Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Dec 2017
    Dec 6, 2017, 4:11 AM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12626

Hello I am David B. Rhyee a programmer living in South Korea.

Few years a go, I have been absolutely captivated by Screen Accurate Chucky Doll from Mr. Ryan Nagata.

He was a very nice person who gave me some tips for making Screen Accurate Chucky Doll.

And my obsession on Chucky helped myself be part of Project Cult of Chucky last year.

I procured replica outfits for stand-in Chucky Doll to Mr. Tony Garner.

I look forward to be part of other movies as well.

Please refer to the following link of My most current Animatronic Chucky Doll.

https://www.facebook.com/david.bladl...mp;pnref=story

There is much to improve though I am quite satisfied with my piece.

Thank you for reading.

Sincerely David B. Rhyee
  2. Member Since
    Dec 2017
    Dec 6, 2017, 2:44 PM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12627

Hello!

Brand new here.

After many years of debate, I'm making more conscious moves in getting a Superman cosplay outfit. Things that have kept me from getting one in the past were deciding on a design and finding the resources. However, now the DCEU costume has evolved and I FINALLY found this forum, I'm excited to see the possibilities.

If anyone can point me in the right direction for a JL Superman costume, it would be much appreciated!
  3. Member Since
    Dec 2017
    Dec 7, 2017, 6:41 PM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12628

Good evening webheads and everyone, I'm looking forward to being a part of this community!
  4. Member Since
    Dec 2017
    Dec 8, 2017, 12:30 AM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12629

Hi everyone, I've been casually lurking here for ages but finally made an account. I'm 33, from upstate NY and absolutely love Star Wars and Blade Runner. I collect action figures, make custom action figures, and own a few props including a PKD from Off-World Inc. I've started on a Boba Fett costume but have a very long ways to go.

I've been thinking of maybe picking up a lightsaber but not sure yet if I want to spend the money. Anyway, I love this forum even if I only stop in every now and then. Such wonderfully detail-oriented people willing to help out and problem solve. Cheers!
  5. Member Since
    Dec 2017
    Dec 9, 2017, 9:25 AM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12630

Hello from Wiltshire in the UK

Im new here, found this place looking for ideas for a Harry Potter Christmas! Me and my fiancť are obsessed with HP! We're currently saving for a deposit to buy our own house and were gonna have Harry Potter stuff everywhere

Already found some fantastic ideas that I'm gonna try!
    From
    Los Angeles
    Dec 9, 2017, 9:53 PM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12631

Hi all,
    New to collecting and props. Very happy to have found this site and all the great info here. Now, on to my quest to have a nice ANH Vader helmet for display...
  7. Happy wife, happy life RPF Premium Member PropReplicator2's Avatar
    From
    Abilene,TX
    Dec 10, 2017, 12:20 AM - Re: &gt;&gt; New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! &lt;&lt; #12632

DCrossPhoto said: View Post
    Hi all,
    New to collecting and props. Very happy to have found this site and all the great info here. Now, on to my quest to have a nice ANH Vader helmet for display...
    Welcome to the board! I recommend the Efx ANH Vader helmet... All the way.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk
    From
    Los Angeles
    Dec 10, 2017, 1:46 AM - Re: &gt;&gt; New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! &lt;&lt; #12633

PropReplicator2 said: View Post
    Welcome to the board! I recommend the Efx ANH Vader helmet... All the way.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Thank you, and thank you for the rec. I’ve been eyeing the PCR. Best option for me at this time. I look forward to learning from, and contributing to, this forum.
    Last edited by DCrossPhoto; Dec 10, 2017 at 3:13 AM.
  9. Member Since
    Dec 2017
    Dec 11, 2017, 6:50 PM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12634

Hello! New to the site (and forums).

My interests include lightsaber/Star Wars props, and wearable masks/props.

Iíve been cosplaying since Feb 2016 (very new to the community).
  10. Member Since
    Dec 2017
    Dec 11, 2017, 11:14 PM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12635

Hi everyone,
    Iíve been a collector of pretty much anything pop culture related since 2002. Iím now trying to concentrate my collection on Star Wars. I have a few 1/4 scale premium format statues and a Master Replicas Millennium Falcon as well. Iím interested in finding more replica Star Wars ships to add to my collection. Iíve been told by a few friends that I can probably find some here. If anyone can help guide me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
  11. Member Since
    Dec 2017
    Dec 12, 2017, 11:58 PM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12636

Hello, I am one of the new members who was drawn in by the Star Wars spoilers thread.

