Hi everyone!

I'm Dave from Las Vegas and I found out about this forum through YouTube with the Back to the Future Nike Mag review.

I was thinking of making one for my friend, who's a bigger fan of the films than I am but would like to surprise him on his birthday in late October (but before October 21, 2015)!

Anyway, I will be checking out the forum but probably won't start on detailing the Nike shoes that I recently bought on Ebay (the cheap costume one with the blue box, I'm on a budget) just yet until next month because I have to do repairs on my house!

I'll be around!

Hello all, my name is Brian.

I'm new to the RPF as a forum member, although I've known about it for several years as a result of my costuming hobby and have lurked here from time to time or when I needed to research something very specific to my fandom interests. Since this is THE place to be when it comes to prop creation and replication, I expect to be doing a lot more of the latter as time goes by.

I live in Virginia and I'm a stormtrooper (TK2918) and member of the 501st Legion, specifically Garrison Tyranus. I'm also a long time member of the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment (FISD).

Anyway, I'll see you all around the community - both online and (perhaps one day) in real life. :)

I'm finally part of the community,
I've been coming to this site for years but never joined. I am a police officer in Oklahoma and, before that, I was in commercial art for most of my adult life. I have stayed a kid at heart and love making props and costumes (just for Halloween for me). When I was growing up I mainly did monster FX and thought I would go into that field throughout high school. But I started illustrating more and ended up doing that instead. A few years I made another change and became a cop. I still love all this stuff though and my creative nature never went away. Hope you feel confident enough to contribute in the future. So many amazing talents on this site.

My intro....I've skimmed through some threads but did not register until today. I was hand cutting my pep files and my husband bought me a cameo 2 to do the cutting for me. I ran into some problems I can't find addressed anywhere regarding using a cameo 2 instead of the original cameo. Was hoping to find some help here. I've only done 1 build so far. A complete Daedric armor with mace (haha I did the mace as my vy very first build- that was probably the hardest piece of all). Hoping to get a darth vader suit built it I can get the cameo to cutting. Then a few pieces for a R2D2 and C3PO and if I can swing it, a jawa blaster. Building group costumes for my family (I'm married and have 2 kids).

Well, I'm basically brand new to this. I live in NYC and don't have a garage or shop or anything. If anyone local is building and needs help, especially SW stuff, let me know. I'd love to help. Hoping to eventually find a kit to mod my mauser replica to be an ESB DL44 blaster. But I love some of the builds on this site, and my son really likes Marvel movie props so want to get some ideas for stuff for him. Can't wait to learn.

Hi Everyone, I am new to posting here but I have used the forums to research prop details quite a bit over the years. While I am unable to build physical props I have enjoyed modeling them in 3D using SketchUp. My interest is mainly Star Wars props and so far it has been a few lightsabers and blasters that I have modeled. I just discovered something about the T-21 Light Repeating Blaster that I feel is worth sharing so I have decided to start posting here instead of just lurking in the shadows like Garindan

-JediCharles

Hell-O there! My name is Robin and I am working with an amateur Theatre group hoping to pick up a few tricks to help with the costumes and props. :)

Hey people. So new guy here, best to make introductions. I am 35, from Southampton in the UK, I am interested in many 90's shows but new to the idea of making the props from them myself. I have a few projects in mind, the first two are replicating the linking books from the Myst series of video games and a replica Kosh the Vorlon costume from Babylon 5.

it is a pleasure to be here on this site. I discovered it from a podcast with Will, Adam & Norm on the Tested website called Still Untitled.

Have a good day people, see you all soon :D

Hello all, my name is Brian.

I'm new to the RPF as a forum member, although I've known about it for several years as a result of my costuming hobby and have lurked here from time to time or when I needed to research something very specific to my fandom interests. Since this is THE place to be when it comes to prop creation and replication, I expect to be doing a lot more of the latter as time goes by.

I live in Virginia...

Hi, Brian (and all other "newbies"!) :)

Didjya' see the Gary Larson cartoon, a couple of women are being carried on pallets up the volcano by cheerful native islanders --- one looks thoughtful, and says:

"Did you see their faces light up when they found out we were VIRGINIANS???"

...and I'm a stormtrooper (TK2918) and member of the 501st Legion, specifically Garrison Tyranus. I'm also a long time member of the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment (FISD).
Very cool! Do you wear the white helmets & suits like on the movie?

Anyway, I'll see you all around the community - both online and (perhaps one day) in real life. :)

:thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,
Brief intro here. Fairly new to this, been following some threads but never registered... took me a while hah. Anyway, 25, from Spain. Always found this place a friendly site to seek guidance in projects, so very excited to browse the forums!

