Hi all.

I was a (french) Jack Sparrow impersonator. I've given up the job, but i'm still interested by home made costume parts.
I've met fabulous people, trying to reach perfection.

Some of them are around here :D.

A part of my job :

F.G.

Attachments

• TN-manteau_jack_sparrow-01.jpg
    TN-manteau_jack_sparrow-01.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 75
Hi,

I have been visiting the RPF website on and off for while now and so it is about time that I register as a member. Just a short introduction, my name is Odwin, age 43 and I'm from The Netherlands. I am mainly here because I am interested in making modelkits/model replicas. My upcoming project will be the Hasbro Millenium Falcon conversion so looking forward to find loads of info on the RPF and getting in contact with fellow enthousiasts.

Best wishes,

Odwin

My name is Keely and I'm a 35-year-old mother of three munchkins here in Dallas. We tend to do costuming as a family and my current project is from the Aliens franchise. We also have Doctor Who, Pokemon (couldn't say no to the kids!), and a bunch more comics and sci-fi costumes. You can view all of them here: https://www.facebook.com/munchkincosplay

I've been costuming since 2002 but have just recently started working with EVA foam and more complicated props and armor. Love being able to expand my talents and look forward to continuing that in the years to come.

Hello! Robert from Atlanta! I primarily do freelance sound design, and teach audio at a local college, but the past few years have been getting really excited about making props and costumes. I've painted a Nerf rifle, and am now planning a Scarecrow (from batman) costume, complete with fear gas! Going to take a look at a few posts here on that, then ask a few of my own questions. Thanks, and hello!

What's up RPF? Located in New Mexico and love the site! I'm really impressed by all the talent and resources here. I've been reading for a few months and just finished my first project, so I'll post images and notes soon.

Hello !!! i am (obviously) new here i am looking forward to do great things here i am also currently making ant man and bat man arkham knight

Hello !
My little name is Coralie, 26 yrs old from Belgium.
I apologize for the poor english I may have, and I try to do my best :$.
The reason why I came here is that my best friend is a fan of BTTF, and it's now 3 years he bought his DeLorean and that he tries to build a perfect replica.
So, I'm searching where I could get some pieces he couldn't find, some advices or anything that could help me in my big research, to show him he got a best friend build in gold, :p and surprise him AS HELL !
I wanna see him "WTF?!", ON HIS ASS !

I think that's it :D !

Coralie

And here is his wifey DeLorean
:lol
11749630_10153848038459179_1338964481_n.jpg11751384_10153848038484179_838019021_n.jpg.11774449_10153848038444179_79529633_n.jpg

11774449_10153848038444179_79529633_n.jpg

11749630_10153848038459179_1338964481_n.jpg

11751384_10153848038484179_838019021_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys my names sven currently living in sunny Scotland i recently got into building my own costumes and replica cosplays my first one was pyramid head from silent hill but ive been a massive fan of costume builders and and the nagnificent designs they create.

My next few projects will include forst of all the mk17 tsugumori to wear from the anime knights of sidonia as well as moving into my own set of halo armour and maybe a big daddie costume from bioshock.

Greetings fellow humans,
My name is Ace, and I'm not sure this is the right place for me. I don't do much in the way of prop or costume builds, even though I've made my own storm trooper and Jedi costumes and a customised R2D2... At the moment I make jewellery based on chain maille, steampunk and filigree wire, as a kind of hobby business. I exhibit at pop culture expos and a medieval faire or two throughout the year.
Recently I made an interesting addition to a costume for a gentleman. He costumes as Thor, and I wanted to share the addition I made to his armour. This is a set of Scale-Mail sleeves, based on medieval armour. They took two months to build (approx 33 hours per sleeve) and another 20 hours-ish of fine tuning after the event.
I'm really proud of the work, and wanted to show it in a community who appreciates costume builds, and the time they take to accomplish.
I have permission to use the attached photo.
Enjoy, and thank you for reading.

.image.jpg

Shazear here. I've done Ren Fest for years, and my wife used to cosplay before we got together. Now we're not doing faire, but still love the process of putting together a high-quality kit. I have a friend in the 501st who suggested that we get back into cosplay. So we're looking to do Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood of Hawkeye and Mustang. Also, I've been wanting to put together a full suit of Male Officer ATAC armor from Robotech: Southern Cross, and that's how I got here.

Hey RPF, my name is Ben and I've been a lurker here for a bit after getting hip to the world of prop making through the articles on Tested. I do not have much experience with 1:1 work myself, other than a couple commissioned kit builds that I was sad to have to ship to the customer. My interests are much more in scale replicas, but more specifically in toy making, rather than fine models or display pieces. I've done some work in 1/6 scale, as well as smaller items, mostly around robotic characters. Some of the work I do is meant to be realistic, usually with heavy weathering and wear, but I also do a lot of work interpreting designs in a vintage style inspired by the 70's-80's Japanese toys that I collect.

prhi-gonk-power-droid-09.jpg
Here's an example of my work, a 1/6 scale articulated Gonk Droid toy. I also did a batch of these scaled down to 1/12 scale for use with 6" Star Wars figures.

Hey RPF!
Long time lurker and beneficiary of the creativity and skill of the membership here, so I thought I would join properly and hopefully make some contributions of my own.

I have been collecting prop replicas for some years now (primarily Master Replicas stuff) and started cosplaying last year. I come from a historical reenacting background and bring my focus on authenticity to this new frontier. As I explained to some of my reenacting buddies, the way I see it, the main difference between good reenacting and good cosplay is simply this: Reenacting is trying to come as close as possible to recreating something that once happened, while good cosplay is trying to come as close as possible to recreating something you WISH would happen.

I look forward to being part of this community.

Hi everyone!
I'm Sarah. I'm starting out as a sculptor and effects artists.
There's so much talent and creativity on here it will be interesting to see everyone's work!

Hello everyone!!

Glad to meet everyone!! I was directed to this site and forum by a friend and fellow member of the 501st!! I am new to costume making & have been looking for a starkiller Helmet & armor. at least advice on how to fabricate the pieces myself. I have been a member of the 501st for just over a year & thoroughly enjoy the group & members. looking forward to learning from everyone!! please feel free to Email with any advice!!! thank you!!!

Curt. AKA nisstyre911

Hello, everyone. I was directed here by another user from a different forum, and I'm hoping to learn a lot. I'm a 34-year-old Texas native, and like my username suggests, a nearly-rabid film geek. I've become more selective in recent years, but overall, the name still fits. Thanks for having me.

Hi all. Living in Stoke on Trent UK. Dad of 3 mad Star wars kids. All three would like costumes made for them for next years UK Garrison at the NSC Leicester. So i have a bit of a challenge for me to do. Need to make a Stormtrooper, Jango Fett and a AT-RT rider.

Thank you for allowing me to join.

Hello, I'm Glauberton Junior, from Brazil, and I like so much the things that people create here. And I'm thinking to do a cosplay, and this forum is really gonna help me!

New member, unfortunately I cannot contribute much in the way of building things. :( However I am a big fan of SciFi fantasy and comic movies. Honestly I am here to try and get people to sell me things they make. :) as I am horrible at making them myself.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back