Hi there all;
Im an Aussie and I build things out of wood for a hobbie.
My trade is toolmaking and I have an engineering degree and several management degrees.
I have a 22 year old daughter who is into Comic con and I build props fer her.
I also build wooden geared clocks for a hobbie.

My props so far include
A Harleyquin Pop Gun
Two Hellboy "Big Babys" one 1/2 scale for my daughter and a full scale just for me.
A Riddlers cane
A Jokers Daughter Scythe
A life size replica monkey wrench and crow bar for her friends Joker costume
and assorted other small props.

Just finished the Big Baby for me and I'm now working on a Good Samaritan gun also from Hellboy.

The daughter has expressed interest in some other props including Lokies staff and Hellboys Hand of Doom, Ill start working on these soon.

I have already posted pics of the large Hellboy Big Baby, Ill tell you its a huge weapon, and heavy even after I hollowed it out as much as possible.
Here are some pics of the monkey wrench, the cops stopped the boy from entering Comic con saying real tools are not allowed, until they felt the weight (its wood)
334ulqa.jpg

2ynicuh.jpg

Hi and I want to thank the members of this site, you all have helped me out a lot with my build!

First time builder, with zero artistic talent and maybe cosplayer. Still trying to get up the nerve to wear my project to a local Con in November.

Project started out as just a display armor for my house and has turned in to "Why don't you wear it to the Con in November?" (said a friend of mine). Didn't have a good answer, so said ok. Now after spending the last 6 months building, I am hooked and already planning my next project!

Have lurked on this site for many months and have used the many resources that the very, very, very talented people have shown and would like to thank everyone for contributing to my new obsession!

Greetings! Let's get this out of the way. I love props! I love electronics! I have a slight obsession of 70's Alien (franchise) tech. I have been a follower of the RPF for a LONG time and now I am finally able to join! Hurrah! \o/ I hope now I can finally get the ideas out of my head and into my hands! anywho...time to start exploring the site! (again :p) cheers!

Hi all. Name's Goodwin, long time lurker, first time poster. Spent a career in the US Army in Reconnaissance, and am in the middle of transitioning into Theatre and Screen Props work. Technically I'm still a college student (feel like Billy Madison), but I've already been getting short term gigs around Seattle as a Props Master at some of the mid level stages here. My wife was the one who introduced me to the world of theatre, and jokes about being the only hetero male in a building filled with attractive women. I love working in props, it's never filled with problems, only challenges and puzzles to be solved. That's me at a most basic level, and what things I haven't said can be gleamed from that Sherlockian style.

Hi, everybody. You can call me BoSkarr, or Bo. Either one is fine.
I have been making my own props for several years now.
I started off over at The Hunters Lair(now known as the Predatorium), and then I got into Doctor Who and joined Project Dalek.

I have built replica Spartan armor(like the ancient Greek warriors, not the Halo Spartans), a Wolf Predator costume(AVP:R), an Alien costume, and I was working on building Colonial Marine armor and a Dalek the last time I moved cross country(almost two years ago).
Since then, I have not had the space or resources to do much. That, and I lost my hot glue gun in the move.

I also started watching anime not too long ago. First one I ever really liked was Sword Art Online. After that was Log Horizon and then Familiar of Zero.

I want to do a *modern* Assassin's Creed cosplay at some point. I live in a rural area, so there aren't any good conventions around here.

I am also collector of various bladed tools and weapons. Knives, machetes, tomahawks, so on and so forth.
I'm sure some of you will get upset by some of my posts, as I know 100% that some of them will involve actual weapons.

I recently purchased an old machete that was made in the Czech Republic, but it does not have a scabbard. So, I want to make a scabbard and harness similar to what Kirito had in SAO.
That's where the trouble comes in. I want it to look like a prop, but be able to handle the abuse of 8 hours outside hacking through weeds and branches.

I am sure I will have a lot of fun and learn quite a bit from this site.

I probably won't be on much after the next 8 months, as I am enlisting into the US Army when I turn 17. Hoping for an Option 40 contract when I enlist. The recruiter I am going to see is cool, and is the same recruiter that my other friends are or went to, so hopefully he will be able to get me an Option 40.

Also, I am sure quite a bit of the stuff I do will have some military theme.

Hi everyone!

My real name is Tonie but everyone calls me Willow.
Lets see how to start this?

Well I am a stay at home mom, I run an online shop. I make and sell all kinds of goodies. I have two children, my daughter who is into all sorts of wild and great things. She loves Cosplay and theater. My son he's into Ninjas and action. He is autistic, non verbal with sensory processing disorder. Which can be very stressful at times but we are working hard on that.

