Hello,

I have always been a big fan of cosplay and making props. Although I'm very new at it. I haven't really started. Been doing a lot of research on the cosplay I want to do, but beyond that I don't know where to start. My first cosplay I want to do a Steampunk Zelda. That's why I joined RPF. Hoping to get advise from some of the many talented people on here. Also to see the cosplay community. It's nice not feeling like an outcast in a small town now.

Nice to meet you!!!

Hi my name is Greg I'm a huge fan of scream love my scream robes. I have seen a robe that's really shiny and goldfish would love to know who makes this or where I could get the material for it

I haven't actually tried to do anything yet, I recently started some woodworking but with no ideas it fell flat. I heard about this site through Adam Savage's podcast, and I'd like to know a good project for beginning carvers or woodworkers. I'd like to do prop weapons or wands and the like, anything possible, I'm open to suggestions.

Been on here for a couple weeks and only just stumbled across this now, so here we go:

Greetings everybody

Figured it was time to introduce myself here.
Through the last couple months I have been active on the Sith Lord Detachment Forum slowing building my dream Return of the Jedi Darth Vader and I figured it was about that began posting some of my progress here in a build thread.

I have loved love Star Wars since a very young age, although my introduction was a little obscure. My first memory was seeing someone in grade 2 with one of the cross section books and thinking what on earth is that? But it wasn't until grade 3 when I was in a Blockbuster Video Store where borrowed Episode 6 on VHS and Episode 1 on DVD. I know I watched episode 6 first but I don’t remember anything else about that first viewing, but I was hooked!

I love to build things and problem solve, which resulted in 3 bookshelves of Star Wars LEGO…. (but that is another story for another day) It also led me to wanting to learn about building other things. I love building furniture and doing other woodwork and have also learnt 3D modelling love using to model movie prop replicas which I 3D print. I have enjoyed using these skills to gradually build my Vader costume.

I look forward to meeting other members on the forum!

Hi, I registered a while ago and was lurking ever since. I love craftsmanship in props that I see here and I always wanted to build something myself, but didn't know where to start and didn't know what to do with things I would make.

Last month a friend told me she wanted to cosplay as Fang from final fantasy and asked me if I can make it. I said sure, and month later she had her own bladed lance. It was not perfect, but I think still kinda ok for first build.

Now I am making ebony and ivory guns from dmc, got order to make deadpool weapons and there is even talk about N7 armor, so I decided to become active here, show my works and hopefully get some advice.

Hello all.

My name is Jake. I'm a photographer and prop maker in Nashville, TN. I mostly work in cosplay/fashion photography and non-firing prop firearms that look like the genuine article, but I do a lot of whatever else as well.

Hello everyone! My name is Brian and I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to join. I'm a huge Star Wars fan and has just recently joined Astromech.net hoping to build an R2 within the next year of so. I have seen alot of amazing work here. Keep it up!

Greetings all.

I have been lurking for months. Reading and learning.
I hope to begin creating some cosplay stuff of my own in the very near future.
Thanks for sharing your work..it is very inspiring for a newbie like me.

Sean Harrington. Reading and lurking like most other newbies. Finally have enough shop room to start building some of the things I've waited for 25 years to do (kids and family get in the way, happily). I'm in Woodland Hills, CA, a NW suburb of Los Angeles. I do woodworking (all scales), 3D design and printing, laser cutting, and vacuu-forming (soon).

Hello all, decided to finally join. Been searching and getting great ideas. From the good all Seattle WA. Go Seahawks! Ironman and Avengers fan. Looking into starting my first war machine build. Cant wait to start.

Hi All! I've been stalking rpf for a good bit and finally stopped slacking off enough to sign up! :) I am a member of Jedi OKC here in OKC, OK and hope to gain a good deal of insight into processes, files, ideas, etc to help enhance the costumes I have (Jedi, Clone, Mando, Scoundrel, etc) and the ones I am working on (currently Kylo Ren). Cheers and MTFBWY!

