Hey all,
Name is John Ellis. I'm a mechanical engineering junior at Rowan university. This is one of my hobbies. I'm proficient at everything fro coding to 3d modeling to welding. So many people here meticulously analyze, design and build every venture. For me this is an opportunity to create off the cuff as my day in day out is doing the prior. I enjoy the added challenge of testing my skills and problem solving ability. Huge respect to those who do the latter. I'm also here to help. If you need perspective views or advice let me know and ill dive in head first with everything ive learned.I respect you all immensely. I'm here to learn, build, and have fun. Feel free to message me or text me at 8567014272. Craft your dreams. This world needs more makers like us.

Last edited:
I just finished my first E V A foam costume in time for Wizard World comic con in Columbus, Ohio. It is a mashup of carnage and deadpool was worn by my son. It is fairly basic but I plan to get more detailed in future builds. Im sure I can pick up some great tips here on the RPF.

Hello thanks for having me, I have been a Bigfoot freak since i was a kid, love everything about FX, I have made 2 bigfootsuits my self, only cant seem to get the head just right, im a perfectionist...

Hello everyone! I'm new to the community. I have 2 children and since they're hitting the age of awesomeness, I love to be a part of things that'll influence them in a good way. I'm here to learn and get suggestions, recommendations on props making, costume building, and possibly cosplaying if time permits.

Cheers!

Hi, I'm Jeff, I'm starting to build replica props after being inspired by Adam Savage & Bill Doran, like probably several thousand others here on this site. Working on some video game weapons now, and this week starting an Oscillation Overthruster to give to my father-in-law for Xmas. Nice to be here, learning lots already, thanks everyone

Hello, everyone! I'm pretty new to cosplaying, but I've been lurking around the forums for a while, so I figured it was a good time to finally register. So far I've been making a few modifications to a Spider-Girl suit I got from the local costume store. I'm just using puffy paint to outline the webs, but eventually, I hope I can move onto making something a little more complicated.

The pieces here are absolutely amazing and I look forward to learning new things!

Hello, I'm JC!

Been a lurker here for some time.... didn't decide to really become active contributor until I began my build of a Vibro Axe for my wife's Slave Leia, which this community, namely Tom1971 have been a tremendous help! I decided I would post a thread of the parts and progress (still in the works) so why not introduce myself!

I've been a member on TDH since 2006, also a member of sideshowcollectors.com, love 1/6 scale Star Wars & Gi Joe figures. I'm also a Boba Fett cosplayer who also likes to make props! Always love to see what people are up to and get inspired to take on projects myself. My specialty is probably working with electronics and just creating crazy stuff, going from thinking of "What could be cool to make this better, to have some sort of special effect?" and then conceptualizing that and then making it work. I'll post my Boba Fett flamethrower sometime soon, sure you guys will get a kick out of that!

Anyways you can see my cosplay stuff on instagram at www.instagram.com/jcfett

Happy to be here!

Cheers

Hey guys,
I'm Jovial Jay, and have used the forums often for reference. I used to build all sorts of stuff back in college, working special effects on student films, but lately I've been feeling the itch again.

I'm a big fan of Star Wars and various comic book superheroes. I've been working on a couple of different projects including one for Halloween '15. I hope to be able to share my builds with everyone and see what else people are up to.

--Jay

Greetings!

My name is Chino DB and I am from New England. I am not a prop builder, collector or buyer. I am not a costume maker os cosplayer. I am just a fan of movies and I am inspired by anyone with the passion you all show in your building, collecting and making. I learned of the RPF via the Still Untitled podcast and wanted to come lurk for a while. I am a graphic designer and creative director in the b2b corporate world during business hours, and a dad and husband all the time.

Hi I am new here I am looking to have a cosplay made for myself. Kasheetan mask hands and tail Star trek related. Please contact me if you can help. I am also on Facebook if you need me to post the picture of what this looks like

Greetings, I'm Joe, Also known by the moniker Raveyote. I'm just an amateur product designer and architect with an interest in prop making. I joined to see all the awesome stuff people post and also contribute my thoughts on some topics and learn skills to improve my own abilities.

Hello everyone!

I'm Frank from the Netherlands

So much to learn here.. I've been spending a lot of time here just reading about all ideas and innovations. I'm not really a prop maker though.

Cheers!

Hello everbody,
I live in Canada and I love everything about movie props. I use to be a LARP leather armor crafter. Cosplay is pretty new for me, since I use to create instead of reproduct stuff, I joined this group to learn and find some help ....
BTW, sorry for my bad writing.... Im not retarded .... I'm french ! :lol

Hi, my name is Razvan and I joined this group in the hopes of learning how to make a proper BvS DOJ bodysuit. I noticed some people made a textured bodysuit and some actually managed to make the Man Of Steel suit in detail, which I would like to do with the batsuit, since I am making it for display purposes. Hopefully this is the right place to learn some new things !

Hiya I'm Ismael, I'm from spain so forgive my bad english xDDD,I joined here due to I have a big interest in props and think I can learn much from the great people of here ^^, I´ve started in making props and cosplays few years ago but I´m so newly/amateur in it yet xD, I hope we all be fine :)

hy mi name is felipe, i live in southamerica and now i started my new hobby construct helmet, i hope your support XD

Hey everyone! I'm currently working on a Doctor Who cyberman suit, it being one of my first cosplays and having never worked with foam before, I'm hoping to get some help on here. If you have any experience making a cyberman cosplay and would like to help me out message me, I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you! :)

Hello All,

Josh from Ohio here. I've never actually made any props that I can think of, but I'm hoping to start soon. I'm the kind of person who might look at something I want to buy, and think "I could totally make that myself." I've always enjoyed making things with my hands, mostly woodworking and the like. I've been tossing around the idea for the past couple years that I'll build my own Stormtrooper armor and join the 501st. No time like the present, right?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back