Cheers all,

Jonathan here, longtime RPF lurker, decided to take the plunge.

There are so many great artists and creative people here, I enjoy seeing everyone’s work and projects.

Mostly do costuming for fun and games, Halloween is always a favorite time of year, but there are pub-crawls, parades, parties, and other excuses to get the gear out!

This year on Halloween 2015 will be Navin R. Johnson – he’s such a jerk. I’m just putting the finishing touches on the project.

Hi all My name is Darren

So iv been looking at this site for a few months now but never really set up an acount till now im not one to use forums as i have had some bad experiences in the past and must apolagise in advance if i misspell as i suffer from dyslexia sadly some people seem to think its funny to bully but i just shrug it off now haha.

My history with building stuff is small I started building models when i was about 6 and have just got back into it after a long brake iv got a few star trek and star wars modles under my belt with lighting kits hashed to gether form bits i get were i can.
The last project was a model kit bash a revell original Enterprise i built into the Kelvin im still working on it sadly dont have the tools to build the wooden base as i dont really have a work shop or room so no were to keep bits But now i want to get into making prop weapons and costumes i attend the few comicons That Scotland Has to offer and love the atmosphere.

i look forward to working with you guys and making amazing things

Hello,

New to prop and costume making. I found this forum sometime last year and began reading on some of the stuff you all are working on (which looks all amazing!)I hope to learn and work with you all and gain some further experience.

A little about me, im into comics and some video games, (fallout/elder scrolls mostly) I've been painting, drawing and crafting for years. I always had that need to create and I think this new area for me would be a challenge that I would like to take. There is just so much you can do with endless possibilities with a little hard work.

Hello Everyone,

I came across this forum in the credits for The Prop Building Guidebook by Eric Hart. I've been building props for years. my wife is an amazing photographer and if I didn't learn how to fabricate, I'd be broke on infant/newborn props alone. I look forward to new things to make and sharing things I have done myself.

I will always give credit to those who have inspired a project. I never want to make a carbon copy of other peoples work. I'd rather see where I can take it myself.

I don't think I actually did this when I first started here about a month or so ago. Hello y'all, I am 42 years young and letting my inner nerd run free by finally getting into the Cosplay world. My all time favorite character would have to be the irreverent Deadpool, and as such I bought my first costume this year and am now working to upgrade for next year's conventions. I live just outside of Houston Texas, and I will be trying to go to at least two conventions in or around Houston a year. I will apologize ahead of time as I will be asking a lot of questions as this is fast becoming my number one hobby now. Please comment on my posts and feel free to message me with any input that will help make my stay in this world much more fun and affordable ;)

Hi! My name is Faizan Mughal and after lurking this site for a long time I finally decided to join! A beginner really, but planning to make a lot more!

10854809_922824287751135_6877798363030477363_o.jpg10708500_857449764288588_7820608743447081363_o.jpg

hi everyone my name is Daniel and i live in the UK
i'm a professional paint sprayer and hoping to bring
these skills to the community (feel free to message)
just joined up to get ideas (help) in my first build
war machine is my plan
if anyone has the plans let me know please
as i'm having no luck finding them
cheers daniel

Hello! This is my first time coming to this site after learning about it from Tested.com. I am amazed at the dedication to the information to make all these props and costumes a reality and the community it has created. I look forward to do what I can to help this forum in any way possible.

Hello! I just registered a few minutes ago actually, though I've been looking around for a while. I joined because I was hoping to get into cosplay and I loved the community here. I've only done a cheap, rushed cosplay of Solaire of Astora from Dark Souls, but hopefully I'll make my destiny guardian.

Hi All

My name is Adam and I am from Townsville Australia. I have been lurking here for a few months after following a space marine build here. The level of skill and the really diverse range of costumes has kept me coming back. I am going to try a few Warcraft weapons along with Keyblades for my finace and helms/helmets cause I love helmets! Right now I am trying to learn the basics of working with foam.

Hey there!

Big Star Wars geek here, trying to assemble my first x-wing pilot outfit in time for Haloween and all the up-coming Star Wars premiers!

No prop experience or collections here, so looking to this site to provide me with the difficult-to-find vacuform items I cannot make myself.

Thanks

Hi all

Never replicated anything, but love the idea of doing so. I like to make stuff, so just need a idea and a goal. Actually I have a short term goal. Halloween is coming up, and the company I'm working in will have a Halloween event, I plan to go as The Crow/Erik Draven, maybe not the most original idea, but I love the movie and did a very crude costume several years back. Hope to do a bit more accurate this year. Already search the forum for this and found a lot of nice pictures and references, but if you have something you want to share please let me know. Thanks.

Hi, I'm new to the RPF, longtime reader though. Some of you might already know me as that annoying dude that keeps sending people pm's for info on lightsabers, but thats beyond the point. Glad to make this my official introduction. And for those curious, a prop thread will be coming soon from me, Just waiting for the final components to arrive, but all is going according to plan… soon

Hello my name is Randy,

Well I've been cosplaying for about a year and a half now, and I've always been interested in doing armor if that would be EVA foam, worbla or anything else that I dont know about yet.
I came across this page while I was looking for ideas on how to build my friend a Predator costume. Being so new I thought it would be time to hit up so of the more experience cosplayer's and see if anyone would be willing to help. I tried to build a costume the past year but, nothing was coming out as good as I would have hoped.
Just hoping to make some new friends, receive knowledge from all around and just to better improve my abilities as a cosplayer.

Thanks for taking the time if you're reading this and hope to hear from the experienced and hoping to learn!
Its always nice to be apart of a community.

Good Morning from Scotland, everyone! I'm a multimedia artist resident in Aberdeen, with an interest in reenactment craft. I'm deeply influenced by Adam Savage in my costuming and prop making thoughts (sorry, folks, I know that's got to be a common one these days).

Major skills:
Calligraphy
Painting (2D and model)
Sign painting
Unusually keen sense of smell
Microbiology and Immunology academics
English spelling and grammar

Minor skills:
Weaving
Stonemasonry
Brewing
Baking
Cooking
Bookbinding
Tea-Drinking
Vocal mimicry

I don't have any costume or prop projects on the go at the moment - lots of ideas and nowhere to start unfortunately, though I do have a few things ticking over in the background.

I'd love to be able to use any of my skills to help others make their projects though. I do like helping people.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back