re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hi everyone. I've been a lurker here for years but kept missing the registration window. I love the amazing things you guys make. I joined up in January but since then have been really busy and sick with it so haven't got around to posting til now. I used to be really big on the hard armour, even sculpted some Jaffa pieces for myself a few years ago, but recently I am developing an admiration for material based costumes but would rather see a fusion of the two. At the minute I'm going through a Star Wars 'phase' (I say phase like it ever went away) but am also a keen Stargate fan. One day I hope to get back in to the sculpting and have a shot at Kroenen's vest from Hellboy.

Thank you for having me

Hi Everybody,
I’m Giovanni Celeste from Italy and I also a partime whipmaker.
Great forum with nice, helpful and friendly posts.
I look forward to my future on these boards
I’m very glad to be here in this forum.
Cheers
Gio

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey to all! I'm from just south of Nashville, TN (Spring Hill area). While I don't have the skill of some of you amazing people, I enjoy fooling around with making sort-of props. What's a sort-of prop? Well here is an example of my Mini Cooper being converted into Red 5.

And my re-imagining of the doors of Moria into closet doors
I joined as I plan on taking my Doors of Moria and using them to convert an unfinished basement into a themed office and theater. I'm hoping that research here can help me learn the techniques you use and put them to good use!

Hi @all.

My name is Axel and I´m from germany.

I´m a fan of Star Wars costumes / props and by my
intent to purchase a Grappling Hook, I found this website.

It´s amazing, what some members build.

Howdy all

been waiting for waaaay to long to get on here....lol and finally done it

in 35, live in the Uk and I am currently putting together a Vader outfit, had a lot of trial and error, especially through ebay but i suppose you live and learn.

Any advice on how to get my hands on a decent set of ROTS armour would be gratefully recieved.......considering the sithplanet set....anyone got any rocommendations on these guys?

great to meet you all and look forward to many a discussion

Another newbie to RPF. I am a Star Wars costumer in the Rebel Legion. I make thermal detonators, lightsabers, Jedi outfits, that sort of thing. Currently working on an interactive 1:1 blast doors project from The Phantom Menace. I'll put a build thread in here because this seems like a great place to get experienced insight.

Hi there, I'm making movie props for several years now and I love it. I hope this forum will be a good source of inspiration and help for me. So I'm really happy I joined!

Hi Everybody!

I'm Paul AKA Predator Paul. Most of you will already know me from The Hunters Lair and The Aliens Legacy forum. I'm a graphic designer and prop collector. I'm fortunate enough to have many costumes and props from Aliens, Predator, Terminator and most recently Indiana Jones. I'll post some pics soon of my costumes and replicas.

Regards

Paul :)

Hi to all RPF guys and greetings from New Zealand :) good to finally be registered here. I`m Till and pretty new into all that prop / replica thing. Nevertheless I`m very interested in all sorts of unique stuff from movies or appealing art. I`m one of those guys who keep searching the internet for loads and loads of pictures, videos and stories about different items. Damn I need a new hard drive again...

Although its obviously not a movie I´ve started working on Gordon Freeman`s HEV suit from Half-Life (VG) - I´m sure you guys will know what Im talking about ;) Cya later then

Hello!!

So obviously I'm new here... I've been following the forum for about a year and casually building things here and there. I love all things LOTR and X-files (as is evident by my SN) and they're the reasons I've gotten into props.

Looking forward to trading tips with all of you!