Cheers.

Hello! I'm Mary. I'm a 30 year old amateur costumer from Nashville, Tennessee, I minored in fashion in college and have made clothes for 15 years, but I'm just starting to get into cosplay and have so many questions! I don't really know anyone in my area who does it, so I'm glad to have found a source.

So excited to get started in this community!

Greetings from the UK! I'm a new member to this forum but have been lurking for a while. I am a university lecturer who is attempting a 3d print costume build to show my students another potential career choice with the 3D modeling skills I teach. And advice you can give me on finishing the print so it looks profession would be greatly appreciated. In return I can help you with 3d modeling problems. My software of choice is Autodesk Maya. I was in the UK vfx industry for 10 years and worked on several films including John Carter and Man of Steel.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Good afternoon!

I am very excited to be a part of the community. My name is John Mosman from Logan, UT and I have all kinds of interests. I love art, music, sports, design...the list continues, but my heart really belongs to anything Batman.

I am currently in the beginning stages of creating my own Batman costume based on techniques and designs that I've seen from members of this community. Thanks to all that have been willing to help and advise. Pictures of the build will be posted as I progress. This will be my first attempt at building a costume and I could not be more excited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings from the UK! I'm a new member to this forum but have been lurking for a while. I am a university lecturer who is attempting a 3d print costume build to show my students another potential career choice with the 3D modeling skills I teach. And advice you can give me on finishing the print so it looks profession would be greatly appreciated. In return I can help you with 3d modeling problems. My software of choice is Autodesk Maya. I was in the UK vfx industry for 10 years and worked on several films including John Carter and Man of Steel.

Well some of that message was bad English! Predictive text on my phone messed it up. It should have said 'any advice you can give me to enhance and finish off the costume so it looks professional would be greatly appreciated'

Hello, Leathurkatt here,

I am a multi-generational costumer and crafts person as well as a third generation artist raised around professional artists - my mother has been sewing since age 10 and has made garb for Black Powder Rendezvous, SCA/Ren Faires (including Belly Dance outfits), and Pow Wow regalia, along with a number of crafts which include quilts, yarn crafts, fabric painting, bead work, jewelry, quill work, leather, fur, clay, and wood. I grew up with a lot of this since age 2. My paternal grandmother also made hand crafts. Both of my parents and my maternal grandfather are/were artists, and my paternal grandfather was an amateur photographer. I have learned sewing (both machine and hand), wood working, leather/fur work, chain mail, bead work, embroidery, quilting, jewelry making, and some yarn crafts, and would like to expand my repertoire of crafting skills to make various costumes and props for myself to wear/use at conventions and SCA/Ren Faires. Being an eclectic person by nature, I rarely stay with only one genre or fandom, let alone a single character or costume type, but instead I let my imagination roam a number of possibilities. I am also a staff member of a geek culture podcast called Nerdversity 101 and I have worked as volunteer security staff for a number of local conventions in the Pacific North West over the years since I began attending them in 1994. Much of my work (at least what's been photographed and/or scanned) is posted on my Deviant Art account if anyone is interested in taking a look.

Hey guys, I'm a total newbie to prop making but it's something I'm seriously interested in as a career. Obviously I've got to learn the basics! Any tips for me at all? Any basics I should know or try? I'm an absolute massive fan of Harry Potter, so want to make my own wand! Also any hints or tips on making moulds? Thanks guys

Hello there!

Im new to the forum and thought I'd pop on in ans tell how I got here. I am a frequent watcher of the Tested Channel on YouTube and they talk about this forum constantly and I thought it would be a great way to find out how to build my own movie props for my collection. I'm a very big Starwars fan and like everybody I'd like to build my own Han Solo DL-44 Blaster and I figured this would be an excellent way to start. I'm enjoy and am good at building stuff with my hands. And I can't wait to start poking around on the site. Forgot to say I'm from sunny Southern CA. Thanks

Best Regards,

Mike

Greetings, I'm Hannah. I mostly mess around.
I was trained as a woodworker from a young age but I enjoy dabbling in all mediums. Currently I'm learning 3d printing (and completing my first build) I look forward to seeing what I can discover here. I'm currently working on some Tiki room props, I'm sure I'll have loads of questions later down the road.

Hello! I've been lurking here for a few months, and I finally decided to register and participate in the forums. I am mostly interested in Star Wars, particularly the lightsabers, but I have a wide range of interests in other fandoms.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back