I am a seamstress, I been sewing since I was 12 and I am always still learning new tips and tricks and just fascinated with how much everything has expanded since I began. I used to be involved with our local theater from building sets to prop building. After my son was born I had to make a hard decision of putting my passion on hold as we tried to figure out how to improve his environment. I did attend collage a short time for both film and theater but never graduated. I do mostly Medieval and Renaissance type costuming but I have expanded to other forms. I plan to keep expanding as I really want to get into scifi cosplaying :)

I enjoy learning and creating and I am excited in reading all I can from everyone here!
See you in the forums and again nice to "Meet" you!!!

Hi I just joined today. I've been building props and armor for about two years now. I'm really into gaming and Anima so most of my stuff is from one of those two. I currently only have two cosplay: Fenris from dragon age 2 and haar from fire emblem: radiant dawn.

hello all i just stumbled on this site and was looking for ideas on how to make tiefling horns. i wanted to go to comic con but didnt have my costume done in time.. maybe i will for halloween?

Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

Hey,
My names Adam. I hope I'm doing this right. I'm new to this arena and have just discovered Pep. Used to make archery bows n made a couple for friends who have larped/cosplayed as elves. Any help and advice would be helpful. I'm a massive Batman and Green Arrow fan, archer and private investigator...think I'm emulating my heroes...lol

- - - Updated - - -

Hey,
My names Adam. I hope I'm doing this right. I'm new to this arena and have just discovered Pep. Used to make archery bows n made a couple for friends who have larped/cosplayed as elves. Any help and advice would be helpful. I'm a massive Batman and Green Arrow fan, archer and private investigator...think I'm emulating my heroes...lol

Hello!
I'm Frost. 18, been cosplaying for about 4 years now. I'm really into comics and scifi, especially Star Trek. My current projects are Anders from Dragon Age, Thranduil, and Imperator Furiosa. I decided to sign up here to try to find more tips and insight and help from fellow cosplayers who probably have more experience than I do :)

Hello everyone.

My name is Brian and I am a 41 year old graphic artist and art professor by trade. Have collected a lot of various sci if memorabilia through the years (primarily various ray guns -replicas and resin kits alike). Working on my first cosplay costume of Star Lord for an upcoming convention here in Tulsa and this site and it's members have been a great help. Also I realized putting this cosplay costume together is a lot like WW2 reenacting (another hobby of mine) that is it is all about the details and ALOT of research to get it right. I know this costume and it's related props won't be my last replica prop.

Thank you
Brian aka flyingeye

HI everyone,

Found out about the RPF by watching Adam Savage and his "Man Cave" on youtube. This guy is "living the dream" as they say. I live in Northern Ireland and I've never made props before but have a big interest in this area which has grown over the past year or so to the point where I am now interested in making my own.

I am about to embark on what will be at least a 2 year project building a Studio replica of the Millenium Falcon and I'm hoping I will learn from the amazing talent on the RPF and build something I can be proud of. We will see.......

I'd like to share my build with the community if you are interested and I look forward to following the builds of others, learning (LOTS) and perhaps gain the confidence to build more often and create something great myself in the future.

So yeah.........thanks........see you all later.

Hi, My name is Steve, also know as "supercoolin" from my years of building sub zero phase change cooled computers for overclocking. A few months ago I was diagnosed with terminal leukemia and given a short time to hang around. During my second round of chemo my Grandson proposed that I help him with the building of the Enterprise Refit. Not having built a scale model since I was a kid, I said no problem. Now after three months of research, collection of parts and a lot of screw ups, we have managed to get the ship to the final paint stages

Here is the progress:

https://youtu.be/9DsTncnWf1Y

https://youtu.be/YUYnXPaYtWk

IMG_1112.JPG

Disassembled and now it is the time to paint the Aztec scheme when I receive the paint masks from Orbital Drydock.

Is there any other sources for Aztec paint masks out there? I am getting very impatient.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello there, on the hunt that has become a mission to find an original graflex 3 cell flash gun and stumbled across this site, hopefully I can find some help through you guys!

Wassup you guys I'm new to this forum stuff!! I'm looking for a power rangers hope watch communicator for sale.. Thanks!!

I am a man of few words. Just joined to get back in the swing of things and start building costumes and props again.

Hi Everyone! My name is Richard Lafarga. I currently work for a toy company in North Jersey. I've been working in the toy industry for the past 9 years.

Hey everyone!

I've been on here a few times before, but I've just recently became interested enough to actually make an account. I love to build props and costumes, even though I only have little experience actually building and have spent most of my time studying it. I have made an Iron Man helmet and two Halo 3 helmets, but the results were pretty poor by my standards (I'm sort of a perfectionist).

I already have a few ideas of some new projects. I'm looking to build a Deadpool X Force costume, either a Scarlet Spider costume or Future Foundation Spiderman costume, a Red Hood costume, and possibly a Green Arrow costume. If anyone has any tips about making any of these that they don't mind sharing I'd really appreciate it!:):thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back