hello i want to build a helmet can anyone direct me to any guides, if they exist. I'm looking to try and build Cpt Phasma, her helmet is really cool. when i finish the pep file I would like to have a whole lot more information on the resin fiberglass and bondo. i would also like to know how people get lenses.

Hello there everyone! I'm James, or you can call me The J-man. I've been lurking around here for awhile, just getting ideas and info. I'll definitely call myself a beginner cosplayer, so by hopefully joining and can get better. I love the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and I'm always striving to make my Turtles costume the best it can be. Thanks! Cowabunga!

Greetings!
I'm Stephen, from the U.K., found this Forum when looking for info on Deckard's blaster from Blade Runner - Impressed with the knowledge and skill of all here -
I'm a bit of a 'Newbie' to these things, so I hope you'll be able to help and guide me!

I like Sci-Fi, but some classic movies as well - Here's my Homage to 'Harry Palmer' in 'The Ipcress File'
View attachment 545753
Excuse the graininess - I took the picture with a Minox LX Camera.

And some of my other Hobbies: I have half a Jeep - the other half belongs to my Colleague Chris:
IMG_jeep.jpg
And we do the various Militaria Fairs around County Down.

All the best!
Stephen, AKA Spookszilla.

Hey Everyone i thought id join the community as im trying to replicate Mags so ill keep up to scratch by giving you a week to week progress.
Hopefully by reading through all the forums ill be able to accomplish my goal!
like to thank Jedifyfe (Brad) and Cavx01 (Mark) for their multiple replies through email whp also got me onto this site!

Cheers Mates :)

-Luke

Hey everyone. Name's Luke and I'm fairly new here and I've been admiring the craftsmanship from other members over the past two years and finally decided to become a member myself. Hopefully I can contribute in some way. Peace!

Hello everyone my name is Devin!

I'm from Southern California, I live 20 minutes from Disneyland. I'm a huge fan of props from lots of different movies and I have always been interested in learning how to make that kind of stuff, but its only recently that I decided to get serious about it. For the past 6 months or so I've been doing a lot of homework. I've been reading a lot of books, watching a lot of videos, and browsing a lot of websites for information about prop making including casting and molding, sculpting, scale modeling, etc. I haven't got to the experimentation stage of it all yet because I am in the process of moving. My parents are moving to Texas, and I'm going with them, and then I will be moving to Florida. I wish I could stay here but the cost of living is just way too high for me to venture out on my own. So if I can't live here and have Disneyland well then I guess I will live in Florida and have Disney World. I really want to be close to either park because someday I want to work for Disney. My dream job is to be an imagineer and yes I know thats a lofty affair and not a whole lot of people get to become a part of that but I'm fairly determined to at this point in my life. So once I get myself a little more established and won't be moving around so much I can experiment away with prop making and the like. Anyways I'm glad to be on here and look forward to getting to know some people and learn some cool things!

Hi everyone,

New to the site, but keen to learn any techniques on how to produce some art work.

There are some amazing designs out there. Can't wait to start something different

Hey guys sorry if I am posting in the wrong area,
very new to this. So my name is needsapipboy.
yup the name speaks for what i am looking for.
if anyone can point me to skruffy's pipboy moulds i would be very greatful. thanks.
or if anyone is making them complete for a decent price im very keen to buy one.. i must get one.. :)

Hey all. My name's John and I'm joining the forum to help me throughout my HC Air Mag upgrading process. There seems to been an unlimited amount of resources on the Air Mag upgrades so I'm glad I found this site. I placed an order from HC last week so I'm looking forward to posting pics as I go along. Keep an eye out.

Hi everyone!

Happened on this site while searching Studio Models. Been building since I was 8. Haven't accomplished much on the scratch building side, but would like to someday and this site looks awesome. A wealth of knowledge for sure and much more than just modeling that looks so interesting! Huge Star Wars fan and with the upcoming movie release, it has my interest peaked. Brings back memories from the late 70's and early 80's and being that kid again.

Hello, I'm Eddie and I'm a propaholic! I was lucky enough to first come into contact with props as a kid in the early seventies, mostly from Doctor Who but also Space 1999 and became hooked! I began mostly with Star Trek stuff building mostly from kits. Fast forward to today and I have a full size Police Box in the garden and my prize possession a Siva Edwardian kit car in the garage, the same model as the Third Doctor's Bessie. I have a selection of other bits and pieces and am always interested in learning new techniques of prop and costume making. It's great to be onboard.

Hey everyone—glad to have found this place! I'm a graphic designer, artist, and illustrator by trade and have been having a great time focusing on creating in the third dimension for once. This is the first time I've contributed to a forum and am still new to it. I've already messed up by posting my progress on my first build in the wrong place.

I'm doing Thor's armor from the first Avengers movie for Halloween and it's been an absolute blast! You can check it out here in it's corrected location: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=249200

I'd love to hear what you guys think :)

I know nothing about prop building and I want to learn. I have a few projects i want to start and i need help. I've heard that this is the place for help and learning for new hobbiest in prop building

I'm here, I'm new, and my only costume is blue. Yay I did a rhyme. Hi folks. So happy to finally post something after being a consumer/user for the past few months.

Hugs and kisses
... Potzer

Hola everyone! Long time lurker on the RPF, but decided to get in on the action!

I've been finalising my V2 Mags over the last two weeks and thought it would be good to share!

Catch you all later!

Tom

Hi everyone! Also a long time lurker, finally registered because I actually have props on the horizon!

I look forward to sharing them with you some time in the future.

Matt.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back