Hello All !
My name is Enzo Niro, I'm 18 and I'm from France, I'm a student in electronics, I'm a Ghostbusters Fan and more science fiction(Star wars, alien, judge dredd...).
A friend advise me this forum to see and share props and costumes.

Hola, gracias por dejarme formar parte de este foro. Saludos.
Hello, thank's to let me to be a part on this forum.....sorry but muy english is toó poor...:(

Hi folks!

I'm relatively new to the whole costuming thing. I started with a Stargate uniform a few years ago (yay military surplus stores and a few patches), graduated last year to making a Hawkeye costume, and this year I've made a fem!Tenth Doctor costume and am currently cursing my Frigga from Thor: A Dark World costume (see request for help thread in another forum). Thanks to a friend, I was pointed here and he suggested that I join and request help from all of you lovely people. So here I am, requesting help.

G'day!

Thought Id pop in, say hi and quit lurking. I came across the RPF while doing some reading up on the M2019. My dad's favorite movie is Blade Runner and I was looking for places either to buy a decent replica or figure out how to build one.. maybe do some kit bashing.. thought itd be a nice present for his 36th wedding anniversary. The work and artistry you guys put into what you do here absolutely blows my mind. The level of detail and the lengths you go through to reproduce some of the stuff you guys reproduce makes my head spin.. down to figuring out where all the tiniest details come from (like the heat sync for the DL-44).

As for me personally.. I like building models and I love working behind the scenes on things. I like getting in with my hands and putting model kits together. I dont have the time, the patience, the skill or the talent to sculpt and carve out details and parts on my own.. let alone the money needed to buy or rent the equipment needed lol. You guys that do this stuff for fun (or even for a living) really have my deepest respects. Thanks for posting everything you guys do here, half the fun of being on the RPF is watching your projects slowly come to life over time, like with the Millinium Falcon's bridge. Thanks for the education as well as the entertainment!

Kish

Hi!!!!
I've actually been just lurking here for quite a few years and decided to maybe register and come out of my closet. heehee I have a little bit of a problem talking to people but I so so so love creating stuff from other stuff. I've learned so much from here and im really sorry if im just too shy to go ahead and join in the fun. I found out about rpf while generally researching on crafting techniques since I like so much to just work my hands on making stuff.

I don't call myself a gamer but I love playing video games and I do it a lot when I'm not busy trying to make my house look more like a warehouse. I'm also an anime enthusiast and a BIG BIG Marvel, LOTR. GoT Fan. Most of the things I do are quite random, I do some prop work, prosthetic make up, costume sewing and I also bake cakes and make them look like they should just be for display heehee.

I promise that from now on I'll stop stalking and start talking. Love you guys to bits! :D

Newbie to the site, after finding out about replica farnsworths. I am an ex watchmaker's assistant (doing my qualifications next year), and learning leather work then as well. I love steampunk style of warehouse 13 and have visted datamancer's page (my he rest in peace). That is kinda what I am striving towards.

So I am looking for inspirations on how to make a actual working phone style farnsworth; thus far all i have seen is the ringer and a pre determined video. I was thinking something more like a actual phone with text messaging capabilities and phone calls, both video and audio .

Kind Regards
ShenLun

Heyo!
I'm Zigzag! Representing Therpf here in NorCal!
I'm originally a lurker and i decided to finally sign up :D I've been cosplaying since the 6th grade, starting with my Ash Ketchum Costume and i made a last minute Steampunk costume in 7th grade, in 8th grade i made a REALLY crappy Miles Morales costume, but it passed and worked. I'm currently in my freshman year and have a Orhadar Comic Spiderman costume, now all i gotta do is get fit!

I'm also a Relgious Catholic boy (Which is why Daredevil is one of my favorites, but nothing beats Spiderman IMO)

Future Cosplay Plans:
*Movie Deadpool
*Red suit Daredevil from netflix
*Batman (haven't decided which one yet)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back