Hi guys, newbie from Surrey Canada. Found this site by searching how to use foam to make prop helmets. My wife and I like to make our son's Halloween costumes and this year we chose Loki. Been watching lots of videos and reading tones of tutorials. Thanks for all the help and resources.

I've been a huge fan of this site for a while, so when I decided to theme my basement after the haunted mansion, I thought I'd join so you all could see pics.

Hi,
I am definitely new to the cosplay creating scene. I have no experience as i am a 32 year old cake artist. I can paint and sculpt but everything else is going to be a steep learning curve :) I am on here to make a Ant man costume for next years fancon :)

Well, why not give a shout in here now that I'm registered. Initially I thought to register just to subscribe few threads, but been browsing this community for some time by now already after I found this forum this summer. I've always loved props and sfx stuff and addicted to watch all the "behind the scenes" material from DVD's just to see how things were created. This year, I was asked to make a special prop for one event (due to my engineering background) and this got me curious to try my hands even more with the subject. So, here I'm now, trying to learn more as I go and trying not to choke into this enormous amount of information everywhere. Many thanks to everyone who share this precious info and showing some awesome crafts!

Hello everyone,

I've been a lurker and joined last year in October 2014 to research on a Scarecrow cosplay from Batman Arkham Asylum, which I never finished due to going to college. But I am happy to share my first time cosplaying at this past weekend's Space City Comic Con in Houston,TX. i was able to cosplay one of my favorite characters from Stargate Atlantis, Ronon Dex. I have included a pic of my finished work. And thanks to user, Futurescape3D, for creating that sweet Magnum Particle Pistol!
Art as Ronon Dex Reference Pics CROp.jpg

Wassup people's I'm new to this whole making armour and weapons thing (even though I'm a seasoned cosplayer) so I'm hoping to discover a few new friends to help me out and to learn new things

Last edited:
Hello,

Been on here lurking for a few years now, just realized that I've never actually posted here. I'm interested in making star trek tricorders and working with styrene.

Aloha! Been browsing this site for the last few days and its inspiring me to attempt to build on some pepakura stuff. Also want to try foam building. So if I need advice please help a newbie out!

There are some amazing costumes and props on here made by some very talented people. I hope to one day make it to the same level!! I'm interested in cosplaying at some expo's so learning to create costumes is the first step as I cant afford to commission them - its what happens with a new baby :D I love looking at other peoples builds so post post post!!

Hello RPF.

Been an intermittent lurker for a year or more, and thought it high time I get an account. Hard to contribute or ask questions without one, so here I am.

Greetings! I am The Doomed One, and I have been lurking around for a few months. I am currently nearly finished with a foam replica of Mal's handgun from Serenity, and am just beginning work on a replica of Thorn.

Hey guys

I'm a complete newb when it comes to creating props, and have no idea how to model and pretty much all of the other awesome stuff you guys do on here! But thats why I'm here. I came to learn from you guys and gain knowledge about prop making and whatnot! I've never even started a project yet (mostly because I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing) but I really want to start. I definitely have a couple things I'm interested in (like making costumes and weapons) but I don't know where to start! I'd appreciate if anyone could help a newb like me get off their butt and get into this stuff. Any pointers are welcome!

Thanks, can't wait to get started!

Hello RPF

Like many others I haven't joined that many forums in the past but having built kits, models, scratchbuilds and a couple of full size Daleks in my time I thought I'd join here and see how it goes. I'm going through a studio scale "period" at the moment with Anderson vehicles and almost any spaceship catching my eye! That said a couple of other things prompted me to join - Eric Peterson's 3D Whomobile parts was one of them. Anyways here's to prop building, I'm off to explore the site.

Hey Guys! I'm VickyVic! Just joined the RPF. Not much of a prop maker but I sew loads of Lycra for superhero cosplays. I'll be scrolling the RPF for many props I can't make for cosplays I plan in the Future.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi All, My name is Mark and I have just joined the RPF, as Vengeance Props. I have been making and creating props and costumes for my kids and friends for sometime. I primarily have been making props and foam armour but have slowly picked up more sewing :).
I have worked in the Visual Arts area since I completed my Bachelor Degree back in 97 at QUT, but have only recently become more serious about props and costuming.
I came to this site through watching people like Bill at Punished Props and following the RPF on facebook.
So once again a Big Hello and I look forward to positive interactions with you as I go forward.
Cheers :)

Greetings! Just wanted to say hello, and that I have a wide variety prop interests. I want to make props, so I hope this community can help me out with advice and hopefully some good pictures of the props you all may have! Though no experience in this department, I work construction so I'm pretty handy and love to make stuff. I can't wait to get my first project underway!

My first project, to make a key ring with keys from some of my favorite franchises.

Marvel - ? (Suggestions) PM me.
Star Wars - ? (Suggestions) PM me.
Indiana Jones - ? (Suggestions) PM me. Head Staff of Ray, a key yeah, but not what I want.
Supernatural - 1967 Chevy Impala Key
Pirates of the Caribbean - Davy Jones' chest key
The 5th Element - Temple Key
James Bond - 1 of the car keys, probably an Aston Martin
Psycho - Bates Motel room key

Maybe a few more, and later I'm going to use them for the locks of the cases of my displays. Who knows how I'll make locks for some of them, haha. should be fun!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone! I have a large interest in gaming and the comic book industry and I want to get into making more cosplays and props. I am currently working on my first Cosplay for 2016 London Comic Con after having attempted and made some props for other friends. I first made small items purely 3D printed for a couple of D&D sessions that my friend had then a couple of friends asked for swords so I made one from War Hammer and the Master Sword for another friend, both these swords were fully 3d printed. Then I wanted to work on other projects for myself so I made other items for different occasions till I started my current project of a cosplay for myself which is from Overwatch for when it comes out and it will be Soldier 76.
I hope to keep doing things for friends using more materials than just 3d printing items. This is starting with the gun I am making for my cosplay which will being to be made from MDF and then later moulded.

Hi!
I will be posting pics of homemade batman (or robin, nightwing, batgirl etc...) gadgets and weapons.
I am currently working on some cardboard models of the batmobile and the batcave!
Be sure to check out my posts!

Hello! I just started on the RPF. I've used this site a-lot in making an Indiana Jones Grail diary and other props. Right now I am looking to build a Farnsworth communicator from the TV show "Warehouse 13". Does anyone have any suggestions where I could get a faceplate for one?

Halo, Apa Kareba? (Makassar langauge : Hello everyone, how are you all)

My Name is imran, 24 from Makassar City - Indonesia. I'm a Cosplayer, fan of Star Wars and Tokusatsu Movies (such like Kamen Rider, Super Sentai/Power Rangers, Ultraman, Godzilla). I found this forum from my friend, when i'm make a Darth Vader costume for this december. Now, I'm working on All Parts that costume (darth vader) while i looked example from theRPF member that have been make star wars costume. Greetings for everyone.

Thank You

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back