I don't know exactly how active I will be, I like the idea of props and cosplay but just am not talented enough to do it myself. If I had disposable income I'd love to collect props and replicas, but I have a child and can't even recall the last time I spent money on some toy for myself. I've been to a few conventions in Pittsburgh (they have a pretty nice toys/comics show a few times a year) but I'm more of an observer than an active participant.

Assuming I remember to check back on occasion I would most likely participate in the "Entertainment and Movie Talk" section. I have a feeling that there could be some nice discussions when Ready Player One comes out.
  12. Member Since
    Dec 2017
    Dec 13, 2017, 9:43 PM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12637

Hi! I'm new today. I found you while searching for Harry Potter printables for book covers. We don't have much of a collection, but my hubby and I have an IMMENSE appreciation of all things geeky, especially related to Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Star Wars, LOTR, Firefly, Marvel Universe, Sherlock, et al. I look forward to seeing all the fun things people share and I may even brave sharing something myself, eventually.
    Dec 14, 2017, 6:20 AM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12638

Hi Everyone,

I'm a returning member of the RPF, having originally joined in 2007 and last posting in 2015.

Have I got a lot of catching up to do!!

I'm a sculptor and prop maker with more than 17 years experience of mask, prop and costume making for performance, cosplay events and exhibitions.
    My work has been utilsed by the BBC (Eastenders, Blue Peter and the re-launch of Doctor Who in 2005) and I have delivered sculpting demonstrations and workshops at sci fi events and conventions across the UK.
    My website address is
    www.rayphillips.co.uk
  14. Member Since
    Dec 2017
    Dec 14, 2017, 12:14 PM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12639

Hi there, just joined today! I have been building props for around 5 years now, mostly Star Wars and Tarantino film props! I'm excited to become a part of this great community!
    Dec 14, 2017, 11:03 PM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12640

Hi
    I been a member just a few months sorry for the late intro. Actually still not used to navigating on here. I'm in Tampa fl btw.
    On another note I just got a star lord mask kit from Joatrash and looking to see who can finish it.
    ThanksClick image for larger version. 

Name:	received_1910508619212773.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	780079

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  16. Member Since
    Nov 2017
    From
    Sacramento Ca
    Dec 15, 2017, 6:50 PM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12641

Sorry, I didnt see this intro thread! I am a first time mobvie maker prop builder. my family and I are making a SW fan film I have gained a lot of info on prop making here. Thank you so much. here is a link to a trailer for the film we will be releasing soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXuvd9fHsdE

There are pics of the props we made here: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=283900
    From
    Durban
    Dec 16, 2017, 9:10 AM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12642

Hey there!

After being a Star Wars fan for as long as I can remember, wearing those cheap predominantly fabric kids costumes and loving to dress up as characters or people from films or games, I came to a realization after watching the latest Star Wars Movie (The Last Jedi), and that was that I could /keep/ doing it, only this time with a significantly ramped up budget from when I was a child. I have a strong desire to eventually nab myself a full Phasma outfit, I just fell in love with Phasma in the first two of this new trilogy. I googled up outfits online and ordering more professional costumes, and I found this place! I eagerly signed up and now here I am!

Now that's just a brief insight as how I came to join! Other than my still-existing childhood desire to dress up as sci-fi or fantasy characters, I'm a South-African-Born (And living) artist (Trying to be anyhow) with a deep love for The Lord of The Rings, The Silmarillion and everything beneath the LOTR umbrella. My second love is Star Wars, having grown up with the prequels (Such a crime, I know), I instantly fell in love with the universe and its lore, only deepened by my watching of the sequels. Much like LOTR Star Wars will always have a special place in my heart and I hope to embroil myself in the fandom and see if I can nab myself a costume (or four).

