re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

hello
just like to say hey and theat i'm glad to be here, just discovered the site about a week ago and hav already started up loading pics, just a shame i haven't got pics of my older stuff but hopefully i'll have future aditions to add to the at the moment small collection of props, looking forward to my time here and can't wait to look through everyones pics

Hi everyone,

My name is Ryan, I'm 25 and from the UK.
I've been watching the forums for a while now and always just seem to miss the registration dates but I lucked out this time and made it in. I've been making prop replicas since I can remember, usually Blue Peter style, my first lightsaber was the handle of my mum's henry hoover and a towel rail, and I used to make most things from cereal boxes too, thankfully I've learned a lot over the years and moved on. I also really enjoy costuming and I've been cosplaying as a Harry Potter, non-canon character since Prisoner of Azkaban. Most of my replicas over the last several years have been Harry Potter based and it was this that brought me here to the RPF. I look forward to being a member of this community and seeing what everyone is working on.

Last edited:

New to the forums Im here to get lots of ideas and hopefully get a few things that i cant make on my own

Hello there.
Been curious about the world of propmaking for quite some time and I've been lurking around the net and various blogs trying to wrap my head around various concepts and techniques used.

I don't know if I'm gonna take the plunge and try myself due to lack of tools and space but who knows. I decided to join just in case. I'm a 3d artist working in the game industry (4 years now) and I feel that gives me a good base to stand on in case I'd like to.

Hey,

Im Nick, kinda new to props. Like my gadgets, really want to start making replica gadgets.

Most interested in making the operators headset from The Matrix (1999).

Howdy folks, new to the rpf forums naturally like everyone else here is. I like my comics, horror and action movies. Made a few props and costumes in my time. Currently working on a few things at the moment, but who isn't hey.

I'm hoping to get some great ideas and meet some fantastic like minded people on here.

hello! I am very happy to participate in this forum

Hi , My name is Brad and I live in Texas . I build Star Wars and Star Trek Props ,and finnish Terminator, Predator, Robocop and just about any robot stuff I can get 1:1.
I have built Borg Alcoves , a B-9 , Dethstar Droid , 2- C-3pos ,a R5 droid , Gunslinger from Westworld and a Predator Costume.I am in prosses of buildind a full scale ABC robot from Judge Dredd and a NS-4 from I-Robot ..I post on the C3po forum all my projects from start to finnish. I have alot of Terminator Props and some Robocop too. I would love to start some Halo armor and Ironman stuff.
See what I have done soo far.
Borg alcove - c3pobuilders :: Astromechs and Other Robots :: Star Trek Borg Alcove Locutis its DONE!!!!!! 7/30/10 ~ Runboard
R5-PQ astromech- c3pobuilders :: Astromechs and Other Robots :: Building R5.5 new designation R5.5-PQ DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~ Runboard
NS-4- c3pobuilders :: Astromechs and Other Robots :: NS-4 I ROBOT BUILD ~ Runboard
K-3PO- c3pobuilders :: C3po & Protocol Droids :: Hoth K-3po DONE! For celebration V. ~ Runboard
B-9 robot from Lost in Space-
The B9 Robot Builders Club

Thanks for this forum and hope to contribute.

Last edited:

Hi, I'm Sarah, in North Texas.

Currently waiting on Sith Cheerleader uniform and Stormtrooper armor to arrive, to add to my growing collection of costumes.
My Con plans for this year include Texas Frightmare Weekend, Dallas All-Con, and Dragon*Con so far. I'd love to meet others at any of them!

Hello everyone! I'm Rich from Iowa.

I'm currently starting a Master Chief costume from foam. Pepping a test helmet to make sure the scale right for a friend who is pepping the helmet for me, as I don't think foam would make the details I want on it.
I have a custom Mandalorian Costume, and am an official member of the Mandalorian Mercs costume club. I also made a set of armor for my fiancee, but am still trying to convince her to make it Mercs quality...
I love the outdoors and working out. I'm a 4th Dan black belt in tae kwon do, and an Eagle Scout. I'm studying Criminology at the University of Northern Iowa, and hope to graduate next year. I'm also going to attempt to walk on to the UNI track team as a javelin/hammer thrower in the fall. Anything else, feel free to PM me!

Hey everyone,
I'm cockroach(David Jordan). I'm a member of the 501st Legion and have been a costumer for the last 4yrs.:) I have a Biker Scout outfit for the 501st. I'm also working on a Sceince Partol outfit from the 1966 Ultraman TV series. I'm also doing reseach into a Princess/Jun outfit form Battle of the Planets/Gatchaman for my wife.:love

I would greatly apprecaite any help/info that anyone many have.