Hello all -

I'm Matt and I hail from the Chicagoland area. I started my own business making portable solar recharging pumps for pumping rain water from rain barrels to gardens, flowers, etc. Long time nerd and lurker, thought it was about time to stop lurking and start posting and hopefully making props.

hey everybody,

im adam, i come from central florida. when i had gainful employment i did electrical work and some fabrication for television news studios, i may have done some in your area. while there i had the opportunity to knock out a bunch of props and my own custom furniture. i was stoked to join up so i can get some ideas for future projects, because i have to work on something all the time, and get input on current projects.

ive been making replica props since i was 16, im almost 27 now. ive built 7 proton packs(over time, and i plan on making 2 more using a different approach), 2 ghost traps, a heman powersword, two thor mjollnirs, a full comedian from watchmen costume, skeets from booster gold, two green lanterns and many more. at one point i was attempting to build an L-Ron from the old JLA series. most dont really have progress photos, however i try to keep my plans if i ever want to revist that particular project.
my current project is a rocketeer helmet and jetpack.

Last edited:

Hi friends,

My name is Daniel and to be honest I am new to the replica field. Being a member of 501st, TK-4037, I primarily acquire props and kits from others to assemble into awesome gear that I later use to amaze the kids in order to gain charity funding.

However building costumes leads me into making my own props for personal use as well and this might take me into general prop making sometime soon, I would just love to create something with my own hands that look just like the movies... Lets see what happends. If nothing else I am a scavenger searching every little pile of junk (every corner of internet that is) for anything that can be used to build the props I need.

Hi everybody,

my name is Christian, im from Germany and fan of Terminator ... T2 was the best (so far...?) but I also like props from Terminator 1, 3 or 4 ...

I don't have that much yet, when I see some collections from other fans, just unbelievable... ;)

Will post some items soon, thank you and best regards ;)
Chris

Hi There,

I'm Hadley. I am the mother of a four year old who is dying for an Iron Man helmet and a Boba Fett mask. Coming from a family of artists and being very artistic myself, I thought I'd see how others were constructing their props to get ideas on how to make a pint sized version.

I'm also a photographer and I'm about to begin constructing mechanical wings for a shoot... so hopefully I will have those to post as well soon.

Honestly, I've never made props in my life. I sew, draw, paint... so everything might be total fail, but I am optimistic.

Cheers!

Hi all,

I live in France and I am interested in Star Wars and Iron Man props.

see you soon.

Hey Everyone! I've been lurking for a long time, waiting for registration, and even now I've been inexcusably tardy in posting in this thread to say hello! I call myself Drunk Idiot, but I'm not really drunk. Well, not right now, anyway. My friends call me Ian though. You guys can call me Ian. I guess my main interest lies with Doctor Who, in particular costumes (although I do own a full-scale TARDIS, and a couple of sonics), in even more particular, coats. Primarily David Tennant's coat,and some of the earlier frock coats. Also, a bit of a SW fan as well. And IJ. Oh, and BTTF, of course

Anyway, I'm honoured to be amongst such talented company, some of the stuff you guys pull off is utterly astounding.

I look forward to being dwarfed by you guys' exceptional abilities countless times in the future!

Cheers!

Hi everyone..

Long-time lurker (due to closed registration)... and I've never actually made a replica prop (yet), but I found this place mostly when searching for info on Sonic Screwdrivers, David Tennant's Suit and TARDIS building. So, I guess we know what I'm mostly interested in. So far, as a non-member, I've been lost in these forums for hours at a time and found lots of interesting stuff. Hopefully, now that I'm a member, I'll be able to get something awesome built.

Hi @all.

My name is Axel and I´m from germany.

I´m a fan of Star Wars costumes / props and by my
intent to purchase a Grappling Hook, I found this website.

It´s amazing, what some members build.

Hi Axel,

welcome to the RPF.

CU@FedCon next weekend?

Dietrich

Hi Im Alex and I live by Modesto CA. I'm married with one child. I helped on a B movie set in the early 90s and enjoyed it very much. I currently work in government as a property appraiser, and have a web development business that focuses on environmental and agriculture websites.

My prop collection is mainly Star wars helmets and bttf toys. My main goal joining this forum is to learn about prop making and collecting. I want to expand my BTTF collection and make my first major project a replica of Marty McFlys 1985 Toyota SR5.

Thank you for letting me join this exciting group

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back