I look forward to getting to know people from here and seeing all the amazing things you do!
  18. Member Since
    Dec 2017
    Dec 18, 2017, 9:20 AM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12643

After years of putting my talents to use for my two daughter's figure skating, school, singing and drama props and shows I finally have the chance to have a little fun for me. Love Cosplay and the the unlimited potential to build cool things from the movies and games that I loved. Always was a massive fan of Halloween and just "meh!" about Christmas so when the latest Star Wars series hit it was a chance to break up the season of blah!
    My first builds fo Rogue One was Darth Nihilus, Sith Acolyte and a Dark Trouper for the movie opening. Used many plans and ideas from this forum so many thanks. This year was Sabine Wren, Bo Katan and Revan for the Last Jedi. Lots of fun when people stop you for pictures with them and the high fives and comments. For the second year in a row the Cineplex manager pulled us aside for photos in front of the Star Wars display. Totally hooked and looking forward to my next builds.
    Dec 18, 2017, 4:05 PM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12644

Hello all, been lurking for awhile and finally decided to make an account.
    I'm mostly a lightsaber fan, being a member of some saber forums and facebook groups. Love watching the research and discovery of Star Wars props on here. Currently own a TLJ Graflex 2.0, heavily upgraded, with a Korbanth Kylo, Luke Ep. 8 and Darth Sidious on the way. Glad to be here!
    From
    Beveren-Waas Belgium Europe
    Dec 18, 2017, 11:06 PM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12645

hi all, i'm Steven but you can call me grizz. everybody does here at home.

origanally from belgium/ Europe

i'm a huge star wars fan and currently busy with some resin kits.
    i also like other scifi series like star trek, alien , etc., as long as it's scifi

tanx for the add btw
  21. RPF Premium Member
    Dec 18, 2017, 11:21 PM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12646

Hello,
    My name is Emma and I am a hardcore potterhead. I am mostly interested in replica and screen used props. I will post some pictures of my collection soon! Excited to be a part of this wonderful community
  22. Member Since
    Dec 2017
    Dec 19, 2017, 3:35 PM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12647

Hi everyone,

I'm Stephen, from West Palm Beach Fl. Huge movie buff and FINALLY got around to joining the site.
    I've been busy building a Jurassic Park themed crate to give my dad his Christmas Present in. I'll post some pictures after Christmas!
  23. Member Since
    Dec 2017
    Dec 20, 2017, 11:45 PM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12648

Hello! I've been a long time lurker since I began my Jyn Erso cosplay back in late May (it's finished now but she's in the process of getting upgraded). I'm mostly into painting and weathering props as well as making props. Recently I finished a Cassian cosplay and made the holster, the boot flaps, weathering and painting the blaster/the 3D printed pieces. I worked on my Jyn as well making the same things. Currently I'm on a quest to get a Seventh Sister cosplay going but we'll see how that goes! Next up is working on foam armor since I haven't gotten the chance to do so yet BUT I'm very excited to learn. I'm more into Star Wars cosplays but am always open to work on other costumes as well. Most of my photos/work can be found over on my instagram: maddibearrr (that's 3 r's at the end). Thanks!
  24. Member Since
    Dec 2017
    Dec 21, 2017, 1:25 PM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12649

Hello awesome people of the rpf.

I found you guys through the tested youtube channel.
    I'm Kim from the netherlands, a mom and a chronic creator of all things weird (or so they say).
    Since I want to try something new after fashion and cloth costuming I started to research casting and foam armor building AND HERE YOU ARE!!!!
    You guys have already been such an incredible inspiration and the kids love your work and keep asking for more costumes.
    And now I'll go back to lurking and learning from you all.
    Hope to see all your projects and techniques and I hope eventually to be able to contribute.
  25. Member Since
    Aug 2017
    From
    Bremerton
    Dec 22, 2017, 7:46 PM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12650

HI all,

So I joined a while ago and I don't recall if I ever introduced myself.

I am a long time So. Cal Renaissance Faire worker that was more a living historian than anything else. I was 8 when Empire Strikes Back came out, so of course now I can finally live the dream, and going the Force.

Thank you for letting me join, I am still trying to figure out what I want to do first, I have a lot of ideas and I'm looking forwards to getting lost in all the threads.

Thank you, Danny