I've been a Ultraman,Battle of the Planets, and Star Wars fan since I was a kid. As a Kid I wanted to be a Biker Scout(now I am one:lol), I laso wanted to be part of the Sceince Patrol and Mark form Battle of the Planets. I've found some resources for the Sceince Patrol outfit, but the helmet, gun , and communicator pin has been tricky to pin down. :confused

I'm not sure what the style of helmet they wore in the show,to me it looks like a cross between a pilot and motorcycle helmet with ear greebles. I think I can get one made, it just not goinf to be exact, unless I can find out what the name of the helmet they wore. I found a guy that had a resin prop of the super gun, but I'm not sure where he got it.

UltramanSuperGun.jpg

I also found the communicator pin, but apparently it was sold in 2007:cry

UltramanCommunictorPin.jpg

I'm in the process of possiblitly of buying a 1962 Corvair.:thumbsup

So if anyone can help me with locating these parts I will be eternally gratefull!!!

Hello All!

I've known about this forum for years, mostly from Tony Damata, back in the day, as well as Ken Tarleton. I've been working on a new project, the Schwartz ring from Spaceballs, which I hope to show you all soon!

Cheers!
Dave

Hello all, I am Commander Bane or just Bane. I have no experience whatsoever in making costumes like most on here. I've mostly put together Sith robes and superhero costumes from old clothes and costumes around my house.

I'm a pretty big guy so most cosplaying and movie or game costumes aren't an option for me so my plan for a first costume is a Space Marine. I figure that since im tall and wide it'll just look like bulk in the armor. So any tips regarding making it would be very helpful.

Hey all, I'm Jon or PizzyMan I'm from IL and I glad to be a member here now, I have done a few costumes here and there and I plan on doing many more, I enjoy doing opening nights of movies and making costumes for them, I have done X-Men 3, Pirates 2, Alice in Wonderland, Star Wars 3 and done a few other random costumes including Sam Fisher/Splinter Cell, and a friend and I did Boba Fett.

This is a thread i started to show off some of my costumes I got decent pictures of.
http://www.therpf.com/f24/new-pics-some-my-costumes-sam-fisher-mad-hatter-boba-fett-105733/

Hi All,

My name is Leon, and i'm in costuming since 2006, Being 16 back then, and recovering from an operation on my leg, I was looking for some blueprints of R2 to start building one. I then found out about the costuming world.

Joined the 501st in 2007 with my first costume, Imperial Officer.
Still working on a screen accurate Anakin costume.
And since 2010 having a approved Emperor costume.

Still busy with R2, don't have the time and money to continue, bud I hope to start again somewhere in 2012.

Still working on a lot of stuff, this week I will start with a life-cast of my head to make a better Emperor mask. And i have a lot of clone parts lying around, so maybe a clone trooper costume is coming soon ;)

Thats it for now, see you around at the RPF!

Greetings,

Leon

Hello all!

I guess ill just give you a quick introduction about myself!

My name is Steve, i'm 22 years of age and am currently living in northern ireland!

I work for Toys R Us (which is handy for buying cheap toys to mod lol)
Music is my main hobby, i do everything i can musically!
Sci Fi is my main favorite genre of movie and fantasy my main favorite genre of book!
I love comics, reading, writing, sound tracking, film production, everything!

I actually found this site by means of searching to see if anyone had done any mods to the Tron Identity Disks, which naturally there has been several done!

Im sure ill see some fantastic stuff here on this forum! I look forward to it!

Steve

Hey everyone, I am Aaron. I have been around a lot of the costuming boards for a long time. I am into all things Star Wars, Superheroes, comics and such. I am also a huge KISS fan as well.
I have been out of costuming for a bit but I am slowly working my way back into it.

am2000man

Hey there,

I guess I should do this here! I'm Dino, 38 and I live in the Tampa Bay area of Florida (not a Bucs fan) with my wonderful girlfriend, Amy. I have a small blog that I am starting also, so things are getting interesting lately!

I am a newbie prop collector and only have a few small things in my collection, mainly Evil Dead/Army of Darkness stuff. But I have decided to get together a Snake Plissken costume for Halloween 2011 and this is my main goal right now!

I do already have warnings from the moderators because I had joined and posted in haste RE: my quest for Snake's boots. I am truly sorry for that! I didn't mean to ruffle feathers, I was just a bit too anxious! But I'm glad to be here and won't make errors like that again!

thanks,
Spylocke

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back