Hello everyone ive been here a few times reading posts for ideas figured it was time to join up. Ive been recently working on some fallout t51b power armour. I do have a question what forum should i post pepakura scaling questions. The big one is when scaleing armour should i scale each peice individually or ny a general size ration as one.

What's up everybody! I met a individual at NYCC 2015 from the EFX collectibles booth and he suggested that this forum is one of the best ways to connect with other like minded people who have a passion and knowledge of this craft. I recently began sculpting by just teaching myself online last December 2014 and would like to pursue it even further. I'd love to also learn more about model making, prop making and making maquettes in the future. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated because I don't know where to go from here, in terms of how to improve and hopefully career related advice and if I'm headed in the right direction. Thank you for hearing me out. My deviantart profile with work is below. Take care everyone! http://queensone.deviantart.com

Howdy all,

I'm Jason. Nice to meet you. I'm a professional illustrator and unprofessional toy and classic video game collector, beer drinker, and fun time haver. For work, I make 2D art for mobile/casual games and also teach. For fun, I'm working on sculpting an action figure and finally putting together my X-Wing Pilot costume!

I was turned onto the RPF by tested.com vids. I've always been obsessed with behind the scenes prop, costume, and set design stuff. I love seeing ideas go from people's heads, to paper, to the real world. I've done plenty on paper but now I want to start getting into making my nerd dreams a reality!

Looking forward to chatting and crafting along side y'all!

Greetings!

I'm GuardianGryphon, Gryph for short, and I'm a programmer/game developer by trade.

I am a massive Star Trek fan, and a pretty big Stargate SG-1, Firefly, and Marvel geek as well. Star Trek has always been my first and greatest sci-fi love, but I enjoy most all of the wider world of it, including Star Wars, Fringe, X-Files, etc.

I discovered the site some months ago, and I've been planning to join once I had a build underway. This place is a treasure trove of great ideas, info, and feedback, and I'm looking forward to sharing some builds with everyone, and being able to compliment others on their amazing projects.

Guess I should play along, it's only fair after all.

RK here. Long time luker / avid fan of most of you who don these things and walk around - crazy amazing if you ask me. I'm gearing up to do my own someday, and following the Space Marine from Starcraft 2 at the moment.

Fun times.

Hi guys new to the forum, we are a small uk based molding company and build replica props mainly star wars related. Heres a pic of a semi completed R2. I am going to make a post in the near future with pictures and details of the process. Any feedback would be much appreciated 12109051_515091401979266_1607964321647690378_n.jpg20150312_111514.jpg20150312_111523.jpgIMG_0163.JPG12109051_515091401979266_1607964321647690378_n.jpg20150312_111514.jpg20150312_111523.jpgIMG_0163.JPG

G'day Everyone,

My name is Glen but I have also been known as Darky for many years. A pleasure to meet you all :)
I live in Sydney, Australia , I'm a family man with a young daughter who I enjoy making things with. I have been making things since I was young and it's great to share this with people.
Attended my first ever convention this year at OZ comic con and decided to have a go at creating costumes for my family. I made my armoured batsuit, by eye, using EVA foam and referencing pics from the trailer ( as I started the week it was released ) and then refined what I had as more photos were available of the suit. The belt is a series of battery packs that cable into the suit to run the LED's. Was a great experience working out the solutions to the challenges and have already started working on the next couple of projects :)
DSC01964.jpgIMG_5264.jpg

Looking forward to learning more as I go.

Thanks for the addition to your member's list and have a great day all

Hello,
*blows of dust from this thread*

My name is Brandon from California and I have been visiting the RPF for a few years, but only recently started making my own costumes. Anyways, glad to see that this site has grown so much and gotten some SUPER helpful people along the way.

Hows it going everyone? my names Victor and I come here to expand my knowledge regarding the realms of costuming and prop making. I've shown interest in this for quite a while. I have an account in the 405th and have learned a lot so far and i'm hoping i can learn more here as well. Thank you all. :thumbsup

Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

Aloha!

I just joined up today. I'm an architect, and have extensive experience with making paper architecture models, but just recently found out about pepakura, and now have a world of possibilities that I never knew existed.

- - - Updated - - -

Aloha!

I just joined up today. I'm an architect, and have extensive experience with making paper architecture models, but just recently found out about pepakura, and now have a world of possibilities that I never knew existed.

Hi! Long time lurker here (don't we all say that?!). I'm from England originally but now in the SF bay area. Big sci fi fan, particularly Star Wars I suppose. I've worked as a CG artist for a long time, but it turns out that the older I get the more interested I'm becoming in making actual tangible stuff and the less interested I am in making stuff from polygons!

There's a super intimidating amount of knowledge and talent on these here forums, and that's why I'm here honestly, to learn from the best. Some work here:

https://www.artstation.com/artist/dazp

Hello everyone, I was directed to this page by a couple other people who said I might find some help here. I'm new to cosplaying and such and dont know where to find a lot of things that would be helpful to making good costumes. I hope I dont get on anyones nerves and that if possible I can be of help to people and people can be of help to me, so thanks for your time.

Greetings crafters, I have lurked on this forum and don't think I've said hi yet. I'm Alisa from Alberta, Canada. I work in pharmacy and my hobbies include making costumes and props. I like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and anime such as Sword Art Online and .hack//sign. So far the majority of my costumes have been genderbends of popular male characters. I like characters that are kicka$$. Below is a pic of some of the costumes I've made. One of these days I'll get around to doing some build threads.

Hi, my friends have used this site for forever and I'm finally coming to check it out. My most recent endeavor is a Lady Loki costume that is going quite well it just needs a few tweaks, a few more props, and some good advice.

Hey, everyone! I've visited on and off for a couple years, and I finally got around to registering.

I'm currently working on a fast BTTF hoverboard for my Halloween costume, and then I'm thinking about trying my hand at a sonic screwdriver prop, which will likely take me a couple years to complete (since I'm in college, with lots of hard [but very fun!] classes, and my time is extremely limited).

I'm looking forward to learning more from everyone!

Hows it going everyone.
I've been using this thread for a while now and just now decided to make an account. It's already been a big help with smaller projects I've been working on and now that I've moved on to larger things I'd like to ask more specific questions and possibly help others that are/were in my position.

Hello, everyone!

I've been lurking this forum for a few days, since I just dicovered it, looking for tips for fiberglassing a space marine helmet i just finished in cardboard!
I'm amazed at how many people, ideas and projects are on this forum, and the way everyone seems extremely nice.
About myself, my name is Daniel and I'm from Barcelona, Spain. i'm an Interior Designer, who also takes on graphic and audiovisual design when needed. Also, a full-time geek, and eager to show whatever i can do or contribute here.

So, that's all for now! Looking forward to learn from everyone!

See ya!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back