Hello all!

Been propping a few months now. I started with an ODST helmet while following posts on the 405th. Just now getting into Star Wars TFA stuff. I am hoping to get a stormtrooper suit finished by the release of the movie.

Here is what I have been able to complete so far after a couple of weeks. Pepakura file credit goes to Rundown.
14.jpg

It's exciting to be here. There are a lot of very talented people in this community.

Hi Everyone!

My name is Jorge and i'm a totally newbie in this world of cosplaying/modeling/casting i have in mind many wishes that i'm sure in how i see this community will be my good start :)
Cheers

Hi people

For a while I've been wanting to get into prop making and now i have some spare time on my hands I've decided to make headway.
I've had some experience of costume making as both myself and my dad are part of the 501st UK garrison.
My favorite film is The Fith Element and I thought that making the 4 element stones would be a nice beginner prop to make, if anyone can direct to a build thread it would be appreciated.
Many thanks. :)

hello,

my name is wilko and i'm from hte netherlands.
i like to make something from marvel but i have 2 left hands.
i very much like ironman of taskmaster, wolverine DC batman .
can maybe someway help me with files from 1 of the heroes.
thnx

Hello!
My name is Juan Camilo and I'm from Colombia!
I love this page so much, and actually I'm not new over here, I was here since 2009 i guess..
Greetings from Colombia, I'll be posting some cool stuff...

Hello everyone,

I'm Aaron, or Jax as I seem to be slowly become known as around the internet more and more. I'm trying to get more into building my props and everything.. until then boy it's buy buy buy.. that or have my fiance, soon to be wife help me with costuming. We both have extensive lists of costumes and ideas so somehow we'll get those done eventually.

Hello all!!!!

I'm a freelance theatre technician and after making weird and wonderful props/set/costume for professional productions I thought I'd start making whatever took my fancy for myself.
I have qualifications in engineering systems, welding (MIG,TIG,MMA and oxy-acetylene) and CAD so thespian proofing prop testicles was clearly the next career path to follow...

Basically looking to receive/ pass on advice and to fulfil my needs at this time to find the British equivalent of the two part compounds used in rubber mould making most found Stateside

After which PROPS EVERYWHERE!!!! (at least as far as the RPF rules allow it)

JS

Hey Yall!
Tyler here from muggy south carolina. I heard about this site from seeing tons of awesome Iron Man cosplays, I lurked a bunch of threads and started forming an idea for my own Iron Man suit, in my school colors. I'm still in the planning stages, but Im hoping it turns out half as good as the projects here!

hi guys!

my name is Marcello, i come from Ravenna, Italy. I find out you're site is simply the best (i've find out pepakura model for my iron man mark 6 armor here!!!!!!)
I just want to say.....thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:))))

Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

Hey Everyone,

Klaus here, your standard college senior majoring in aerospace engineering. I've been obsessed with the small little things (patches, keys, ect.) for a while now. Also I'm a commercially rated pilot. Since I fly around a lot I was looking for small prop replicas that I could take with me in (or on) my flight bag and was inevitably led here. Being an aerospace Engineering major I love anything to do with space and aircraft, hard to guess right? Cya out there.

Hello everyone, my name is Ian and I joined the RPF to because I have always been into props and costumes and need some expertise from time to time. I really like science fiction horror and most other effect heavy film genres. I really look forward to being part of such an awesome site.

Hey Everyone,

Klaus here, your standard college senior majoring in aerospace engineering.
Nice -- I look forward to your engineering some fantastic props! (Ohhh, double meaning; an airplane pin is a prop WITH A PROP!)

I've been obsessed with the small little things (patches, keys, ect.) for a while now. Also I'm a commercially rated pilot. Since I fly around a lot I was looking for small prop replicas that I could take with me in (or on) my flight bag and was inevitably led here. Being an aerospace Engineering major I love anything to do with space and aircraft, hard to guess right? Cya out there.

I also love all things flying (and space); but it's an actual addiction with Zeppelins and me. There's always a silver vintage GRAF stick-pin on my collar! I have an actual "Zeppelin Captain" pin (paid more than $500 for that), DLZ127 patches, etcetera. Oh -- a salad plate from the Graf, couldn't afford a dinner plate. :-/

Do you like vintage military pins reflecting aviation? There are many variations of "wings"; parachute, airplane, and yes LTA (of course I have an LTA!)...

Hi, I'm still a student, however in my spare time I build/make props. I'm dedicated to making my work as accurate as possible. Main focus Spider-Man/ superheroes.

Do you like vintage military pins reflecting aviation? There are many variations of "wings"; parachute, airplane, and yes LTA (of course I have an LTA!)...

Yeah there are about as money types of wings as there air aircraft out there. They are cool, I haven't collected many of them however. Being a pilot I would love to get in and fly some of the older aircraft (WWI & WWII era), but I haven't had that chance yet. The patches on the other hand, I have a whole mess of them. I have a 352nd Fighter Group patch from WW2, and I am talking to some people about an Ares III mission patch from "The Martian". I have several bags with velcro all on them and I am constantly adding patches to the rotation on my bags.

Hello all,

I'm new, and by new I mean I haven't even been lurking here, I just found this place the other day. I happen to be married to a crafty person and seamstress, and a desire for my kiddos to have costumes better than any I had has led me to start learning more about costumes. Getting to see cosplay in person for the first time, kinda sunk it into me that I want kicking costumes also. So, here to watch, read, learn, and do.

Yeah there are about as many types of wings as there are aircraft out there. They are cool, I haven't collected many of them however. Being a pilot I would love to get in and fly some of the older aircraft (WWI & WWII era), but I haven't had that chance yet.
My brother flew the "Aluminum Overcast", B-17. They don't let you fly it any more; but you can still get the jacket. I took ground school, but never flying lessons; some day I will...

What all do you fly? Flying a single-engine 4-seater is soooo different from riding commercial; you clearly see your craft is not moving in the direction it's pointed!

The patches on the other hand, I have a whole mess of them. I have a 352nd Fighter Group patch from WW2, and I am talking to some people about an Ares III mission patch from "The Martian". I have several bags with velcro all on them and I am constantly adding patches to the rotation on my bags.

Very cool; such collections are very parallel to "props" -- they allow us to participate vicariously in things we'll never be able to. Like zeppelins -- where will I ever book passage on an oceanic cruise ship? (The Graf was the way to go; tiny cabins, but each had a WINDOW! You could fall asleep gazing out at a poor unlucky ship plowing a wake 5000 feet below!) I have 3D pictures of the Graf and Hindenberg. I can "fly" on them any time I want!

Sooo --- how many people know what "UP SHIP!" means?

Hello all,

I'm new, and by new I mean I haven't even been lurking here, I just found this place the other day. I happen to be married to a crafty person and seamstress, and a desire for my kiddos to have costumes better than any I had has led me to start learning more about costumes. Getting to see cosplay in person for the first time, kinda sunk it into me that I want kicking costumes also. So, here to watch, read, learn, and do.

Travelling --- does your wife know you call her "crafty", behind her back???

;-P

Hello,

I found out about the site while researching the various Star Wars studio scale models, and those are my main interests. I plan on doing my first kit bash to make the Studio Scale Tie Bomber very soon.

I hope to enjoy meeting everyone on the forum, an having a fun time.

Landon

Hello! I am new as of about a week ago. I was brought here by the AMT Ecto-1 I'm building and the notion that one can build one's own Proton Pack. I am really interested in some prop gun resin kits like the Samaritan from Helboy, Malcolm Reynolds gun from Firefly, and of course the Blade Runner blaster. I am a novice but thats where we all start. Really excited to be a part of this community!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back