I'm looking forward to sharing with and learning from you guys!

Hello everyone,

Brand new to the forum and also to costume making. I have absolutely zero experience and have been reading as much as I can. Been wanting to do a costume for a while to wear at Comic-Con, but never knew where to start. Hoping to get all the tips I can along the way :)

Mike

Hey guys and gals!

Casca here! I'm new to the RPF family. I am a performer and I am just starting as a costume performer. I will have many question all around this forum, but I am also happy to hear all of the amazing help that you folks have to offer!

Good evening..guys
just to introduce myself, my names Liam I live in the uk and have a interest in props and memorabilia, I'm very lucky I work in the film&Tv world my job is a supervisor Armourer, I've worked on all periods with firearms from muskets to Exo plasma rifles.
im a really big Star Wars fan, as is my son ..
also any marvel features ..hopefully I can expand my learning and knowledge with all the experience of the members on here.

Hello everyone ! Thank you for warm welcome. Glad to be here. My main interest in prop making is weapons or all sort. Being reenactor for more than 20 years, I'd like to try myself as a prop gunsmith.

Hi everyone!

My name is Harry, long time lurker here :D i recently got the itch to build my own Graflex lightsaber ( i know, far to late with the current prices :() a while ago i got a fairly priced exactra 20 for my bubbles, and that is how my story started. Hoping to grab me a decent Graflex some time soon, before the prices explode even further :D

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Been lurking a fair bit this week. Stumbled upon the forum looking for details to start working on a Rey costume! Now the goal is to have it done by the premiere of Episode VII.

My name is Kat and I am from Michigan, now living in Austin, Texas. Been a sci-fi fan as long as I can remember. My first love is Star Wars, and has since led to love of Firefly/Serenity, and Battlestar Galactica (among many others). Those 3 will probably be my main focuses on costume building. Working on Starbuck and currently wearing a makeshift Jayne outfit at work for Halloween... Hehe.

As a fan of video games as well, especially Halo, I am hoping to eventually work on some armor. That will be quite the task...you guys have done some very impressive work!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Hi Everyone, I'm new in this place !

I've been reading a lots of topics about customizing stuffs in here.
Now I'd like to jump in and try (with your precious help) to start some projects. My first will be a shoe modification from BTTF.

See you ;)

Hello everyone. I've been a member here for three years and never introduced myself. I'm a single dad with full custody of my daughter and every year for Halloween we do it big. For her birthday as well. We put our costumes together and have a blast. This year we are both excited for The Force Awakens so here are our pictures of our costumes. Enjoy!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    241.2 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    506.9 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    183.1 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 43
Hi my name is Nolan and I'm from the UK. I've been on here for a bit but I can't remember if I did one of these. I'm a model maker living in Buckinghamshire. My prop bucket list is a yellow barrel from JAWS, the shark cage from JAWS, the Orca from JAWS and Bruce the shark from JAWS. Bit of a JAWS fan. I like to stick to 1:8 scale for most things, space depending. Looking forward to contributing to the rpf. cheers

Hello everyone! i just joined today, i found out about this website from Adam Savage on Tested.com.

Ive been into movie and video game props and costumes since i had baby teeth, over the past 5 years or so ive been really getting into sharpening my skills. My best areas are wood, metal and leatherwork.

But hey, i thought it would be a great time to get myself into the community, glad to be here!

Hey, I'm Trevor, and I'm a college kid that wants to get into this stuff.

I found these forums because Adam Savage talks about them a lot on his podcast, I decided to give them a look and they are awesome.

I have neither the tools nor money at this point in my life, but I have a few projects going on - I created an account today to post one. Most of my builds are video game stuff, but who knows.

Hello guys! am new to the forum, access to years of seeing many magnificent work, and started working with costumes to 2 years, I am evolving and caught a lot of reference of the site, I wanted to introduce myself first and foremost say it's a pleasure to be among many talents! I hope to help and be helped here too!

Ps: currently studying and working on Pepakura / papercraft, would like to know if you have specific topic of file-sharing here, someone help me?

I thank you all for the attention! Keep Building!

Hello fellow nerds,

I am new to prop collecting/building and am excited to talk with all of you.

I am a huge fan of Star Wars, Star Trek, comics of all sorts, and so many different movies I couldn't possibly name them all.

Hello,
Everyone, I was in the Navy for 20 years. I retired in 2011. Ive wore many hats, to listing them all off isnt really appropriate.Any way, I ran with the 501st legion as a Vader from 2006, through 2011. Though I loved the work, it became secondary to my attempts to go back to school.
When I retired my lovely wife, bought me a sports car as my retirement present. I am still working on it to this day.
esprit_mercedes_aston_mod2.jpg It is a unique and 1 of a kind reconstruction, that will no doubt take another decade to complete.
dsc010638cq[1].jpgThe vader (which is now sold)

I have previously built a Halo2 master cheif helmet using pepakura. This was a schooling in hard work.
I love tech/arts and crafts/and DIY stuff.
My current project as of this posting is to make a couple of friends of mine very unique welding hoods from the iron man and iron patriot helmets as christmas gifts. Hopefully, Ill be able to get these done, and soon. I have the pep files, but hoping to come across someone will to 3d print them and ship the parts to me so I can get a jump start on this project.

If you have any questions, or just want to say hey, feel free to pm or email me.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back